Just Not ready

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Re: Just Not ready

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Mëds wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:00 pm
Certainly, however those other ways don't seem to even register on the average politician's radar.....and Jagmeet, JT, and their ilk, are well below average imeho. Cause and effect.

Human nature is, well to quote Ole Bert, it is what it is. Right now we are seeing the inevitable fallout that occurs when people get tired of seeing an elite group make the rules at the expense of the masses.....particularly when the laws of the country are written to benefit the masses and create a society of equal opportunity. You have hardworking Canadians barely making ends meet, seeing inflation of costs but not income, while politicians who do very little other than "convene" vote themselves annual raises, guaranteed comfortable annual pensions for life (after a single term in office), while completely ignoring (or in some cases worsening) the plight of the average citizen.
I get your frustration Mëds - but honestly, looking at the big picture... I'm sure even Winston Churchill or Nelson Mandela would have been booed and told to fuck off by those people if they had to lead our country through the last few years.

Hard times require hard choices, and just letting the "masses" be happy about ignoring COVID and going about their business would have led to an even more unimaginable state of affairs I'd think.

Not saying the boy-prince and his liberal nepotistic cronies were right with their handling of everything. But I'm not sure O'Tool, or Signh or whomever else was available would have done any better.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:09 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:00 pm
Certainly, however those other ways don't seem to even register on the average politician's radar.....and Jagmeet, JT, and their ilk, are well below average imeho. Cause and effect.

Human nature is, well to quote Ole Bert, it is what it is. Right now we are seeing the inevitable fallout that occurs when people get tired of seeing an elite group make the rules at the expense of the masses.....particularly when the laws of the country are written to benefit the masses and create a society of equal opportunity. You have hardworking Canadians barely making ends meet, seeing inflation of costs but not income, while politicians who do very little other than "convene" vote themselves annual raises, guaranteed comfortable annual pensions for life (after a single term in office), while completely ignoring (or in some cases worsening) the plight of the average citizen.
I get your frustration Mëds - but honestly, looking at the big picture... I'm sure even Winston Churchill or Nelson Mandela would have been booed and told to fuck off by those people if they had to lead our country through the last few years.

Hard times require hard choices, and just letting the "masses" be happy about ignoring COVID and going about their business would have led to an even more unimaginable state of affairs I'd think.

Not saying the boy-prince and his liberal nepotistic cronies were right with their handling of everything. But I'm not sure O'Tool, or Signh or whomever else was available would have done any better.
I'm fairly confident that Singh and/or O'Toole would have been almost as bad, certainly the former would have.

I think you are missing the point of some of these demonstrations though. This is not because of how they handled the pandemic, it is because of what they have done during the pandemic and the endemic phase and the things they are trying to do now. It's the outright lies, the two-tiered justice system that we're seeing, the use of emergency measures that was not warranted, all of it. It's bigger than just the pandemic.

The current federal government (Lib-DP'ers) are proposing things that will result in a massive expansion of government authority and spending. They are proposing things that can be twisted to their own uses to trample anything that doesn't fit their narrative of the day. Trudeau has operated with impunity since he was elected, and any time he is called up on the carpet he axes a crony and twists in the wind but comes out unscathed claiming that he represents Canadians and is fighting for Canadians.....he's fighting for a smaller percentage of Canadians than the current opposition is.

This isn't about the pandemic anymore, the pandemic was just gas on a smoldering fire that many wanted to ignore.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 pm claiming that he represents Canadians and is fighting for Canadians.....he's fighting for a smaller percentage of Canadians than the current opposition is.
Not to poke the bear... but he was democratically elected, and coupled with the confidence and supply agreement with the NDP, they do represent the majority of Canadians (50.4% of popular vote combined). Just sayin' :oops:
Mëds wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 pm This isn't about the pandemic anymore, the pandemic was just gas on a smoldering fire that many wanted to ignore.
You're very right here. Problems with division and hate were just getting worse.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:34 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 pm claiming that he represents Canadians and is fighting for Canadians.....he's fighting for a smaller percentage of Canadians than the current opposition is.
Not to poke the bear... but he was democratically elected, and coupled with the confidence and supply agreement with the NDP, they do represent the majority of Canadians (50.4% of popular vote combined). Just sayin' :oops:
There are NDP voters who are not happy with their own party because of this "coalition".

There are NDP voters who are feeling equally ignored by their MP's.

