The Brexit disaster

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
CC Legend

The Brexit disaster

Post by Per » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Another good article from The Economist:
The government has not published any estimates of the impact of the various types of Brexit since the referendum, but academic studies suggest that even the “softest” option—Norwegian-style membership of the European Economic Area—would cut trade by at least 20% over ten years, whereas the “hardest” exit, reverting to trade on the World Trade Organisation’s terms, would reduce trade by 40% and cut annual income per person by 2.6%. As the economy weakens, these concerns will weigh more heavily. Britain’s economy is growing more slowly than that of any other member of the EU.
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/2 ... rsc=dg%7Ce
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Re: The Brexit disaster

Post by rockalt » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Lol not gonna get my traction on this subject in Western Canada based fan forum! :lol:

Meanwhile in the U.K. we have been inundated with Brexit news which has been nauseating to say the least! I was out of the country for a few months which was a welcome break from the brexit firestorm. As much as I think the whole situation is an absolute shambles, not much has changed with respect to opinions from the leave/remain camps. I think it will take some years post brexit before people stop using the EU as a scapegoat.