Just Not ready

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Just Not ready

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:08 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:23 am How do British Columbians feel about a basic house costing over a million dollars in cow poop Chilliwack...? Or the brokenagan?

Its not sustainable. How do you all think your children will enter the housing markets? Hint...they wont be unless you sell

There will be a reckoning folks...I'd diversify out of real estate if I was some of y'all
There won’t be any reckoning. You break the market, 50 % of the people have to walk away. There will be a flattening but they can’t jack up the rates.

You remind me of those miserable old pricks that used to say the CPP won’t exist in the future. How’s that gone for those old dinks?
Plus there is the annual population increase for the province, see below. As fast as the houses are built they are bought.

2016 4,859,250
2017 4,929,384
2018 5,010,476
2019 5,094,796
2020 5,158,728
2021 5,214,805
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:09 am
BCExpat wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:14 pm I grew up in Creston, and spent many summers of my youth on Kootenay Lake. I love the area. A friend of mine is in the process of building a log cabin out there. I haven't been there in many years, but I remember the area as fairly remote. I'm sure it has built up a lot since then.
Actually it hasn't built up much at all. Population is roughly the same as it was when my family moved there in 1993. There are some newer homes being built, but nothing remotely like the neighborhoods and subdivisions that have sprung up in the Invermere area. This leaves the valley still being a sleepy little jewel in the East Kootenays.

Creston is slowly being discovered, however due to it's lack of several amenities, most notably an airport, it gets passed over by many because it is almost 2 hours further away from Calgary than Invermere and Fernie are. When we sold and bought in 2019 we considered moving back there, but for those reasons we didn't.
I originally left Creston in 1971 after graduation from high school. I moved back in about 1984 to 1989, due to the recession in Alberta. I built a house in Arrow Creek. I built my own kitchen cabinets and I was looking for cabinet door knobs at the local builder's supply. They didn't have enough of any type of door knob for me to be able to finish my cabinets. I ended up going to Cranbrook to get what I needed. This is just an example and by no means an isolated incident. It was like this for a lot of things. I liked it there, but it was just too isolated. I ended up moving back to Alberta as it started to boom again.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:34 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:09 am
BCExpat wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:14 pm I grew up in Creston, and spent many summers of my youth on Kootenay Lake. I love the area. A friend of mine is in the process of building a log cabin out there. I haven't been there in many years, but I remember the area as fairly remote. I'm sure it has built up a lot since then.
Actually it hasn't built up much at all. Population is roughly the same as it was when my family moved there in 1993. There are some newer homes being built, but nothing remotely like the neighborhoods and subdivisions that have sprung up in the Invermere area. This leaves the valley still being a sleepy little jewel in the East Kootenays.

Creston is slowly being discovered, however due to it's lack of several amenities, most notably an airport, it gets passed over by many because it is almost 2 hours further away from Calgary than Invermere and Fernie are. When we sold and bought in 2019 we considered moving back there, but for those reasons we didn't.
I originally left Creston in 1971 after graduation from high school. I moved back in about 1984 to 1989, due to the recession in Alberta. I built a house in Arrow Creek. I built my own kitchen cabinets and I was looking for cabinet door knobs at the local builder's supply. They didn't have enough of any type of door knob for me to be able to finish my cabinets. I ended up going to Cranbrook to get what I needed. This is just an example and by no means an isolated incident. It was like this for a lot of things. I liked it there, but it was just too isolated. I ended up moving back to Alberta as it started to boom again.
Very little has changed BCE. :P
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 am This is beautiful.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJaUneX ... losetruth1

So is this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EljhWR ... iansOnline

And this (though a month ago now).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODKsHDK ... l=LOUDLABS
I can't believe this hasn't been reported on any of the main stream Canadian news outlets. I find that to be outrageous. They must all be in Trudeau's pocket. Our news media isn't much better than what is left in Russia :scowl: :scowl:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:24 pm I can't believe this hasn't been reported on any of the main stream Canadian news outlets. I find that to be outrageous. They must all be in Trudeau's pocket. Our news media isn't much better than what is left in Russia :scowl: :scowl:
At least this left wing commie rag wrote about it.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A dozen years ago the gimp banned me for arguing with him over the the Harper government decision to buy the f35.

In 2015, Trudeau killed the purchase and viewed never too buy the f35.

Today, Trudeau signed up to buy 88 f35's
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Why would any nation waste trillions in taxpayers money to buy that junk? You keep talking about sovereignty and then you buckle every time US Daddy tells you to do something. Hey guys, big sale, buy our open box and factory refurbished weaponry. We won't be undersold! <- (of course we won't, if you tried to buy from another country, we'll sanction your ass)

China is laughing her ass off selling salvage ships and equipment to the US so they can pull them up from the depths of the world's oceans. They're worried about China stealing tech from the f35 that sank in her front yard? China is like, "Nah, we're good. Do you guys need help?"
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:33 pm A dozen years ago the gimp banned me for
It's only been 12 years since that site died?

You got banned?

Where the fuck was I?
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:56 pm

You got banned?

Where the fuck was I?
11 years ago.

Everyone got banned.

You were in therapy after the Cup was stolen from us.
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Aha...the lost years.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

You got banned?

Where the fuck was I?
I was banned a couple of months after Doc and Spidey got banned. A few months later, the gimp had his meltdown, banned nearly everyone and was frantically deleting all record of the banned posters before finally killing the site.

It was hilarious to watch on a chemo patient/asbestos abatement way.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:40 pm It was hilarious to watch on a chemo patient/asbestos abatement way.
:lol:

Now that my friends is a prime example of lofl funny.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:40 pm

You got banned?

Where the fuck was I?
I was banned a couple of months after Doc and Spidey got banned. A few months later, the gimp had his meltdown, banned nearly everyone and was frantically deleting all record of the banned posters before finally killing the site.

He banned Creeper just for coming over to the Corner to say hi to yours truly.
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Well, to be fair, certain things do fire you up.

:wink:
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:58 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:40 pm

You got banned?

Where the fuck was I?

He banned Creeper just for coming over to the Corner to say hi to yours truly.
That’s when he started banning everyone. He knew some of us posted at both boards. But that thread had some nuggets in it that worked their way into his craw. What pissed me off is that he deleted all the old posts. Fine give people the hook if you want- but it seemed petty to take a blowtorch to the archives.

Nothing there on the way back machine?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”