Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Only 99 days

Post by 2Fingers »

With a NDP candidate leaving to run as a mayor there is a slight hope that the Liberals will win that seat, (heard it is a NDP riding so possibility is slim). If they do that and kiss and make up with the idiot that left the Liberals that would mean the Liberals hold power and can call an election.

maybe we should all pray (except Per of course).
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What a fucking idiot.

The sooner this coalition is tossed out the better. Nobody voted for that crap
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What a fucking idiot.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm What a fucking idiot.

Triple post.... but truer words were never said so I left it
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Railroading the province downhill

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BC Ferries, under an NDP government, is looking to buy 5 new boats.

What could go wrong?

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:21 am BC Ferries, under an NDP government, is looking to buy 5 new boats.

What could go wrong?

:lol:

How do you dig up that song "Glen Clarks Boat"? Was he the last NDP premier in BC? Was it the 20 years that washed away enough bad memories to elect the NDP again...or all the "new" british columbians...

Still cant believe they got in
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Seriously - politicians are the bane on society.

Yes they need to promote local business, yes they need to support green initiatives, but these all have to be balanced in approach. Wacky Weaver is all about the environment and saving it for our grandchildren. I would like to ask Wacky about the deficit and how much deeper we dig and what it means to our grandchildren.

The % that goes toward interest payment only is staggering, ok maybe it is not as bad as compared to other provinces and countries but the NDP scares the hell out of me, I see debt increasing and this is again the legacy that they will leave. Come in and blow up the economy to buy the low income earner votes. Promising $10 day care, no bridge tolls, no to oil but yes to higher carbon tax, yes to ferries that will cost 50% higher here than getting it made somewhere else.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 am Seriously - politicians are the bane on society.

Yes they need to promote local business, yes they need to support green initiatives
No they do not, nor should they.

Their role is long term planning with guidelines to reduce taxes and to utalize collected taxes in the most efficient way.

Propping up a failed business model is the last thing they should do.

....and if you are talking shipbuilding and the competition from Poland...I laugh because the Polish shipyards were the birthplace of the solidarity movement that led to the collapse of the Soviet Union. No wonder our unions and the NDP hate them.

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

All these Liberal fails coming into fruition, so many errors it's like they are the Marc Bergevin of the political game.
VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) – The hits keep coming for the former BC Liberal government in the wake of last month’s scathing report on money laundering.

The latest report by Auditor General Carol Bellringer shows several Crown-owned properties were sold off for only two-thirds what they were worth to help balance the budget between 2013 and 2015.

https://www.news1130.com/2018/07/10/new ... ate-cheap/

Along with the ICBC fails, the Liberals kept screwing everyone over to hide the fact they were losing money hand over fist.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 pm All these Liberal fails coming into fruition, so many errors it's like they are the Marc Bergevin of the political game.
VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) – The hits keep coming for the former BC Liberal government in the wake of last month’s scathing report on money laundering.

The latest report by Auditor General Carol Bellringer shows several Crown-owned properties were sold off for only two-thirds what they were worth to help balance the budget between 2013 and 2015.

https://www.news1130.com/2018/07/10/new ... ate-cheap/

Along with the ICBC fails, the Liberals kept screwing everyone over to hide the fact they were losing money hand over fist.
I guess you are prepared to die on the hill with Horgan and Carol “Patty White” James with this brilliant speculation tax.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I read some Kamloops news recently that doesn't get play on the coast. The NDP has halted the Hwy 1 construction work around Chase. The project is already a few years along but Horgan has decided not a dime to a Liberal riding and has diverted the funds elsewhere. I guess it will be left incomplete.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

First Past the Post or Proportional Representation

I believe in being an informed voter and making an informed choice so I have looked at both side of the debate, but the most telling info comes the official Elections BC publication explaining the systems.

Here is where my mind was made up.

"If a proportional representation voting system is adopted, the government has said that after the referendum:
* a legislative committee will determine how some aspects of the new system will work

* an independent electoral boundary commission will determine the number and boundaries of electoral districts and regions represented in the legislature.

* the total number of Members of the Legislative Assembly in the legislature will be between 87 and 95 (currently there are 87)
"

In other words, if you vote for proportional representation, you have no idea what you are voting for. The system will be altered as none of the three choices have been finalized. The size, shape and makeup of ridings will change. The number of representatives will change.

You have no idea what you are voting for if you vote for Proportional Representation.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 pm First Past the Post or Proportional Representation

I believe in being an informed voter and making an informed choice so I have looked at both side of the debate, but the most telling info comes the official Elections BC publication explaining the systems.

Here is where my mind was made up.

"If a proportional representation voting system is adopted, the government has said that after the referendum:
* a legislative committee will determine how some aspects of the new system will work

* an independent electoral boundary commission will determine the number and boundaries of electoral districts and regions represented in the legislature.

* the total number of Members of the Legislative Assembly in the legislature will be between 87 and 95 (currently there are 87)
"

In other words, if you vote for proportional representation, you have no idea what you are voting for. The system will be altered as none of the three choices have been finalized. The size, shape and makeup of ridings will change. The number of representatives will change.

You have no idea what you are voting for if you vote for Proportional Representation.
Not taking sides; there are pros and cons with both systems, but it is only logical that ridings must change if you switch to a proportional system. In a first past the post system, each riding elects one representative. In a proportional system each riding elects several representatives. Thus the ridings in the proportional system must be much larger, unless you want to increase the number of representatives.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.