Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol the NDP just flipped the bird to the voters in the Fraser Valley. How they can justify the Broadway Subway project and have nothing connecting Surrey and Langley is beyond me. They could use some rapid transit in the fastest growing area in the GVRD. Or maybe spend some fucking money on the #1 for fuck sakes. I sat in that parking lot for well over an hour trying to get from Bridal Falls to Mission on Sunday night. There were no accidents. That’s just regular volume. Four highways going into two lanes isn’t fucking smart. That highway is an abortion and these assholes are patting themselves on the back because EVENTUALLY it will have three lanes on each side to Aldergrove. Big fucking deal, they need four lanes each way all the way to fucking Hope.

IDIOTS!!

And they look poised to get back in again in the spring. Unbelievable.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:09 pm Lol the NDP just flipped the bird to the voters in the Fraser Valley. How they can justify the Broadway Subway project and have nothing connecting Surrey and Langley is beyond me. They could use some rapid transit in the fastest growing area in the GVRD. Or maybe spend some fucking money on the #1 for fuck sakes. I sat in that parking lot for well over an hour trying to get from Bridal Falls to Mission on Sunday night. There were no accidents. That’s just regular volume. Four highways going into two lanes isn’t fucking smart. That highway is an abortion and these assholes are patting themselves on the back because EVENTUALLY it will have three lanes on each side to Aldergrove. Big fucking deal, they need four lanes each way all the way to fucking Hope.

IDIOTS!!

And they look poised to get back in again in the spring. Unbelievable.
Amen, the Fraser Valley has been forgotten while the NDP/Greens only care about specific areas. I get the need for more transit in Vancouver but then the areas that receive the best service should also pay for it. I live in the Fraser Valley and the 10 buses we have is damn ridiculous compared to other cities and access to Skytrain and other forms of public transit. Yet as we belong to GVRD gas has the transit tax.

One thing the government needs to do is start moving some of the specialty needs to not only be available in Vancouver but the valley as well. It is slowly happening but that can be fast tracked and will do more for the environment that just building more Skytrain.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Horgan the arrogant prick is set to call an election for the fall. It would be nice if the voters got their heads out of their asses and drummed these clowns out of office. There’s absolutely no need to call an election at this time. Make this asshole pay.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 am Horgan the arrogant prick is set to call an election for the fall. It would be nice if the voters got their heads out of their asses and drummed these clowns out of office. There’s absolutely no need to call an election at this time. Make this asshole pay.
But they are high in ratings right now and might win...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:14 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 am Horgan the arrogant prick is set to call an election for the fall. It would be nice if the voters got their heads out of their asses and drummed these clowns out of office. There’s absolutely no need to call an election at this time. Make this asshole pay.
I know why they are doing it. I don’t happen to agree we need an election a year early.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 am
I know why they are doing it. I don’t happen to agree we need an election a year early.
I know you know.... but maybe this grab for power he might just lose... :thumbs:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

We can hope Ratski. It would be funny if this all blew up in his face. I’m not confident in Andrew Wilkinson regardless of how smart he is.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Nathan Cullen over the genocide survivor
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Ugh.

I thought we were finally rid of Nathan Do-Nothing Cullen up here.
CBC wrote: "In the aftermath of the 2019 federal NDP nomination in Skeena, Annita McPhee made it clear to many members that she never again wanted to be associated with the NDP. As such she was not approached for our search," Megan Olson, president of the Stikine B.C. NDP Riding Association, said in a statement.

McPhee rejected the NDP's statement that she never wanted to be associated with the party.

"I don't remember saying something like that," she said. "If I did say something like that, it would have been in confidence."
LMAO! So you might have said something like that, and if you did you didn't want anyone to know you said it, but now that it's out you didn't say it.

Oh the childish irony.

Politicians. Adults who just never wanted to fully adult.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup, NDP getting a lot of praise for how they have handled the pandemic versus other provinces & vs the states.

NDP want majority and Horgan will likely get it.

If this proves to be true, look for Trudeau and the Liberals to maybe do the same.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:47 pm
Yup, NDP getting a lot of praise for how they have handled the pandemic versus other provinces & vs the states.

NDP want majority and Horgan will likely get it.

If this proves to be true, look for Trudeau and the Liberals to maybe do the same.
And honestly I can't say that the NDP have done an outright horrible job at the provincial level.....not that I pay very close attention to provincial politics.

Our province has indeed done a decent job dealing with the pandemic. I can't fully endorse any government that ignores the research and studies published in the last 10 and 20 years and simply blindly follows the global herd in regards to locking down.

The fact that they want the Greens out is a good thing.

At the Federal level it's been a fiasco. You can't trust a thing that comes out of Trudeau's mouth, he's a globalist. All he cares about is his own seat at the table.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What the NDP have done is step aside and let the medical experts look after things and for the most part not yielded to public, non scientific, populist pressures. Dix role in the daily briefings is nothing short of remarkable for his non-partisan behaviour.

The Wednesday Horgan shows have been all about political posturing and are laughable staged events more akin to Trudeau's morning tent talks.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

So we don’t have a PC party this election?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:24 am So we don’t have a PC party this election?
NO and NO... :(..Listed as currently vacant.
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Micky wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 am
rats19 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:24 am So we don’t have a PC party this election?
NO and NO... :(..Listed as currently vacant.
So what does a PC’er do? Not vote?