Which CBC Show is your Favourite?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Which CBC Show is your Favourite?

The Tournament
No votes
Hustle
No votes
11 Cameras
No votes
Are you kidding me? Who watches this SH**T?
100%

Total votes: 9

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Grizzly wrote:
OK....so what should have I put up there? Air Farce? "This Hour has 22 Minutes"....how about the 'Beachcombers' or 'King of Kensington'.
Or the Irish Rovers right after the Beachcombers on a sunday nite ... of course that would be followed by John boy and the Waltons ... hmmm Battlestar Galactica used to run for a while too I guess.

Its not all bad on CBC and I don't ever want to condemn them and say that they should just tank out but certainly some of their required programming is ... shall I say "weak" in comparison with other stations.

Having said that my parents love watching CBC ... but thats just a good indication of the audience they are appealing to... the question is how much longer will that aged audience be around.

Grizz

Ah the '70s...I remember watching Bruno and company on the Beachcombers, Al Waxman on the 'King'. I also remember watching Love Boat, Fantasy Island.....just thinking of all those hot tub parties and those girls in the hot pants....sigh. I want the '70s back minus the Beachcombers.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

DavidPratt_ wrote: I also remember watching Love Boat, Fantasy Island..... I want the '70s back...

Oh god, that's almost as tacky as your "cougar" posts. Maybe your taste really is worse than your bias...
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
I also remember watching Love Boat, Fantasy Island..... I want the '70s back...

Six Million Dollar Man ... Mod Squad ... Get Smart ... Gunsmoke ... Mork & Mindy ... the real Starsky & Hutch ...

Grizz
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
Outside of HNIC, can you honestly tell me the shows above are good?
No !
Canadian journalism is first-rate - ie the National, etc. but outside of that?
Nothing !

Grizz
Kowch: The tribe has spoken.

dp
Ooh... two people on a hockey board have spoken. The Canadian populace as a whole have not.

Have your little circle-jerk and plot the end of Hockey Night in Canada and NHL hockey on CBC. You're entitled to your opinion; and you're certaintly not going to change mine.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

orts wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote: I also remember watching Love Boat, Fantasy Island..... I want the '70s back...

Oh god, that's almost as tacky as your "cougar" posts. Maybe your taste really is worse than your bias...
I had to shut down my blog after all the rude comments re. the post. What is so wrong about liking cougars??

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Kowch wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
No !
Nothing !

Grizz

dp
Ooh... two people on a hockey board have spoken. The Canadian populace as a whole have not.

Have your little circle-jerk and plot the end of Hockey Night in Canada and NHL hockey on CBC. You're entitled to your opinion; and you're certaintly not going to change mine.
Question: are you living in Canada right now? I think I read in one of your posts that maybe you're not?

dp

Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Kowch wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
No !
Nothing !

Grizz

dp

Question: are you living in Canada right now? I think I read in one of your posts that maybe you're not?

dp
That is correct - I am currently living in Florida.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Kowch wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:
Kowch wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
No !
Nothing !

Grizz

dp

dp
That is correct - I am currently living in Florida.
No offense there Kowch but I think time away leaves you with fond and often rose-coloured glasses. While you bask in the Florida sun, the 'tribe' here has been stuck listening to Bob Cole mispronounce hockey player's names. Greg Millen has been even more obnoxious on HNIC since you left.

When I'm out of the country I tend to like Canadian beer better and end up talking about how great Alberta beef is in comparison to whatever meat it is I'm eating in a foreign land.

Join the rest of the tribe. We know what we speak of. The CBC isn't as great as you once remembered it.

PS - They cancelled the Beachcombers as well while you were gone.

dp

Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

DavidPratt_ wrote: No offense there Kowch but I think time away leaves you with fond and often rose-coloured glasses. While you bask in the Florida sun, the 'tribe' here has been stuck listening to Bob Cole mispronounce hockey player's names. Greg Millen has been even more obnoxious on HNIC since you left.
You presume to know me. So it's quiz time.

When did I leave Canada? (Since you seem to know when I left, this should be easy)
Where did I live prior to leaving Canada?
Why did I move to Florida?
What's my favouite colour?
Who's my favourite all time player?
How old am I?

Let me know how you score with this preliminary round of questions.

Didn't score so well did you? Well, thanks for playing.

You may not want to presume anything as it makes you look stupid.
When I'm out of the country I tend to like Canadian beer better and end up talking about how great Alberta beef is in comparison to whatever meat it is I'm eating in a foreign land.
Thanks for trying to invalidate my opinion by playing the "Oh, but you don't even live here" card. Listen up: I'm still a Canadian citizen, I still vote (with an absentee ballot) and I still read CBC.ca on a daily (almost hourly) basis. While I currently reside in the US, I still watch hockey and drink Canadian beer and the highlight of my hockey watching is when I get a CBC feed with my NHL Center Ice package. So don't presume to think I see things through rose coloured glasses or that I'm waxing nostalgic because I'm not.
Join the rest of the tribe. We know what we speak of. The CBC isn't as great as you once remembered it.
Oh, so the CBC has totally gone downhill since late 2004 eh? (Crap.. I just gave you an answer to the quiz... oh well... I guess I can live with giving you a gimme).

Your opinion has been in the minority as far as I'm concerned. You're entitled to your opinion, and as I said, you're not going to change mine nor the opinion of the majority of my friends and family back home.
PS - They cancelled the Beachcombers as well while you were gone.
PS - you're being an asshole. (But that's not news around here).
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Kowch wrote:
Relax buddy ... I'm not insulting you and I never once said you weren't entitled to your opinion ... I do watch CBC on occaasion but IMO I do find other channels have better programming ... so what ... big deal... If you also read some of my other posts on other threads you would see that I do in fact support HNIC on CBC (other than being tired of Cole and Neale) ...

... as far as the "circle-jerk" comment goes ... I find that completely offensive and out of line ... not even funny ... enough said ... I think we are done with this topic.

Grizz
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Kowch wrote:PS - you're being an asshole. (But that's not news around here).
Yeesh. Chill out. I think you've spent too much time down there.

dp

Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

Grizzly wrote:
Relax buddy ... I'm not insulting you and I never once said you weren't entitled to your opinion ... I do watch CBC on occaasion but IMO I do find other channels have better programming ... so what ... big deal... If you also read some of my other posts on other threads you would see that I do in fact support HNIC on CBC (other than being tired of Cole and Neale) ...
Relax Grizzly... my comments were directed at Mr. Pratt and not at you.

... as far as the "circle-jerk" comment goes ... I find that completely offensive and out of line ... not even funny ... enough said ... I think we are done with this topic.

Grizz[/quote]

Again, not directed at you and I apolgize if you were offended.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Kowch wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
Relax Grizzly... my comments were directed at Mr. Pratt and not at you.

Grizz
Again, not directed at you and I apolgize if you were offended.[/quote]

Grizzly: Jeb Bush here is mad at me not you. Don't take it personally. We just have a disagreement over the CBC. He is entitled to his opinion and I am to mine.

dp

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

They show Frasier..so Frasier.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:They show Frasier..so Frasier.
Buddy, Frasier is an American show the CBC plays on their network...because they don't have anything better!!

Here's someone who has strong feelings about the CBC:

dp