Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Only 99 days

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

For Christy to get out there and spread the good word. Now is not the time to give the NDP any power. Look at the mess they have made in Alberta. Remember the 90s and do the right thing.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Only 99 days

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:For Christy to get out there and spread the good word. Now is not the time to give the NDP any power. Look at the mess they have made in Alberta. Remember the 90s and do the right thing.
Anytime is the right time for the NDP

You're crap is so tired and the end of that roads leads to the Donald...fuck that shit
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:For Christy to get out there and spread the good word. Now is not the time to give the NDP any power. Look at the mess they have made in Alberta. Remember the 90s and do the right thing.

You're crap is so tired and the end of that roads leads to the Donald...fuck that shit
Lefty....

I can't even imagine having ideals like that..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah rats imagine wanting to keep more of your pay cheque. Imagine not pandering to welfare scrubs and all the big unions and special needs outfits. I think enough people remember the 90s when BC was the only province/state in the toilet in North America.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah rats imagine wanting to keep more of your pay cheque. Imagine not pandering to welfare scrubs and all the big unions and special needs outfits. I think enough people remember the 90s when BC was the only province/state in the toilet in North America.
They eventually run out of other people's money... ride the backs of business they do
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Is Canadian (or BC) political discussion going the away of the American discourse?

Is it polarizing into left/right teams that more extreme each year? Or is there still a common ground and a starting point for most conversations?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

It's just starting to show up corn... I thinks it's changed somewhat with social media but I think core beliefs are the same as in the past..... for now anyways
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

When I moved to Vegas 20 years ago, it took me less than a week to realize that political discussion was MUCH different south of the border. It's gotten to the point now where it's not even worth bringing up.

I think that most people are centrist on most issues, and then have some issues that may be closer to them for personal or religious reasons - but you would never know it by the extreme views on social media, and now in every day conversation.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

One could certainly lose friends if they voiced too much opinion....

I try very hard in this new age to keep my stuff... mine.

The reply above is probably my strongest... but anytime is NDP time??? Fml
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nothing changes. It's weird in that a parties name doesn't always represent what it was meant to,
but at the end of the day, it's business vs unions, all day long. Over and over and over.
If there's more to it, no one hears much about it.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The NDP constitution mandates that the Unions, through the BCFed have seats on its Board. They have also mandated that their representatives in each riding alternate if held by an able body white male, the next candidate must represent some sort of minority. After that, it is open to all again.

It has lead to the bizarre. An otherwise able body white male candidate claims he has a hearing impairment in order to stand as a candidate. Another was forced out of the closet when he had to admit to being bisexual to appease his female contender. This was a surprise to candidate's wife and kids.

The comic relief complaining party that feels government needs to do all for all vs the pragmatic free enterprise party.

Urban centres, government towns and union towns (Vancouver, Victoria, Vancouver Island, isolated pockets of the Kootenays and a strip along BC's coast) vote NDP. The rest of the Interior votes Liberal.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I dunno blob - Christy is like Hillary, you want Hillary Clinton in charge again?

time for some kick his ass seabass John Horgan NDP.
;)

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So you obviously don't remember the 90's ?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:So you obviously don't remember the 90's ?
Try the 70s. Big surplus to irreversible deficit in 6 months.
I was just a kid and even I got it.

Yee-hah: We got our guy in!
Now we can have anything we want :D
What do you mean, we can't and the money is gone? :mad:
Well screw you, we will ALL strike! :evil:
And they did. :shock:
Another election, so soon?
Yup. ;)
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Lefty....

I can't even imagine having ideals like that..
since 1903 every BC government except two for a grand total of 8 years have been conservative or of the political right.

It seems a really simple conclusion to reach that whatever is fucked up is the fault of those that have held the reigns of power the longest.

In other words
that lower mainland real estate is beyond the reach of even the middle class.
that almost all real living wage jobs have long been outsourced or bought out and cut up and sold south.
that in a resource rich province, the service sector (minimum wage) is the main employer.
that taxes have done nothing but increase and increase for the lower and middle class.
the divide between the rich and the poor has grown to an unprecedented width

is all on the political right.

it also seems that those precious few things that we as a society hold dear like
universal health care
5 day work week
collective bargaining
and labour codes

all exist because of unions and people who understand that there is no such thing as free enterprise and free markets when all the money is held in few hands.

sorry Rats but if you cant imagine these ideals then there might be something wrong with your imagination.