Sportsnet Connected

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Do you like the new Sportsnet Connected?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 4

nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Sportsnet Connected

Post by nuxfanindallas »

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for the marketing that usually accompanies show launches and re-launches, and this was no exception. I was looking forward to the show's debut.

But God was that awful...

Taylor (whom I generally like) looked uncomfortable the whole time, the name is dumb, the girl doing the "Inbox" segment was HORRENDOUS (although drunkathletes.com IS funny), and the attempt at replicating ESPN's Kenny Mayne's comedy bits with the Sabres was embarrassing.

The guys on The Score are goofs, but at least stupid enough to sometimes be funny. This show seems to be a 55-year-old execs idea of what young guys would think was cool.

I know it's early and there's time to get better, but it better be soon otherwise they won't have any viewers left at all.

P.S. Thank goodness for Slingbox.
Nucksfan10
CC Rookie

Sportsnet Connected

Post by Nucksfan10 »

Well i can't say i agree with sportsnet connected. The idea is good, but they tried to hard and added too much. The inbox thing not so great, now if they have an email thing like the score does when you say "Hey heres a question, reply and we can read on the air". Don't get me wrong, i love sportsnet because, well, they have the nucks. But this is too much and ya Taylor looks like he would rather take a pay cut to see this leave.
It was all about the Russian Rocket.....there i said it
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Can someone tell me what this is? When I turned on Sportsnet here in Ottawa, everything looked very different, but I assumed it was just because I'm now in the Sportsnet East region instead of Sportsnet Ontario (or so I think). Have they actually reformatted everything?
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

What are you guys talking about?

Taylor is like he always is.

I like this Sportsnet Connected ( The inbox chick was awful though...Stephanie or something...)

But they improved the graphics a lot ( we now see the goals and assists...not just the goals)
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund