Zinedine Zidane - Why the Head Butt

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Zinedine Zidane - Why the Head Butt

Post by mattola »

does anyone know what made Zinedine Zidane lose it and head but the Italian player? that was nuts?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/s ... ml?cnn=yes
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Probably the same reason he stomped the Saudi player in the '98 World Cup and was suspended for a match - racist comment. He's always been touchy on the subject of his Algerian heritage.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Kid A
AHL Prospect

Post by Kid A »

What a poor way to end his career. Last game of a great tournament for him. He was a classy guy, and this is a huge tarnish on his legacy.
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

Totally unbelievable :shock:

Talk about a career changing moment, his legacy to the game will be forever changed.

I thought the Italian player might have given him a "tit twister" when they where fighting for space in front of Italys goal,but whatever it was it surely set him off and probably cost France the game.

Too bad :?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

if you watched the play develpe, he and the Italian player (I don't recall his name) were chirping at each other for a while. something was said. He lost it. He then took matter into his own hands, made a stupid decision in the heat of the moment, and it was caught on TV and will result in a shitstorm of media (especially in france).....

He is just lucky he didn't frikking break that Italian guys neck...... :roll:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

With the force of that hit ZZ might get some offers from the NFL ;)
vancando
AHL Prospect

Zidane Red Card

Post by vancando »

Apparently he was called a dirty terrorist, referring to his Algerian descent.
http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/arti ... idane+jibe
F15 Driver
MVP
MVP

Post by F15 Driver »

He is just lucky he didn't frikking break that Italian guys neck......
I suppose the Italian player's career is over now and he'll sue ZZ.
I'm sure a change of venue to Rome will also be in order.
Oh, brother... :whistle:
F-15E Strike Eagle - Cadillac of the Skies!
orts
CC Veteran

Re: Zidane Red Card

Post by orts »

vancando wrote:Apparently he was called a dirty terrorist, referring to his Algerian descent.
Materazzi: "I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means" ... Ignorant indeed! But then a lot of people have trouble defining it, including some politicians who like to throw it around a lot :P

In other news, Materazzi's father defends Materazzi against the charge of being mouthy:

"It's as though they have something against him each time. In the past two years, Marco has only been on the receiving end and the injuries he has sustained are proof of this."

Sounds suspiciously ironic...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 164094.stm
nibbles
AHL Prospect

Post by nibbles »

i dont understand why everyones making such a big deal out of a headbutt to the chest..

any real man can take a headbutt to the chest... but because it was in the girliest sport ever, it looked like he shot the guy with a shotgun...

the little girls legs magically came out from under him, and he rolled around on the ground like a little girl..

soccer and diving is so pathetic.. i wish he would have punched the guy in the face and stomped on his scrotum... thats what he deserved.
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

nibbles wrote:i wish he would have punched the guy in the face and stomped on his scrotum... thats what he deserved.
Nibbles, go outside and get some sun. 88 posts in one week is too much. And obviously it's had an effect on your brain, because that statement you made was just totally stupid.
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

nibbles wrote:i dont understand why everyones making such a big deal out of a headbutt to the chest..

any real man can take a headbutt to the chest... but because it was in the girliest sport ever, it looked like he shot the guy with a shotgun...

the little girls legs magically came out from under him, and he rolled around on the ground like a little girl..

soccer and diving is so pathetic.. i wish he would have punched the guy in the face and stomped on his scrotum... thats what he deserved.
How insulting to little girls.
nibbles
AHL Prospect

Post by nibbles »

lmao so true... even little girls could have handled that better..

and orts hush yourself... go play soccer, shave your legs, and cry when you spill your milk... i dont care about you
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

nibbles wrote: and orts hush yourself... go play soccer, shave your legs, and cry when you spill your milk... i dont care about you

But I care about you! After all, I'm trying to help you stop making an ass of yourself...
nibbles
AHL Prospect

Post by nibbles »

you are cool. period