Best place to watch a game in Delta or Surrey?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Best place to watch a game in Delta or Surrey?

Post by ververgaert »

I used to watch at the Dolphin in Surrey when I lived out that way. Good staff, good food and Pete and Chris were the most genorous tar benders I've ever encountered.

Now that I'm out Delta way its the Kennedy or the 120 bar and grill but they realy don't cut it unless you want bad service at a high price.

Any ideas?
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Jester
AHL Prospect

Post by Jester »

That bar by cheers was pretty good. Mayday Malone's... I think it's called Score's now?

Haven't been forever, but they had cheap wings and such.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

North Delta, eh ? I used to live there. I hope there is some positive element to this circumstance that makes it seem better to you than it did to me.

The Red Lion Inn at 80th and 112th (if it's still there) wasn't too bad. Friendly wait staff, at least. Of course, this is obviously old intel, and things might have changed.

Good Luck.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I used to go to the Red lion in Nordell to play QB1. I even saw the lady that owns it light herself on fire with sterno ! What a bug that was!

Anyway that place moved across the street beside the hardware store and is not quite the same.

Yeah Ronnings Ghost the move back to N.D was positive considering that I had lived in Newton for the last 12 years. I grew up in Sunshine hills so Delta is old hat and quite comfortable for me.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: Best place to watch a game in Delta or Surrey?

Post by DavidPratt_ »

ververgaert wrote:I used to watch at the Dolphin in Surrey when I lived out that way. Good staff, good food and Pete and Chris were the most genorous tar benders I've ever encountered.

Now that I'm out Delta way its the Kennedy or the 120 bar and grill but they realy don't cut it unless you want bad service at a high price.

Any ideas?
Hey Ververgaert...do you want this or not for your avatar?

http://www3.telus.net/web/dennis

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Jester wrote:That bar by cheers was pretty good. Mayday Malone's... I think it's called Score's now?

Haven't been forever, but they had cheap wings and such.
I think you're referring to All Star Sports grille. Great place to go. Great food and great service.