Roberto Luongo's favorite album is by Justin Timberlake

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Roberto Luongo's favorite album is by Justin Timberlake

Post by Naslund Is King »

:o

Personally mine is by Matthew Good.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Mine changes depending on the mood.

Right now, it's anything by The Police. One of the greatest bands of all-time, bar none.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

jchockey wrote:Mine changes depending on the mood.

Right now, it's anything by The Police. One of the greatest bands of all-time, bar none.

uhh...

Pink Flloyd.

sorry dude.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Pink Floyd's a pretty good choice, but they can't beat the likes of Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, David Bowie or even Metallica of the 80's. J.J Cale, Lynyrd Skynyrd and early Kiss are in the same division as Floyd. Well... Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, ZZ Top, Status Quo are up there as well. And Queen of course.

Have to admit though that "Pigs (three different ones)" is one of the Top10 songs ever recorded. And Mother probably makes it into the Top50.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

jchockey wrote:Mine changes depending on the mood.

My three pre-teen kids surprisingly really like their first two albums. They sing along with "Bombs Away" and "So Lonely" in the car. I've always kinda had a soft spot for "Be My Girl Sally" and was mucho disappointed when they didn't play it at their recent concert at GM Place. Unquestionably, the greatest song ever written about an inflateable doll.

Speaking of guilty closet 80s retro pleasures, I took in one of Prince's shows in London the other week. Holy crap! The guy hasn't lost a fricken step. He might even be better now than he was in his heyday. Possibly the tightest band I've ever heard (he has a couple players from James Brown's old crew), yet the little guy is actually the best musician of the bunch - and on multiple instruments! Some of his guitar licks were . . . well . . . sorta . . . let's say indescribably stunning. Prince is one of those acts - like Springsteen or Beck - that I never really appreciated till I saw him live. It's just about impossible to walk away from one of his shows and not be impressed as hell.

That embarrasing admission aside, as an elderly curmudgeon I tend to stick to a conservative diet of Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Bowie, Dylan, Elvis Costello, Marvin Gaye, Springsteen, the Beach Boys and Frank Zappa.

I really think Luongo's play would improve if he spent more time listening to "Peaches En Regalia" from Hot Rats.
Last edited by Meerschaum on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

"Peaches En Regalia" - on my ipod - a classic.

Floyd - a favourite, but these days I've gone back to the old school punk for a bit of a kickstart.

(moving this to the bar and grill)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Spirit of the West and the Tragically Hip populate most of my Ipod
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Well, I might as well list 'em all off.

Pink Floyd, The Police, Sting, Zeppelin, David Bowie, Marvin Gaye, INXS and the immortal Beatles top off the all-time, never-get-old favs.

I have a strong dislike for any of those post '90s pop-rock bands (I'm looking at you, Nickelback). None of that hip-hop, rap, trance, techno crap for me either.
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Yeah, don't think anyone can beat Queen.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I can't believe noone's mentioned the Who yet. :shock: They are by and far the best band of all time. Queen, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd are all excellent bands, but personally I'd live in a world without Bohemian Raphsody LONG before I'd live in a world without Pinball wizard.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

levelheaded wrote:I can't believe noone's mentioned the Who yet. :shock:
:shock:

:shock:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

levelheaded wrote:I can't believe noone's mentioned the Who yet.
Who?
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

levelheaded wrote:I can't believe noone's mentioned the Who yet. :shock: They are by and far the best band of all time. Queen, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd are all excellent bands, but personally I'd live in a world without Bohemian Raphsody LONG before I'd live in a world without Pinball wizard.
Noooooooooooo

BR>you
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Naslund Is King wrote:
levelheaded wrote:I can't believe noone's mentioned the Who yet. :shock: They are by and far the best band of all time. Queen, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd are all excellent bands, but personally I'd live in a world without Bohemian Raphsody LONG before I'd live in a world without Pinball wizard.
Noooooooooooo

BR>you
What an intelligent and well thought out post JOS11. I'm a big fan of people who disagree with someone else's opinion. :roll:
Vanekfan3
AHL Prospect

Post by Vanekfan3 »

Bret H wrote:Pink Floyd's a pretty good choice, but they can't beat the likes of Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, David Bowie or even Metallica of the 80's. J.J Cale, Lynyrd Skynyrd and early Kiss are in the same division as Floyd. Well... Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, ZZ Top, Status Quo are up there as well. And Queen of course.

Have to admit though that "Pigs (three different ones)" is one of the Top10 songs ever recorded. And Mother probably makes it into the Top50.

wwwwooooohhhhooooooooo there is someone who knows what music is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YES DUDE :wave: :drunk: :cheers: :rockin: