Israeli–Palestinian conflict

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Israeli–Palestinian conflict

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ukcanuck wrote:
Muslims are not inherently evil not is their religion any more or less intolerant than Jews or Christians
64% of Egyptians support the death penalty for leaving Islam. Let that sink in for a second. 1/4 British Muslims wouldn't report a suicide bomber if they had prior knowledge.

Christians might have some funny (re: retarded) thoughts about the world, but they've moved away from burning people at the stake for disagreements.

Islam is a hateful religion where "moderates" enable the extremists. The problem with Islam is that a good majority are cowards. The "moderates" refuse to take a stand and say "Hey Habeeb, hacking some aid workers head off is not something a real muslim would do." Those that do speak out, are in the minority and subject to death threats. A good portion of Muslims fully support putting people to death for drawing a fucking cartoon. It is a religion full of radicals. Their prophet was a child molester and there are significant numbers that refuse to allow any substantial forms of human decency (rights for women, the disabled, gays, minorities) into their ridiculous giggle fit.

All things are not created equal.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

Carlyee wrote:Jerusalem is mentioned in the bible, and no where in the Quran. The Israelis are fighting for their home. The Palestines are fighting because that's what they do. I buy Sabra Hummus, own a Tar-21 and support Israel 100%. Does Israel seem to ignore the conventions of modern warfare? I think so, but they also understand their enemy's chicken shit tactics better than any of us can ever hope to.

Before you freak out, I am agnostic and do not subscribe to any religious notions. All I know is that this particular conflict predates WWI and to try and paint the Israelites as a bunch of claim jumpers from Europe is absurd.
There are two major groups of Jews in Israel. One is the Sephardic and they look like they belong in the Middle-East. Dark of skin and eyes, the physical relation between them and the Arab is clear. Just for the record there are really black Jews coming out of Ethiopia and they are generally discriminated against.

The other group of Jews is the Ashkenazi (sp) and they often are fair and can have red hair. Most of them come from the ghettos of Northern Europe and Russia. Fair skin and light colouring is often seen in this group. Aside from a slight Semitic cast to some, they are the furthest thing from belonging to that part of the world as this white Canadian. Just because they say Israel is theirs does not make it true. Not without the heavy support of America including armaments.

Israel is America's way of stirring the Muslim pot so they can continue to bank big bucks in guns and oil. To see this conflict as about religion is naive. It is about money. Keep those Muslim buggers on the farm and that takes care of that particular problem. How long did a real Muslim last in Egypt? Who do you think al-sisis works for?

We watch the BAD Muslims cut off aid worker heads and the GOOD Israelis represent the forces of Democracy. Blah? Bullshit. Imagine who we would be cheering for if the Muslims owned all the media instead of Americans? Have you looked at the infant mortality and poverty in the camps? Why did Israel pick this time to open more settlements in the West Bank? America goes tut tut tut all the way to the bank.

I recognize the right of anyone to live in Israel including the Palestinians. They used to own it. What do you think happened? What about the Irgut and the King David Hotel (Balfour Agreement down the shitter)? Who were the terrorists? No one wanted all those traumatized refugees from the camps of German Europe so we turned them loose on the Holy Land. It is another Crusade with the Jews as the Crusaders and just like the Knights on horseback, they took everything that is not nailed down under the name of God.

I worked two years in Oman and Yemen and I do not recognize the picture of Arabs painted by the Western Media. It is another shuck brought to you by the same people who are legislating the current wealth disparity.

While we all freak out over the cutting off of four heads by some maniac and as previously recognized, the Jews go on killing while the so-called terrorists send rockets in the air much the same as a hail Mary pass. They do this out of the camps and draw scorn for putting civilians at risk. There are no large parks in Hamas-held ground. It is all Urban.

Netanyahu points out how Hamas must be cowardly, hiding behind civilians all the time, but today's tech allows instant tracing of where those rockets come from and I cannot but wonder how much guts it must take to fire them not knowing if it will do anything but get you killed real quick.

They all deserve a home and not a ghetto or camp, but no one, as usual is willing to share.

