Casey Printers NOT Welcome Back

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Casey Printers NOT Welcome Back

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Note to the pinheads in Vancouver who forgot what Casey Printers is all about…

Casey Printers is not going to sign with the BC. Lions…
To start with the Lions do not have the cap room and secondly they already have 5…count ‘em…5 quarterbacks under contract…
General Manager Wally Buono is currently paying that group $750 thousand dollars…

There is also another issue…
Printers would not be welcomed in the Lions dressing room…
In the words of Rob Murphy…“the consensus on the team is it would not be good if he came backâ€￾…
Murphy was one of many Lions who were very upset when Printers showed up in Vancouver before last year’s Western Final…
Those players threatened to throw Printers out on his ass if he attempted to come into the locker room…

Nobody questions Printers athletic talent…but his maturity is another matter…
In 2004 he was named the most outstanding player in the CFL but did not play in the Grey Cup…

Printers never got over that…

He publicly criticized Buono…“I will not forget how I was treated….I won’t forget how i was toyed with…that will always stick with meâ€￾…

Let’s set the record straight…
Casey Printers has never given a damn about anything other than Casey Printers…
In his senior year of college he turned his back on TCU. To get a better deal with Florida A and M…

It was a huge mistake and Printers was not even drafted by the NFL…
His football career appeared to be over when the Lions gave him the biggest break of his life…

In 2003 the Lions not only invested the time and the money to develop him but the following year gave him the opportunity to start when Dave Dickenson was injured…
How did he reward this team???
He turned down a 3 year deal worth 1.2 million dollars and then ripped the organization on his way out of town…

Why some football fans in this city still want him back…remains one of the true mysteries in all of sports…

DP
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Here, Here.

Nothing but a cancer his whole time here.

I can't wait for the boos he will recieve whenever he returns to BC Place...with ANOTHER team.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Printers has about as much chance of ending up in a Lion's uniform as Bertuzzi did in a Cancuks this year. But that isn't going to stop some people from talking about it. Personally I hope he finds another NFL home so he can hold the clip board and make the big $'s as per his childhood dream.
R.I.P. Luc.
MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

Bartman wrote:Printers has about as much chance of ending up in a Lion's uniform as Bertuzzi did in a Cancuks this year. But that isn't going to stop some people from talking about it. Personally I hope he finds another NFL home so he can hold the clip board and make the big $'s as per his childhood dream.
When he's 30 or abouts and wants to start again, it will be interesting to see if he still has enough in the tank.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

MacNews wrote:
Bartman wrote:Printers has about as much chance of ending up in a Lion's uniform as Bertuzzi did in a Cancuks this year. But that isn't going to stop some people from talking about it. Personally I hope he finds another NFL home so he can hold the clip board and make the big $'s as per his childhood dream.
When he's 30 or abouts and wants to start again, it will be interesting to see if he still has enough in the tank.
News reports now say that he is almost ready to sign with a CFL team and it's down to BC and Hamilton. I may have to eat my words here.
R.I.P. Luc.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

OK he's signed with Hamilon for $500,000/yr. Highest paid in the league and on the worst team. Nice to see it's not all about the $'s eh Casey?
R.I.P. Luc.
MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

I'm glad Hamilton will have someone to build around.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

its good for the league that printers goes to hamilton. spreads out the talent and makes it more competitive.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

do the lions get any compensation for him?
MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

mattola wrote:do the lions get any compensation for him?
Nope.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

MacNews wrote:
mattola wrote:do the lions get any compensation for him?
Nope.
that sucks.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

He shouldn't let the door hit him on the ass on the way out.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Yeah, good for the league that Hamilton got Printers.' Hopefully, Hamilton become more competitive.

What's with the hatred towards Printers' anyway? What did he do in BC to rub everyone the wrong way? (I only started following the CFL seriously last season when I got seasons' tickets to the Lions' games).
JoeKnows
MVP
MVP

Post by JoeKnows »

Long story short, he has an attitude that's incompatible with how Wally wants it to be, and I'll take the veteran coaches' side on that one, especially one with as many rings as Wally. He didn't get them by being petty and making personnel decisions based on spite.