Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:04 pm Lol uk Canuck’s govt is bringing back photo radar.

Fuck me.
lol I got a kick out of the old-school Astro parked on the side of the highway back in the day. Super stealth.

Quebec has it. Crossing the river to Gatineau (booze run) they have signs to advertise approaching radar locations, and list them online. Seems counterintuitive.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cash grab any fucking way they can.

Nor the new employet payroll tax to replace BcMed premiums comes into effect a year before BCmed premiums are fine away with. The a-holes are collecting double.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

NDP meeting with BCTF, look for higher taxes.

2% or more each year.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They don't have a clue what they are doing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4594414
The contract, part of the NDP's Child Care Operating Funding Program, promises to provide licensed providers a subsidy aimed at reducing the fees charged to parents by as much a $350 per month per child, if signed by March 27.

But according to Andrea Worms of the B.C. Child Care Owners Association, the subsidy listed in the contract is different from what was originally promised by the Ministry of Children and Family Development and from information in a document provided by the ministry last Friday.

"They can't even explain it. Every phone call to the ministry's office comes back with a different answer," said Worms, who operates two child-care facilities in Kelowna.

"Lawyers have said you can't sign a contract that says you're going to get $300 [from a subsidy] while committing to giving a $350 discount. That means you're losing money."

Another problem with the contract is that it stipulates daycare operators freeze their fees for three years, except under "extenuating circumstances." However the term "extenuating circumstances" is not defined.

Worms says agreeing to a fee freeze opens operators up to serious financial risks.

"For instance, I had plans to increase fees a little to accommodate the new MSP payroll tax that's coming in next January, which will affect my business to the tune of about $17,000 a year. That's huge. We operate on really slim margins," she said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4593681
The B.C. government has made a number of changes to its proposed speculation tax which will reduce both the number of British Columbians paying the tax and the amount they'll pay.

The tax, first announced during February's budget, was to be assessed at 0.5 per cent of a vacant property's assessed value this year and two per cent in 2019.

On Tuesday, B.C. Finance Minister Carole James announced the tax would remain at 0.5 per cent for properties owned by B.C. residents but would now only rise to one per cent for out-of-province Canadian residents and still remain at two per cent for foreign investors.

The NDP government also said the tax would no longer apply to properties in the Gulf Islands, Parksville, Qualicum Beach or rural Fraser Valley.

The tax will still apply in the following areas:

Metro Vancouver, Chilliwack, Abbotsford and Mission (excluding Bowen Island).
The Capital Regional District (excluding the Gulf Islands).
The municipalities of Nanaimo, Lantzville, Kelowna and West Kelowna.

The government said a tax credit would make homes worth less than $400,000 exempt for British Columbians only, along with those rented for more than six months of the year.
James said the government is still forecasting $200 million in revenue from the tax, because the original numbers from the finance department were conservative.
What she is saying is that the original numbers were wrong and the tax grab was far higher but she was too chicken to say how high it actually would have been.
Official Opposition and B.C. Liberal Party Leader Andrew Wilkinson criticized both the changes to the tax, and the estimates about the revenue it would generate.

"We're very concerned the NDP are making up taxes by trial and error… there's no clear pictures of where the money's going to come from," he said, adding that he believed the government should have increased the capital gains tax if they wanted to deter speculation.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Anyone else noting the areas being pulled from the speculation property tax are NDP ridings, while Liberal Kelowna/West Kelowna remain taxed.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:23 am Anyone else noting the areas being pulled from the speculation property tax are NDP ridings, while Liberal Kelowna/West Kelowna remain taxed.
Yup

Anyone with places up there let me know, I've already figured out loopholes. :drink:

EDIT: And not to mention places like Vernon, Lake Country, and Penticton are exempt when they are facing the same rental/housing issues faced in Kelowna/West Kelowna. :roll:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The biggest joke is Whistler isn't included.

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Frack it is damn scary what they are doing.

The yale town idots do not understand all the big words being used so they vote with their little brain.

Somehow I wish there was a confidence vote and a few NDP/Green get a bad case of something and the NDP is voted out.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:41 am The biggest joke is Whistler isn't included.
Wonder how many secondary homes politicians and supporters have up there?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Horgan has taken a stand alone, privately funded, national mega project and turned it into a tax payer funded project.

Well done comrade.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

$4.5 billion. Thank you John Horgan may you end up in a cell with Nicholas Madura.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The majority of British Columbians support the pipeline, but don't let that influence you Johnny. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Horgan is playing both sides on this, he made a campaign promise to oppose the pipeline but the way he's spending and taxing he needs revenue growth badly so there's no doubt in my mind he wants that pipeline built.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:29 pm Horgan is playing both sides on this, he made a campaign promise to oppose the pipeline but the way he's spending and taxing he needs revenue growth badly so there's no doubt in my mind he wants that pipeline built.
Dream Weaver keeps him propped up though and and the greeny weiner want PR voting.

Todays announcement is wildly confusing... but it is still 50% + 1 vote of returned ballots.