The War on Canada

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The War on Canada

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Canada talking tough with the Saudis.

I guess we can always hide behind Trump and the US military if things get real.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm Canada talking tough with the Saudis.

LOL - do you go "Worst Case Scenario" with every thought? :D

(Besides, it would be NATO - nobody relies on the US for anything these days)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:45 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm Canada talking tough with the Saudis.

LOL - do you go "Worst Case Scenario" with every thought? :D

(Besides, it would be NATO - nobody relies on the US for anything these days)
look at our military with their canoes, bi planes and muskets.

Look at our pm Maggie Jr.

Maybe we should send Gregor Robertson over there to sort things out.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

What are the Saudis gonna do if Trudeau sends in the Pride floats, huh?

Them Arabs will be running, screaming into the desert looking for oasis!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:41 pm What are the Saudis gonna do if Trudeau sends in the Pride floats, huh?

Them Arabs will be running, screaming into the desert looking for oasis!
:lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hey sailor, seen any able seamen
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I just took a knee.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Think again. Trump loves dictators and the oil industry.
Liberals? Canadians? Women's rights? Not so much.

He'll definitely side with the Saudis.

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Yeah I guess it sucks to stand up for women’s rights and other minorities.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

OMG, Trump's got his hands on a palantir!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:08 am Yeah I guess it sucks to stand up for women’s rights and other minorities.
Women are actually the majority.

Roughly 51% of children are boys, but mortality rates for boys/men are higher at every age, and women tend to live several years longer than men on average, thus there are more women then men.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:28 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:08 am Yeah I guess it sucks to stand up for women’s rights and other minorities.
Women are actually the majority.

Roughly 51% of children are boys, but mortality rates for boys/men are higher at every age, and women tend to live several years longer than men on average, thus there are more women then men.
Actually, I stand corrected. Both China and India have been practicing gender selective abortions, which means they keep the child if it's a boy but abort if it's a girl. I think it is banned now, but it's probably still happening at private clinics. Anyway, these two countries now have close to 52% men, and they make up nearly half the global population, close to 3 billion people. Thus the global percentage has shifted, so that globally women only make up 49.6% of the population. This is basically an Asian problem though. Women are still the majority in the Americas, in Africa, in Oceania and in Europe.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-popu ... er-age.php

The Saudis must be doing something similar, because they have a whopping 57.5% men.
Either that, or all Saudi women who can leave the country at the first chance they get....
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

No.

My self defence instructor was a RSM with the Canadian Airborne and a career soldier. He was in the Balkans and at the battle of the Medak Gap where the Canadians routed the Croatian Army which was ethnic cleansing Serbian farmers. A French General with the UN lauded the Canadian soldiers for their actions, something that the Chretien Liberals covered up because Lewis McKenzie was allowing ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Sarajevo while protecting Christian Serbs. Our government may short change our military with equipment but our boys in uniform take a back seat to no one when it comes to firefights and combat. Never have.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 pm

No.

My self defence instructor was a RSM with the Canadian Airborne and a career soldier. He was in the Balkans and at the battle of the Medak Gap where the Canadians routed the Croatian Army which was ethnic cleansing Serbian farmers. A French General with the UN lauded the Canadian soldiers for their actions, something that the Chretien Liberals covered up because Lewis McKenzie was allowing ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Sarajevo while protecting Christian Serbs. Our government may short change our military with equipment but our boys in uniform take a back seat to no one when it comes to firefights and combat. Never have.
+1, always bullshit when non military people put down the military. No I’m not military but I respect their job and don’t put them down. Also I’m a son of a military person who put 26 years into it and was paid peanuts.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 pm

No.

I was in Kanadahar in 2008. Pulling a nighttime shift in the guard tower at an outpost on the bank of the Arghandab river. On the opposite side, a column of American marines were pushing through towards Helmand. Like clockwork, every 15-20 minutes you'd hear the pop of an IED strike. No fucks given, they push right through. When we faced something similar along Route Fosters, after a couple KIA and lost vehicles, we basically shut down the road, making re-supply and reinforcement at these outposts incredibly difficult.

No doubt we have the better trained and more professional military. But the Saudis have something like 1,000 tanks (we have what, 80?), they have 300+ fighter jets (we have what, 80?). It's a numbers game at that point.

Either way, nothing worth actually fighting the Saudis over. I say cancel the LAV contract, keep the boys in London at work by buying them for the CAF. That investment in the military (marching us closer to the 2% demanded by NATO) would go a long way with the troops, and the Donald.