the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

Post by Strangelove »

Hey, I don't make the rules friend...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I like Ron cheeman, tommy cunthair, and dick#metoo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Spanky McMonkey
Stretch Johnson
____
Try to focus on someday.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:04 pm
nuckster wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 pm (Sigh). Crappy time of year for the hockey (Canuck) enthusiast. Pissing contests aren't particularly entertaining either. Heading back east on the 16th to visit my sister in north bay, ont. for a couple of weeks. Gawd help me when it comes to swilling the ipa and conversing with the maple leaf fanatics out there. Can just imagine how many times im going to hear about the tandem of mathews-tavares...gawd. im thinking of designing some ear muffs/plugs to put on for dramatic effect and call them the 'leaf-noise-deflectors'. In any case, lets not take this all too seriously (said the burning pot to the kettle), or the guy in the canucks t-shirt to the leaf fanatics. Cheers.
I was born there, went back a few years ago to see my uncle whose health was deteriorating.

Was your sister born there.
Nope, my family were all born in BC. Her husband's engineering firm transferred them out there. They sure have it good though - house right on the water's edge on Trout Lake. She has a restaurant in North Bay called 'Terry's Place' that is a breakfast/lunch nook. It took awhile but i was finally able to find a good IPA out there called Lazer-works (weird name, good beer). North Bay is very much a blue collar town; really enjoyed conversing with a slough of the locals (didn't see any cannabis outlets, but my nephew was connected thankfully!) 😊 Back at home now here in Penticton, we're contending with lots of smoke too - not the good kind though.
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

realdoc1 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:03 pm I am a first time poster on this site and this may well be the only time I post.
I have been a silent observer of this site for a number of years and the suggestion that other sites are worse simply makes me shudder.
If it weren't for HW, Per, Doc and a few other posters I might well have stopped coming to this site years ago.
I am of Scandanavian ancestry and my great-great-whatever grandfather's name was Per.

For backgound, I was in my personally purchased season ticket seat on opening night in October, 1970. Where were you?
I remained there for 12 years until family responsibilities and tiredness at watching the Canucks lose became prevalent.
In 1984 the Lord called me and my family (Oh yes, Jesus is very real and He is returning very soon) to Nova Scotia
where we lived for 30 years. We are now back in my beloved homeland, British Columbia. If you think Ponoka is a stretch, try Nova Scotia.
That is a real culture shock. But I did meet many wonderful people there.

Back in 1968 or 1969 (I forget the year) I was working in a bank in Cranbrook and I said to our manager (after hours in the beer parlour)
that if I had the money I would pay to have an nhl team in Vancouver. The idea was viable then, and it still is now.
Vancouver (I was born there) is an nhl city.

I have read (trying not to get an ulcer) the comments that have been posted on the site over the last few weeks.
Most of them have very little to do with reality. Let's start with GM Jim Benning. Starting with nothing, he has done a truly
amazing job of stocking the cupboards with incredible young talent. Many of the "in the know" people said he stole last years draft
with the selection of Petterson (Scandinavian), Lind, Gadjovich, DiPietro,.. I don't think he did any more poorly this year.
I was not sold on Hughes (I was thinking Dobson) but I am willing to wait and see. But Woo, he is going to be a monster!!!
He is no Kevin Bieksa; much, much better.

Then there is the whining as to where the goals are going to come from (I've heard this from a number of sources)?
Number one: Petterson. I was sitting here this evening thinking, of whom does Petterson remind me?
As I sat there, the answer came instantly to mind - Stan Mikita. He is listed as one of the nhl's 100 best ever - check it out.
And he played at a whole 169 pounds - see nhl.com. This is back in the "original six" days when there was no shortage of enforcers -
clear the track, here comes... Back in the day there was no one I less wanted to see coming off the Chicago
bench than Stan Mikita. And I think that Elias Petterson is better than he was.
Also, everyone is discounting Dahlen - you shouldn't do that. Both of these players (along with Gaudette) have something called
heart, which is what has kept Canadian(?) hockey where it has been over the years.

Over the years I have maintained a subscription to Centre Ice, both in Nova Scotia and B.C. Two of the teams that I gave a lot
of attention to were the Buffalo Sabres and Washington Capitals. Buffalo, because that came into the league at the same
time as the Canucks; and won the Perrault spin. And Washington because of Ovechkin (whom I saw in Nova Scotia in the WJC).
Over the years I saw much critism of Rick Miller, almost none of it deserved. He held the Sabres in many games where they should
have been finished by the 10 minute mark of the first period. And as for the Capitals, many times I thought, I sure wish
Jay Beagle were a Canuck. I am so glad that GMJB knows talent and ability where so many on this site don't.
So what about the length about this or any other contract, it doesn't enter into this discussion at all.
You aint paying the freight, and I am so glad you don't have a say into what has actually (or will happen) happened.
Hi Rummy :)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Paranoid canuck fan base.

Double Bubble
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.