2006: The best year for movies of all-time? (ranks up there)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

2006: The best year for movies of all-time? (ranks up there)

Post by Farhan Lalji »

This past month, I've seen the following movies:

-Little Miss Sunshine
-Beerfest
-Jackass 2

All 3 of these movies, will rank as one of the best movies that I've ever seen. All 3 just might rank in my top 15 of all-time. All 3 movies had me laughing very very hard.

X-Men III was another tremendous movie from earlier this year.

For me personally, this year ranks as one of the best movie years of all-time.
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

Don't forget Scary Movie 4 in February.
Thats the best movie I've seen for a while.
I Hart Luongo.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

*CanucksForLife* wrote:Don't forget Scary Movie 4 in February.
Thats the best movie I've seen for a while.
Yeah, Scary Movie 4 wasn't too bad. For me though, Scary Movie I was far and away the best of the 4 (the original Scary Movie still ranks as one of my favorite movies of all-time).

I found that in the other 3 movies, they often tried too hard to be funny. Leslie Nielsen was always awesome though. 8-)
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Just came back from Jackass number two.... that is soooooo funny.... i recomend it for anyone!! unless maybe you have a week stomach... lol
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Farhan Lalji

Re: 2006: The best year for movies of all-time? (ranks up th

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Farhan Lalji wrote:This past month, I've seen the following movies:

-Little Miss Sunshine
-Beerfest
-Jackass 2

All 3 of these movies, will rank as one of the best movies that I've ever seen. All 3 just might rank in my top 15 of all-time. All 3 movies had me laughing very very hard.

X-Men III was another tremendous movie from earlier this year.

For me personally, this year ranks as one of the best movie years of all-time.
LOL,

How did I forget about Talledega Nights? The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. That movie was also pretty ROFL. 8-)
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

And I forgot Over The Hedge! Thats a crazy kids movie! I enjoyed it A LOT.
I Hart Luongo.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

*CanucksForLife* wrote:And I forgot Over The Hedge! Thats a crazy kids movie! I enjoyed it A LOT.
I actually haven't seen that. I might check it out.

Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift was also another movie that I absolutely LOVED. Quite possibly the best out of the 3 IMHO.

I'm also looking forward to Grudge 2 next month. The original Grudge was one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Tokyo Drift was really good too.
The Grudge 2 is gonna be awesome.
I Hart Luongo.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Harold and Kumar go to whitecastle is the funniest movie ever! (i know its not from this year but i thought i would point that out...)
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

Comedies do not make great movies, dramas and action movies are the respectable good movies, and scary movie 4 was terrible. the only scary movie i liked was 1 and that was because i was 12 when i saw it. trust me people im the right one i've seen everything and have worked both in the theatre and in movie stores everything equalling
free movies. I have seen toooo many. but DAMN haraold and kumar go to white castle was good
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Jsut because you don't like comdey movies, doesn't mean they suck.

SCHOOL FOR SCOUNDRELS.
I Hart Luongo.
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

next year should be a pretty good year for movies as well. transformers, spiderman 3, pirates of the caribbean 3, and a few others i can't quite remember at the moment.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I wonder how this year will hold up to 1939 - the year to compare others to. Gone with the wind, Wizard of Oz, Dstry Rides Again, Marx Brothers at the Circus, Hunchback of Notre Dame, etc.

Maybe it could be a good year for the decade, but all time? You're also forgetting "Snakes on a Plane".
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Dead mans Chest sucked.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Vegas_Nucks_Fan wrote:I wonder how this year will hold up to 1939 - the year to compare others to. Gone with the wind, Wizard of Oz, Dstry Rides Again, Marx Brothers at the Circus, Hunchback of Notre Dame, etc.

Maybe it could be a good year for the decade, but all time? You're also forgetting "Snakes on a Plane".
"Snakes on a Plane" was surprisingly ridiculously entertaining... though I'd only recommend watching it in theatres, as it's surely only good when watched in large groups.

As for all time great years, I think 1989 would rank up there. Born on the Fourth of July, My Left Foot, Dead Poet's Society, and my personal favourite, GLORY. Oh and there was also Field of Dreams and Driving Miss Daisy that year, but I neither cared for nor remembered those movies. Still, quite a few classics in that year.