Steelers or Hawks? Choose your Team

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Who will win the SUPER BOWL XL?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:20 pm

Steelers - The Chin will Win
27%
Seahawks - Where the heck is Brian Bosworth when you need him?
73%

Total votes: 22

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Steelers or Hawks? Choose your Team

Post by mattola »

Who will win the SUPER BOWL XL?

GO STEELE!!!!!

Who is having a Superbowl Party?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Seahawks, only because I think they want it more, but I am not sure about Alexander. If he isn't 100% it will be a tough game for them. I'm just glad that the Patriots aren't in the finals this year.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

My dad has a great bar setup in his basement, I plan on having all the pals all over for the big game.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

seahawks all the way.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I remeber some great time going to Seattle for games. The last 2 years I don't think I've watched a complete NFL game.

That will change soon as I will be watching the Seahawks win their first Superbowl (and bring Campionship Fever to the area).
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

GO HAWKS!
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

I gotta go with the Steelers seems like its their destiny this year. AFC is immeasurably better than NFC, and Seahawks have a long history of choking. I think Cower is 10x the coach that Holmgren is (which is a big deal in football). Should be a really boring game with Steelers winning 24 to 10 and Hassleback throwing 3 picks.
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

GO SEAHAWKS.

Hasselback who was Farve's understudy will win his coach Holmgren a super bowl in the same fashion that Farve did.

Well, that is what I am hoping anyway!

Can't say it would make me all that mad to see the Steeler's finally get their business finished in the post season.

But, my heart is with the Hawks.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

I think Cower is 10x the coach that Holmgren is (which is a big deal in football).
10 times the coach? Holmgren...two rings....Cower...0.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

is this that foot ball thing again? Is that kinda like Hockey on grass?? Not sure I understand this game you guy call football...... :roll:

Sorry boys

GO STEELE!!!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

is this that foot ball thing again? Is that kinda like Hockey on grass?? Not sure I understand this game you guy call football...... :roll:

Sorry boys

GO STEELE!!!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Madcombinepilot wrote:is this that foot ball thing again? Is that kinda like Hockey on grass?? Not sure I understand this game you guy call football...... :roll:

Sorry boys

GO STEELE!!!!
in hockey you cant run out of bounds :)

Brian. Holmgren has 2 rings? who is the other with?
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

just read this

In 18 NFL seasons (1999-2004 head coach Seattle, 1992-98 head coach Green Bay, 1986-1991 assistant coach San Francisco) Holmgren’s teams have a 196-108-1 (.644) record, posted double-digit win totals 11 times, made the postseason 14 times, won three Super Bowls (XXIII, XXIV, and XXXI), and reached another (XXXII).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/SEA

he has 3 superbowls (2 with San Fransico and 1 with Green Bay). wow I didnt know that.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

magnum44 wrote:I gotta go with the Steelers seems like its their destiny this year. AFC is immeasurably better than NFC, and Seahawks have a long history of choking. I think Cower is 10x the coach that Holmgren is (which is a big deal in football). Should be a really boring game with Steelers winning 24 to 10 and Hassleback throwing 3 picks.
It could very well be the Steelers' year. I'm not sure it's really Cowher, but the Offensive Coordinator is really looking sharp over the last two weeks in attacking teams through the air over the middle. The Steelers are actually looking similar to the 'Hawks in that they are demonstrating that they can't beat you in different ways. Roethlisberger is showing amazing poise, as is Hasselbeck. If the Steelers can win the line battle, it will probably force Seattle into making mistakes.

As for Seattle having a long history of choking - regurgitated media babble. They haven't played enough playoff games to have much history.
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

Well obviously I was exaggerating Cower > Holmgren, but I think Holmgren is over rated and I could have coached GB to a superbowl that year considering the talent on that team. The fact that Seattle hasn't played enough PO games IS evidence of them choking, since they have been preseason favourites for the last 3 or 4 years but have blown it every year and have choked in pretty much every important game they've played.