Same is no doubt true of Liberal voters, and Conservative voters too.

Anyone calling Jagmeet a liar could likely be someone who voted for him (or one of his henchmen) and feels like his campaign promises are going unfulfilled. I mean, why would a Tory voter be pissed off that Jagmeet lied to him.....at this point in our society you should pretty much expect politicians from opposing parties to be lying to you lol.

Also, my original bit about fighting for Canadians.....it's JT who says that about his own party.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:15 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:34 pm
There are NDP voters who are not happy with their own party because of this "coalition".

There are NDP voters who are feeling equally ignored by their MP's.

Same is no doubt true of Liberal voters, and Conservative voters too.

Anyone calling Jagmeet a liar could likely be someone who voted for him (or one of his henchmen) and feels like his campaign promises are going unfulfilled. I mean, why would a Tory voter be pissed off that Jagmeet lied to him.....at this point in our society you should pretty much expect politicians from opposing parties to be lying to you lol.

Also, my original bit about fighting for Canadians.....it's JT who says that about his own party.
My friend. If you think any of those people cursing and blathering on at Singh voted NDP... you need to give your head a shake.

They were just angry. Are just angry. And lashing out. Like children.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Nice conversation boyz.

Here's levers take:

Those lads may not, or may have, voted NDP.

Some of those lads may not even know who the fuck Jagmeet really is.

:sly:

All politicians are lying, corrupt, power hungry, thieving, take advantage of the masses cocksucking cunts.

Fuck 'em all.

:thumbs:
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I'm sure Jagmeet would have much rather suffered a frozen bank account than been sworn at and given the finger.

The finger, my God, the finger!!

____
Try to focus on someday.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:22 pm All politicians are lying, corrupt, power hungry, thieving, take advantage of the masses cocksucking cunts.

Fuck 'em all.

:thumbs:
On this I think we can all agree. From Swede-hating giants, to God-Fearing Doktors.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Jaguarmeat, like all politicians, is a servant of the people and the people are free to express their displeasure with their servants. The people are not his adoring serfs.

Interesting things coming out of Committee looking into the declaration of the Emergencies Act.

RCMP and CSIS did not request it.

No charges were ever laid under the Emergencies Act, all charges were municipal bylaw, traffic code, or criminal code violations that did not require the Emergencies Act.

RCMP found the seizure of bank accounts so useful, (it gagged the supply chain to the protesters and when some realized their costs would not be reimbursed, they left), the RCMP and National Police Chiefs are looking for legislation to allow it more often. That is fucking frightening.

If you have watched any of it, RCMP Commissioner Luki is dangling and doing her damnedest to not throw her political masters under the bus but it is becoming more and more evident with her testimony and that of her CSIS counterpart, this was a political decision that did not meet the definition of the ACT.

Now we learn that the Armed Forces had a direct order that all Canadian Military vehicles and personnel should avoid the protests but military intelligence felt they could break that order with spy plane training flights over the Ottawa protest in aircraft owned by foreign contractors. This is the same arm of the military who used the early days of Covid to test their propaganda techniques on the Canadian public.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:32 am fucking frightening
Indeed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Jason Kenny just stepped down as leader of the UPC in Alberta. :thumbs: :thumbs:

He got just over 51% of the vote for a leadership review. He did the right thing - 51% isn't enough. Now it's going to be interesting to see who becomes the next leader of the UPC.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BCExpat wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:33 pm Jason Kenny just stepped down as leader of the UPC in Alberta. :thumbs: :thumbs:

He got just over 51% of the vote for a leadership review. He did the right thing - 51% isn't enough. Now it's going to be interesting to see who becomes the next leader of the UPC.
Pineapple faced Brian Jean. He reminds me of William H Macy in Fargo
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:22 pm He reminds me of William H Macy in Fargo
You may be onto something here!

And where he lives is a lot like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3McfrgMN8EM

____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

BCExpat wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:33 pm Jason Kenny just stepped down as leader of the UPC in Alberta. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Google is not my friend here. It claims UPC is a type of bar code or possibly a polytech in Catalunya.

But there is a political party in Alberta called the UCP.
Is UPC the French language version of that? :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

It actually is UCP as you state Per.

United Conservative Party.

Perhaps some call them the United Progressive Conservatives hence Expats use of UPC?

Or perhaps a simple typographical error.
Last edited by donlever on Thu May 19, 2022 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeLevering since 1999.