Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3978
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:28 pm

With a NDP candidate leaving to run as a mayor there is a slight hope that the Liberals will win that seat, (heard it is a NDP riding so possibility is slim). If they do that and kiss and make up with the idiot that left the Liberals that would mean the Liberals hold power and can call an election.

maybe we should all pray (except Per of course).

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Topper » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Image
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11462
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm

What a fucking idiot.

The sooner this coalition is tossed out the better. Nobody voted for that crap
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11462
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm

What a fucking idiot.

The sooner this coalition is tossed out the better. Nobody voted for that crap
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8433
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Only 99 days

Post by rats19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm
What a fucking idiot.

The sooner this coalition is tossed out the better. Nobody voted for that crap
Triple post.... but truer words were never said so I left it
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Topper » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Railroading the province downhill
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Topper » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:21 am

BC Ferries, under an NDP government, is looking to buy 5 new boats.

What could go wrong?

Image
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 5192
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:14 am

Topper wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:21 am
BC Ferries, under an NDP government, is looking to buy 5 new boats.

What could go wrong?

Image
:lol:

How do you dig up that song "Glen Clarks Boat"? Was he the last NDP premier in BC? Was it the 20 years that washed away enough bad memories to elect the NDP again...or all the "new" british columbians...

Still cant believe they got in
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3978
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 am

Seriously - politicians are the bane on society.

Yes they need to promote local business, yes they need to support green initiatives, but these all have to be balanced in approach. Wacky Weaver is all about the environment and saving it for our grandchildren. I would like to ask Wacky about the deficit and how much deeper we dig and what it means to our grandchildren.

The % that goes toward interest payment only is staggering, ok maybe it is not as bad as compared to other provinces and countries but the NDP scares the hell out of me, I see debt increasing and this is again the legacy that they will leave. Come in and blow up the economy to buy the low income earner votes. Promising $10 day care, no bridge tolls, no to oil but yes to higher carbon tax, yes to ferries that will cost 50% higher here than getting it made somewhere else.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Topper » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 am
Seriously - politicians are the bane on society.

Yes they need to promote local business, yes they need to support green initiatives
No they do not, nor should they.

Their role is long term planning with guidelines to reduce taxes and to utalize collected taxes in the most efficient way.

Propping up a failed business model is the last thing they should do.


....and if you are talking shipbuilding and the competition from Poland...I laugh because the Polish shipyards were the birthplace of the solidarity movement that led to the collapse of the Soviet Union. No wonder our unions and the NDP hate them.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Only 99 days

Post by SKYO » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 pm

All these Liberal fails coming into fruition, so many errors it's like they are the Marc Bergevin of the political game.
VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) – The hits keep coming for the former BC Liberal government in the wake of last month’s scathing report on money laundering.

The latest report by Auditor General Carol Bellringer shows several Crown-owned properties were sold off for only two-thirds what they were worth to help balance the budget between 2013 and 2015.

https://www.news1130.com/2018/07/10/new ... ate-cheap/


Along with the ICBC fails, the Liberals kept screwing everyone over to hide the fact they were losing money hand over fist.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11462
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 pm

SKYO wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:11 pm
All these Liberal fails coming into fruition, so many errors it's like they are the Marc Bergevin of the political game.
VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) – The hits keep coming for the former BC Liberal government in the wake of last month’s scathing report on money laundering.

The latest report by Auditor General Carol Bellringer shows several Crown-owned properties were sold off for only two-thirds what they were worth to help balance the budget between 2013 and 2015.

https://www.news1130.com/2018/07/10/new ... ate-cheap/


Along with the ICBC fails, the Liberals kept screwing everyone over to hide the fact they were losing money hand over fist.
I guess you are prepared to die on the hill with Horgan and Carol “Patty White” James with this brilliant speculation tax.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Topper » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:00 pm

I read some Kamloops news recently that doesn't get play on the coast. The NDP has halted the Hwy 1 construction work around Chase. The project is already a few years along but Horgan has decided not a dime to a Liberal riding and has diverted the funds elsewhere. I guess it will be left incomplete.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9903
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Topper » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 pm

First Past the Post or Proportional Representation

I believe in being an informed voter and making an informed choice so I have looked at both side of the debate, but the most telling info comes the official Elections BC publication explaining the systems.

Here is where my mind was made up.

"If a proportional representation voting system is adopted, the government has said that after the referendum:
* a legislative committee will determine how some aspects of the new system will work

* an independent electoral boundary commission will determine the number and boundaries of electoral districts and regions represented in the legislature.

* the total number of Members of the Legislative Assembly in the legislature will be between 87 and 95 (currently there are 87)
"

In other words, if you vote for proportional representation, you have no idea what you are voting for. The system will be altered as none of the three choices have been finalized. The size, shape and makeup of ridings will change. The number of representatives will change.

You have no idea what you are voting for if you vote for Proportional Representation.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 3673
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Per » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Topper wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 pm
First Past the Post or Proportional Representation

I believe in being an informed voter and making an informed choice so I have looked at both side of the debate, but the most telling info comes the official Elections BC publication explaining the systems.

Here is where my mind was made up.

"If a proportional representation voting system is adopted, the government has said that after the referendum:
* a legislative committee will determine how some aspects of the new system will work

* an independent electoral boundary commission will determine the number and boundaries of electoral districts and regions represented in the legislature.

* the total number of Members of the Legislative Assembly in the legislature will be between 87 and 95 (currently there are 87)
"

In other words, if you vote for proportional representation, you have no idea what you are voting for. The system will be altered as none of the three choices have been finalized. The size, shape and makeup of ridings will change. The number of representatives will change.

You have no idea what you are voting for if you vote for Proportional Representation.
Not taking sides; there are pros and cons with both systems, but it is only logical that ridings must change if you switch to a proportional system. In a first past the post system, each riding elects one representative. In a proportional system each riding elects several representatives. Thus the ridings in the proportional system must be much larger, unless you want to increase the number of representatives.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Post Reply