The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:45 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:33 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:17 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:16 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm We should thank fuck we didnt "win" the Karlsson sweepstakes. Hes been a pretty big failure as a shark
It’s early days yet.
Last year was no different. Maybe Barrie can stay in toilet rather than try and come home as well
We are OK with Juolevi, Tryamkin, Woo, Rathbone, Utonen snd a slew of Utican D in the pipeline.
What the organization needs is either one of those to take another step in their development and be knocking on the door or else move an asset or 2 and acquire a dman with top end potential. I can see a move that includes Gaudette being one that would make sense
The D in Utica are looking very good, I expect a few promotions. I think the Canucks are kicking tires on moving Stecher, there are rumblings. I think the Canucks want to resign pending UFA Tanev. Move Benn back to the right side and bring up Juolevi.

I wonder if dangling Stecher is enough to get rid of Eriksson or half his contract? Winnipeg is desperate for right side D-men
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:52 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:17 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:16 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm We should thank fuck we didnt "win" the Karlsson sweepstakes. Hes been a pretty big failure as a shark
It’s early days yet.
Last year was no different. Maybe Barrie can stay in toilet rather than try and come home as well
I like Barrie as a player but I think that would be a poor signing. He’s an all offence d man and good at it but he’s not very good at actually defending. I think having to spilt PP duties with Hughes would be a poor use of funds.

They’ve got to get Demko into 30 games this year. Markstrom will want a raise into the 5 - 6 million range with term. I’m not sure I want to commit that money to Marky long term. I like him but I like the kid too. Just need to see a lot more. He will be cheap labour. Sign a vet roll with him and spend the money on Tanev’s replacement.
Keep Tanev, he looks great with Hughes
Move Stecher for picks or prospect
We got good D in the wings, replacing Stech with an entry level from within is no problem
Will have to move one of the Goalies soon (Expansion draft)
I say we end up moving Marky for a 1st round pick. Now I’d not the time.
It explains why Benning is drafting and signing goalies everywhere
We might have to dangle Gaudette to get rid of Eriksso, but hoping Sutter can stay healthy, have a good year and move him instead
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Markstrom isn’t getting a 1st.

Stecher, sure move him but not yet. Not one of the kids is ready yet. Give it a month or two.

I love Tanev more than most but he’s always hurt. You can’t count on him.

Gaudette won’t be near enough to move Eriksson. Better off to develop the kid instead of the nonsense of parking him for seven straight games.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:18 am Markstrom isn’t getting a 1st.
Book written

Benning is going to do splendidly when it comes to the eventual trading of one of our two goalies.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:33 am
Book written

Benning is going to do splendidly when it comes to the eventual trading of one of our two goalies.
Name a recent older goalie that’s not a top 10 guy thats returned a 1st.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:41 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:33 am
Book written

Name a recent older goalie that’s not a top 10 guy thats returned a 1st.
Let’s keep an open mind, Dark Cloud. He will return a very good asset, if it’s him who is traded and not Demko. Just maybe the reason Benning is drafting/signing so many young goalies it’s Demko who he wants to trade. Markstrom has a ton of hockey left in him. Goalies tend to have longer careers at the top of their game well into their 30’s. Markstrom doesn’t turn 30 until next year in January. You talk like he’s Ryan Miller old
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I keep Demko long enough to leverage Markstroms next contract then move him. He most likely nets a 1st just like Schneider did. Despite last nights collapse we've seen Jakob finally arrive.

Ideally i look for an east conference team thick with d prospects but lacking a goalie...islanders? Would you go Demko for Dobby?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:14 pm I keep Demko long enough to leverage Markstroms next contract then move him. He most likely nets a 1st just like Schneider did. Despite last nights collapse we've seen Jakob finally arrive.

Ideally i look for an east conference team thick with d prospects but lacking a goalie...islanders? Would you go Demko for Dobby?
Schneider was A LOT younger than Markstrom would be when he netted that first.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:14 pm I keep Demko long enough to leverage Markstroms next contract then move him. He most likely nets a 1st just like Schneider did. Despite last nights collapse we've seen Jakob finally arrive.

Move Demko

Markstrom at 29 has lots of hockey left in him

I think Benning shouldn’t wait til just before the Expansion Draft to make that trade. That might be tougher to do then than say at the 2020 draft table where we recoup that 1st if we make the playoffs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:20 pm

I think he’s talking about Demko.

I wouldn’t be so quick saying Markstrom can’t net you a first if he keeps up with how good he is playing
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:25 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:20 pm

I think he’s talking about Demko.

I wouldn’t be so quick saying Markstrom can’t net you a first if he keeps up with how good he is playing
I was meaning trading Demko Gravy.

I like Noah Dobson coming back but i see the Isles have Sorokin in their system so thats likely a no go. It doesnt have to be that one guy specifically just that moving him for an emerging 2 way talent with size on D really would be the best possible scenario and as the dude says the sooner might end up being better.

Plenty of teams tinker at the quarter pole...
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A playoff “Haves” team would pay dearly for the Demko asset. This is what happens when you draft good goalies - Nonis Schneider, Benning Demko unlike some GMs who only drafts one crappy goalie in 6 drafts.

Genius
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I don't want to see a Marky injury or nothin but I really want to see what Demko can do in a situation where he knows the net is his to lose.
Of course that cant' really happen.. Wouldn't mind a 36/46., and some spots where "Thatch" gets a run of 3 or 4 ...
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:32 pm I was meaning trading Demko Gravy.
Nope, you win a Cup with quality goaltending, look at the leaves, flames, oilers with their shitty goaltending, it's a lot harder than you think to have and maintain a solid goalie duo.

Pens, Caps, Kings, Hawks even the Blues all drafted and developed their quality goalies to win their Championships.

So Demko will be a Canuck a long time bruh.

I'd see if Marky would be down for a 1 year extension to just have a quality 1a/1b duo another year if he wants the big bucks/long term then I'd trade his rights for a 4th or 5th in late June, or maybe trade him at the TDD IF Demko is keeps playing solid, but as the Pens proved having two solid goalies in net in the playoffs is primo, MAF was lights out then got injured, then Murray took over and was legit they won a Cup.

All I know is captain obvious, if you don't have above average goaltending you will never win a Championship.

Best case scenario is Marky re-signs one more year, so we have a Marky/Demko duo, then DiPietro gets to develop two solid years minimum in the AHL, then Silovs takes his place in 2022.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How much laundry soap does Mrs Chef need to clean his filthy ginch at weeks end? A drum of soap and a chipping gun to wash that butt gravy away? Swamp ass 24-7-365 from all the booze and McDonald’s he consumes. It’s called Swass Chef. It isn’t cologne and it doesn’t smell right to most normal people.