The city of Jerusalem is also mentioned in the New Testament. Does being a Christian give anyone the right to move there?
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

SKYO wrote:I wish my forefathers did the same with the pilgrims.
Yes!!!!!
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

rats19 wrote:
SKYO wrote:LoL I'm not trying to hate, rats, just defending. :D
Don't let it get to ya skyo.....there was nothing anyone could have done....mars is next, just ain't no stopping us....lol
No one is really sure, but is is guessed that anywhere between 10-25 million First Nations lived here in the Americas before the viral white man came. There are now about 3.5 million with most being breeds of some kind. That is a minimum of 6.5 million gone or oddly enough, the same as the amount of Jews wiped out by Hitler.

Love ya Rats but to blow it off with a superficial comment about Mars does not work for the Holocaust of Europe nor should it here. You are right when you say there is noting anyone could have done but that does not mean I like it.

You can detect human action by the heat we give off as we create energy. So it is true for the virus. Long live us viral monsters.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

Topper wrote:Genocide of the conquered people is the only solution. The final Solution in fact.

Whether it be Jews/Muslims, Shia/Sunni, Catholic/Protestant, Brit/Scots/Irish, Cowboys/Wagon Burners, whatever, whoever. Conflicts of today should have been and could have been settled centuries ago through extermination.
It is hard not to notice how easy it would be to substitute First Nations for Black and move the whole racist attack to the States. I am going to print this out so anyone can understand.

" If you poison the womb of the mothers you get poisoned children who do the same, except for the outliers. A child with Alcohol Related Neuro Disorder is not on a level playing field."

Being born white does not make life easy but it sure does not hurt.

I do agree with Topper if I extrapolate to his final logic. Get rid of people.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

This was fun
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Muslims are not inherently evil not is their religion any more or less intolerant than Jews or Christians
64% of Egyptians support the death penalty for leaving Islam. Let that sink in for a second. 1/4 British Muslims wouldn't report a suicide bomber if they had prior knowledge.

Christians might have some funny (re: retarded) thoughts about the world, but they've moved away from burning people at the stake for disagreements.

Islam is a hateful religion where "moderates" enable the extremists. The problem with Islam is that a good majority are cowards. The "moderates" refuse to take a stand and say "Hey Habeeb, hacking some aid workers head off is not something a real muslim would do." Those that do speak out, are in the minority and subject to death threats. A good portion of Muslims fully support putting people to death for drawing a fucking cartoon. It is a religion full of radicals. Their prophet was a child molester and there are significant numbers that refuse to allow any substantial forms of human decency (rights for women, the disabled, gays, minorities) into their ridiculous giggle fit.

All things are not created equal.
You want to use statistics that are unsubstantiated and most likely taken out of context to bomb Isis to justify how our beliefs are better than theirs?
I could use the same tactics to paint Christians as evil people if I cared to. If you asked most Christians, I'd say a higher percentage than 64% would say they believed the bible to be from God, then all I'd have to do is point to the passage where it says homosexuality is a sin and the passage where sinners should be put to death and extrapolate that 64 percent of Christians think gays should be shot.

All your accusations could be said of our society just over a hundred years ago and still in some places (Westboro baptist) the difference is that we have had enough wealth to look after all segments of society and we have been allowed to grow out of medieval thoughts and fears.

Those places where islam is the norm? Not so much, they haven't had either peace or prosperity until 1972. Come to the UAE where Muslims have created a tolerant society. It's not perfect by any stretch but all religions are free, there are churches and temples and mosques.
Women have all the same privelidges as men and a few more in fact. Homosexuality is tolerated here in an don't ask don't tell way. There are no taxes here but everyone donates to charities as a matter of obligation and minorities are recognized in that way.

Rights are a different matter here because it's not a democracy like ours. There isn't a charter of rights and freedoms but then again, how old is the charter, 1982 ? Not that long ago we had no enshrined rights either.

In the 60's skyo was not allowed in bars and it was a crime to sell alcohol to natives.
Until the 1920s there was a fine for men going topless on public beaches.

We Christians have done a lot of shitty things to those people who are not one of us and we really have no right to point to those same people we have murdered and raped and subjugated for centuries and tell them they are intolerant.

