Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Only 99 days

Post by 2Fingers »

I see different taxes coming for sure.

Income tax going up to pay for the loss of toll income, not a bad thing.

Income tax going up to pay for better health care vs. raises for union staff, not a bad thing.

Income tax going up to pay for child care is ridiculous. For lower income sure, some support is a good thing.

I see over priced wages which will be paid by us all.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

We should have some predictions on how many days till the next election. Maybe the title of this thread had a deeper meaning than we thought. Will Christy delay calling for a throne speech till fall, or until she can bribe a Green to become a turncoat? Can she hold off long enough, until some NDPer falls from the roof while cleaning the gutters and has to go to the hospital, so she doesn't lose a confidence vote? If the NDP takes power and has to name a speaker from their ranks, the regular votes are tied 43-43, with the speaker having to break the tie (which is the only time he or she votes), so if one person gets sick and a confidence vote is called for, boom, have to call an election. One bad case of diarrhea could topple the government. So, let's hear your predictions. How many days from the night of the last election until the day the Lt. Governor calls for the next one? Karma would say the thread title of 99 days. I think it'll take a bit longer. I'll predict 199 days.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Why the fuck am I paying for the repeal of bridge tolls

Horgan said the rest of British Columbians would be happy to pay for the lower mainland not having tolls. HORSESHIT!

Why the fuck should my taxes go up to pay higher wages for already overpaid, over benefited government employees? There is a reason unions in the private sector have gone the way of the dodo. The public sector needs to follow suit.

The disappearance of private sector unions and with it, their contributions to the NDP is the only reason the NDP wants to do away with business and union political contributions. The BC Fed still hold huge sway in the NDP executive.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Well fuck. Just awesome that the party that received the least amount of seats now runs our government.

:evil:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:Well fuck. Just awesome that the party that received the least amount of seats now runs our government.

and they just voted against everything they campaigned for. LOL (its better than crying)

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:Well fuck. Just awesome that the party that received the least amount of seats now runs our government.

and they just voted against everything they campaigned for. LOL (its better than crying)
It's a bad joke though.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Somewhere in the south okanangan Glen Clark is sitting on his sundeck sipping his drink and smiling
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Makes me fucking thrilled to be paying my property taxes today.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:

When I see John Horgan smiling like a butchers dog I want to drive my size 11 right through his teeth.Nobody voted for this coalition.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol raising taxes. With the Libs in control we have some of the lowest income taxes in the country. The NDP will fuck that all up. I guess if you make 30k a year it's great

Even if that were true and not so completely out of context, it says a lot about your character that you care more that you might pay a few more bucks in taxes than a gutted healthcare and and education system.

Too bad you might have to cut back on the micro brew.
Here's the rub.....

Despite the fact that everyone, even the most diehard of leftwing fanatics, wants a good healthcare system, and better education system, NONE of them are willing to pay for it.

The right wing wants to keep what they work to earn.

The left wing wants to have what the right wing has worked to earn.....but they don't want to work for it.

The left doesn't want to reward work, and prefers to neuter the motivation that individual gains and achievement offer. Participation ribbons for all!!!!!

One side exploits for gain and to increase riches.

The other seeks to exploit for distribution.....regardless of effort put in.

Oh yeah, that distributing side, they make it harder for the actual earners to keep earning at the same level, and therefore drain the coffers from both ends.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:I see different taxes coming for sure.

Income tax going up to pay for the loss of toll income, not a bad thing.

Income tax going up to pay for better health care vs. raises for union staff, not a bad thing.

Income tax going up to pay for child care is ridiculous. For lower income sure, some support is a good thing.

I see over priced wages which will be paid by us all.
The left wing Canadian dream in action! Building an economy of income tax and the housing market!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Its worse, build an economy based upon income tax of civil servants.

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol raising taxes. With the Libs in control we have some of the lowest income taxes in the country. The NDP will fuck that all up. I guess if you make 30k a year it's great

Even if that were true and not so completely out of context, it says a lot about your character that you care more that you might pay a few more bucks in taxes than a gutted healthcare and and education system.

Too bad you might have to cut back on the micro brew.
Spoken like a person who does not live in BC.

Come by and take a look at all of the brand new schools and hospitals built under the Liberals' watch while they were supposedly "gutting" those systems.

The NDP will simply pay more and get pretty much the same result from our public services. Nurses and teachers will get 4% annual wage increases instead of 2%, but that certainly does not mean better outcomes for students and patients.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The line up for handouts has started.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4195577

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Christy may be done as party leader. So who replaces her ?

Stockwell Day ? Maybe Colin Hansen ? Dianne Watts ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”