Who lives in the cariboo?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Who lives in the cariboo?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I have a few questions if there is anyone...

And ya i like leach infested lakes dude. Trolling a sink tip with a black leach pattern is a fuckin wicked way to hammer fat rainbows up there.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Who lives in the cariboo?

Weighing up a job offer in bills puddle. Never spent much time there but if its a go I'll only shop there but live on acreage outside of town.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Shithole extraordinaire! Lock everything.

I spent the better part of 6 years 2005-2010 in Horsefly just east of WL. I was there more than I was at home. Not a lot of redeeming qualities to the place other than some terrific mtb trails and good fishing. Big difference if you are east or west of there. West, the natives are restless. East, do you speak German? Swiss?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Pretty much what I'm thinking. The town is the same dive as always but we would look out by spokin lake/horsefly/Likely areas for acreage.

My Mcmisery days are coming to an end soon i think. Need something back over the mountains but still havent hit the lotto yet to retire

Gonna scope it out next weekend before making any decisions.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Check what hasn't burnt in those areas.

Some church group just bought the motel in Horsefly and is building some retreat/commune in the Duggan Lake area.

Big SaveOn Roofs in WL has nearly all you need grub wise. Drove me nuts that you can't by a decent steak in the Cariboo.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bills Puddle isn’t very nice. Head an hour south and find somewhere on the 24. Plenty of lakes there and more to do.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

My brother lived there for 30+ years. He seemed to enjoy it, but then he just worked the railroad and drank. The times I visited were ok, but not a place I would live. Like anywhere, you get out of it what you put in. Spent some time in Likely, but I hear it's changed a bit since '78.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The job offer is in the puddle. Need to live withing 40 minutes or so for on call garbage.

Agree with you about the 24 though...nice lakes and wicked spots. There's also gang ranch/churn creek areas that are off the beaten path a bit.

So why are the natives so restless out there? Havent they been treatied yet?

Blob arent you moving up there soon?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 am The job offer is in the puddle. Need to live withing 40 minutes or so for on call garbage.

Agree with you about the 24 though...nice lakes and wicked spots. There's also gang ranch/churn creek areas that are off the beaten path a bit.

No I’ll never move up there. We have a place on Deka Lake which I like visiting but I couldn’t live there 12 months a year. More and more I keep thinking Peachland for where I want to eventually end up. I like Qualicum Beach and Parksville, but the ferries and cost to get back and forth is a turn off. Maybe the Naramata area?

Kamloops is ok but I would prefer to live around Blind Bay or Sorrento.

The Cariboo is too fucking cold for me in the winter UDL. I rarely go ther before May long weekend and Thanksgiving is the latest I’m there.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 am The job offer is in the puddle. Need to live withing 40 minutes or so for on call garbage.

The most militant son of a bitches in the province. Churn, Gang Ranch is an interesting area. clear cuts are us. The Saudi owners of the Gang Ranch have been pumping money back in and the place is once again looking respectable.

I did a job in the Farwell Canyon area and stumbled across a Rubber Boa. A snake I'd never heard of or knew we had in BC. Weird looking beast slithering in a draw amongst the grass, cactus and sage.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

LOL, Horsefly has their Fall Fair in mid August, snow on the ground usually by Halloween. Latest I saw the ice break off Horsefly Lake was May 10th.

Yeah, winters are too fucking long, June is buggy with black flies and mosquitoes, July-Sept can be real nice, but that is 3 of 12 months.

On a trip to Barkerville I met a group of anthropologists doing a dig on the terrace gardens behind Chinatown. They wanted to know exactly what was being grown in the +/-60 day growing season.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ya its basically tge same as alberia weather wise except they dont sock in with 40 below for 2 straight months like here.

I can handle winter. Its not all negative. Better than that coastal sky soup i grew up in down in hongcouver. How the fuck you guys dont slit your wrists with those 50+ days of straight "drizzle" escapes me
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Your looking at weeks of -20C, but for the most part around -10C to -15C. You don't have to keep the engines running.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 am Your looking at weeks of -20C, but for the most part around -10C to -15C. You don't have to keep the engines running.
Thats summer weather out here :lol:

It was already -30 last weekend
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Holy fuck Tops you're right about the thieves here.

Just caught some little cunt trying to break into my vehicle in the hotel parking lot. Ground his face on the pavement for about 10 minutes before handing him over to the queens cowboys. Should have a nice road rash scar on his face for a few years to remind him about ripping off people who work for a living.

The laughing loon seems to have a decent menu though. The seafood chowder was remarkably good being this far from the ocean