bitcoin

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

bitcoin

Post by griz »

Anyone into bitcoins?

It's not too late.

The price is rocketing up.

Even a single bitcoin (currently about $5K Canadian) could become serious value in a few years. And you can buy partial bitcoins if you can't afford an entire one.

Just wanted to let my fellow Canuck fans know.

Questions? I'll try to answer if I can.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: bitcoin

Post by griz »

Bitcoin is rising again and should be $6K (CDN) in a few days. Some say it's going up to $10K (CDN) in the next month or two. It was $3K (CDN) at the start of summer. I sat on the fence about it for years, but no more. Jumping in at last. Going to the moon.

But I realize it's very difficult to get people into Bitcoin.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

It is still legally reportable income to CRA.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Topper wrote:It is still legally reportable income to CRA.
Yes. I believe that when you convert it back into fiat you pay your share of income tax.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Bitcoin is approaching $14K CAD per coin today.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

man those who invested even a few years ago are pretty lucky...two co-workers about 7 years ago got into it but kept it to themselves, they cashed in a couple years ago & bought a house in Bowen Island.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:man those who invested even a few years ago are pretty lucky...two co-workers about 7 years ago got into it but kept it to themselves, they cashed in a couple years ago & bought a house in Bowen Island.
....and I've worked with folks who made millions on BreEx......know when to run.

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

It's not too late to get into bitcoin for those of you who are sitting on the fence. Apparently there are meteoric rises still to come. You can buy and hold your BTC (bitcoin), and/or purchase a mining contract and effectively get more btc for your hard earned money long term.
If you don't learn how to make money while you sleep then you will work until you die.
You don't have to understand how it works : Just get some! Most people won't and would rather play the lottery. :crazy:

If you're a smart person you're probably over-thinking it. Thankfully I'm not too bright and jumped onboard this summer.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reads like a pump and dump

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Topper wrote:Reads like a pump and dump
Not everything is a fraud.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

One bitcoin now $18,000 CAD.
Topper wrote:Reads like a pump and dump
I'm thinking more like hold and score.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Holy fuck, is this thread still alive? It's on griz-life-support if anything!
griz wrote:Thankfully I'm not too bright and jumped onboard this summer.
Thanks for the recommendation! I owe you one! Now, please tell me if NFLX is going any higher.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

nah 5th, this bitcoin shit is going up and up, but it has to reach it's max soon amiright?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

SKYO wrote:nah 5th, this bitcoin shit is going up and up, but it has to reach it's max soon amiright?
What you should be asking is whether you understand it. And if you don't, then you're gambling rather than investing. How much money can you afford to gamble?
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

5thhorseman wrote:Holy fuck, is this thread still alive? It's on griz-life-support if anything!
Lol
5thhorseman wrote:Thanks for the recommendation! I owe you one! Now, please tell me if NFLX is going any higher.
Honestly, just starting to learn trading bitcoin. Never did stocks. Dabbled in forex years ago.

Did you get some bitcoin?
5thhorseman wrote:
SKYO wrote:nah 5th, this bitcoin shit is going up and up, but it has to reach it's max soon amiright?
What you should be asking is whether you understand it. And if you don't, then you're gambling rather than investing. How much money can you afford to gamble?
Traditional wisdom. And it still applies but good luck "understanding" cryptocurrency deeply. Very volatile too. Much like gambling as you say. Never invest more than you can afford to loose, never put all your eggs into one basket, do your own research.

Bitcoin was $1K about a year ago and it just passed $20K. Some say we can expect this to continue for a couple of years. John Mcaffee claims it'll reach huge levels by 2020. Same kind of revolutionary opportunity that comes along once in a while like the dot com boom.