UFO’s and Dinosaurs vs the Bible

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: UFO’s and Dinosaurs vs the Bible

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:51 pm
How did Noah get all the animals of the world not indigenous to his home on the Ark and so obediently, in pairs, male and female and who did the offspring procreate with? This story is believable I gotta wear shades
Mostly impressed by penguins and kangaroos. :mex:

Eddie raises the problem that lions and tigers bring though....
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangely on topic:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:lol: Stupid fucking heathens...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Maybe the holy bejesus formed them on the boat from various odds, ends, ribs and shit
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

God planted those bones to test his believers' faith. Or so I was once told, hahaha.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:52 pm
God planted those bones to test his believers' faith. Or so I was once told, hahaha.
Yeah, that's just fucked up. :lol:

(almost as fucked up as stupid fucking heathens!)

But have you ever read the modern scientific explanations from the (young Earth) creationists?

It can get extremely heavy, a lot heavier than most people in this thread would ever go, just sayin...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote:
:lol:

mysterious ways

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 pm
5thhorseman wrote:

But have you ever read the modern scientific explanations from the (young Earth) creationists?

It can get extremely heavy, a lot heavier than most people in this thread would ever go, just sayin...
Heathen is actually a word borrowed from Old Norse. It originally means someone living on the heath, and those doing so were thought to be ill informed. Kind of like hillbillies or rednecks. Somehow the English adopted the word and started using it as a synonym for pagan.

It’s kind of the same with Hell. Hel is actually not a place but a godess. She rules the underworld, Nifelheim, where those who die in bed end up. It’s a cold, damp place, without much joy. Those who die in battle go to Vallhall, where you do battle each day and feast every night. Those who drown end up with Ran, who rules the seas. She has her own army of dead.

Anyway, people could wish someone to go to Hel long before Christianity arrived, and somehow the word stuck, but was then gradually transformed to refer to the Christian inferno, ie a very hot place. The temperature thing is actually very logical. The worst thing people up north could imagine was a cold damp place, and that was what Nifelheim was like. But the Abrahamian religion (split into Jews/Christians/Muslims) is a tribal religion from the Middle East, conjured up by goat herding desert nomads. The worst thing people could imagine down there was the relentless heat of the desert, so their version of hell was hot. Thus the confusion.

Hel is actually the daughter of Loki.

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Hell was fabricated to incentivize those afraid of death to donate generously to the church and their guaranteed postion on a comfy cloud in heaven.

Fear mongering

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Fucking heathens...

https://www.mufoncms.com/files_jeud8334 ... _alien.mp4

If you look closely, you can see... it... is carrying a green lightsabre. :look:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:20 pm
But the Abrahamian religion (split into Jews/Christians/Muslims) is a tribal religion from the Middle East, conjured up by goat herding desert nomads.
So Christianity is all about Abraham, huh, weird I thought it was about some guy named Jesus, but what do I know...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:24 pm
Hell was fabricated to incentivize those afraid of death to donate generously to the church and their guaranteed postion on a comfy cloud in heaven.

Fear mongering
How else could you control the masses without rewards for hard work and punishment for doing bad things. Now it's the media's job to keep people in line.

It amazing me how people think heaven will be some awesome place where you can play golf and listen to Hendrix while flying around with your new wings. And hell will be some horrible pit of fire for all eternity. When the time comes, I'll be at peace, while knowing it's all bullshit. #heathen
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Or...

*puff puff puff....puff puff....*

There really was a great flood but instead of a boat it was a huge space ship saving a breeding population of every species of critter known to a middle eastern nomad like Noah

Hey...if they have mastered interstellar space travel why couldnt they round up a few trillion animals in the name of conservation?

God is an alien species manipulating the levers that control us all....I'm telling ya :mex:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:20 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 pm
5thhorseman wrote:

Heathen is actually a word borrowed from Old Norse. It originally means someone living on the heath, and those doing so were thought to be ill informed. Kind of like hillbillies or rednecks. Somehow the English adopted the word and started using it as a synonym for pagan.

It’s kind of the same with Hell. Hel is actually not a place but a godess. She rules the underworld, Nifelheim, where those who die in bed end up. It’s a cold, damp place, without much joy. Those who die in battle go to Vallhall, where you do battle each day and feast every night. Those who drown end up with Ran, who rules the seas. She has her own army of dead.

Anyway, people could wish someone to go to Hel long before Christianity arrived, and somehow the word stuck, but was then gradually transformed to refer to the Christian inferno, ie a very hot place. The temperature thing is actually very logical. The worst thing people up north could imagine was a cold damp place, and that was what Nifelheim was like. But the Abrahamian religion (split into Jews/Christians/Muslims) is a tribal religion from the Middle East, conjured up by goat herding desert nomads. The worst thing people could imagine down there was the relentless heat of the desert, so their version of hell was hot. Thus the confusion.

Hel is actually the daughter of Loki.
In a word, dat dere post ^ is fucky.

The Old Testament of the Jews was written a thousand years before the fucked-up Norse conjured up "Hel". :lol:

The OT was written in Hebrew and used many Hebrew words for the afterlife/death (at least a half-doz, if not a doz).

Sorry, my memory is fuzzy, but I did have a little bible-schooling once upon a time (focused more on the NT though).

Those Hebrew words were later translated into words like "Hell" and "Hades"... but they had nothing to do hot/heat. :roll:

The New Testament of the Christians was written hundreds of years before the fucked-up Norse conjured up "Hel".

The NT was written in Greek and used three Greek words for the afterlife/death.

Those Greek words were later translated into words like "Hell" and "Hades"... but they also had nothing to do hot/heat. :roll:

(at least not as in a place humans being sent to burn for all eternity)

I've mentioned a couple of times that I'm a Christian who doesn't believe humans go to "Hell for all eternity".

I'll add now that I'm convinced the Bible backs me up on this...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:49 pm
Or...

*puff puff puff....puff puff....*

There really was a great flood but instead of a boat it was a huge space ship saving a breeding population of every species of critter known to a middle eastern nomad like Noah

Hey...if they have mastered interstellar space travel why couldnt they round up a few trillion animals in the name of conservation?

God is an alien species manipulating the levers that control us all....I'm telling ya :mex:
The Brown Wizard's god:

:mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!