It's an insane argument.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

damonberryman wrote:
Topper wrote:Genocide of the conquered people is the only solution. The final Solution in fact.

Whether it be Jews/Muslims, Shia/Sunni, Catholic/Protestant, Brit/Scots/Irish, Cowboys/Wagon Burners, whatever, whoever. Conflicts of today should have been and could have been settled centuries ago through extermination.
It is hard not to notice how easy it would be to substitute First Nations for Black and move the whole racist attack to the States. I am going to print this out so anyone can understand.

" If you poison the womb of the mothers you get poisoned children who do the same, except for the outliers. A child with Alcohol Related Neuro Disorder is not on a level playing field."

Being born white does not make life easy but it sure does not hurt.

I do agree with Topper if I extrapolate to his final logic. Get rid of people.
Get rid of everyone who isn't like me
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

damonberryman wrote:There are two major groups of Jews in Israel....................
So it is a banking conspiracy. i knew it all along.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

ukcanuck wrote: All your accusations could be said of our society just over a hundred years ago and still in some places (Westboro baptist) the difference is that we have had enough wealth to look after all segments of society and we have been allowed to grow out of medieval thoughts and fears.
How many people are in the Westboro Baptist churt? 40 or so. How many peoples heads have they cut off? Yeah, that really matches up well with the billion muslims, probably 100,000+ (conservative) of whom are completely deranged, and the much larger segment of Islamic society that refuses to deal with the exceptionally crazy within their midst.
Women have all the same privelidges as men and a few more in fact. Homosexuality is tolerated here in an don't ask don't tell way. There are no taxes here but everyone donates to charities as a matter of obligation and minorities are recognized in that way.
Since when? Places like Turkey had to become militantly secular to produce any modicum of "modernity". Muslim nations have some of the worst female education rates in the world. In Saudi Arabia women can't drive. "Homosexuality is tolerated in a don't ask, don't tell way"? And that's supposed to be a brownie point? The fact is that in places like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Nigeria and Sudan you can be put in jail (or executed) for being gay.

I would be fine with letting these backwaters fester in their own ignorance. Unfortunately they seem determined to export these crazy ideas that people who don't share their views should get their heads hacked off on YouTube.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

If women were equal, Ray Rice would be playing football.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: All your accusations could be said of our society just over a hundred years ago and still in some places (Westboro baptist) the difference is that we have had enough wealth to look after all segments of society and we have been allowed to grow out of medieval thoughts and fears.
How many people are in the Westboro Baptist churt? 40 or so. How many peoples heads have they cut off? Yeah, that really matches up well with the billion muslims, probably 100,000+ (conservative) of whom are completely deranged, and the much larger segment of Islamic society that refuses to deal with the exceptionally crazy within their midst.
Since when? Places like Turkey had to become militantly secular to produce any modicum of "modernity". Muslim nations have some of the worst female education rates in the world. In Saudi Arabia women can't drive. "Homosexuality is tolerated in a don't ask, don't tell way"? And that's supposed to be a brownie point? The fact is that in places like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Nigeria and Sudan you can be put in jail (or executed) for being gay.

I would be fine with letting these backwaters fester in their own ignorance. Unfortunately they seem determined to export these crazy ideas that people who don't share their views should get their heads hacked off on YouTube.
Have you spent anytime with Muslims, have you been to a Muslim country, do you know any Muslims, have you read the Koran? Any books on islam?

You flat out sound like your pulling this right out of your ass.

I work in a muslim owned and operated British curriculum private school populated almost entirely by muslim school children (nearly 6000 students all studying to pass British high school standards. 3000 of which are female. All of these kids are heading for university.

So don't tell me that Muslims don't educate their female children because you are completely wrong.

The places where you are talking about, Nigeria, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are social wastelands due to war and western interference over oil and natural resources

Religion is a back issue with enough misinformation designed to get you to still vote for your MP who just sent more military intervention.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:If women were equal, Ray Rice would be playing football.
Some are more equal than others
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Britain isn't a Muslim country, yet.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Britain isn't a Muslim country, yet.
Dude I'm in the UAE.

On the border to Saudi Arabia.

It's a British curriculum school meaning it meets British education standards.
Graduates receive a international GCSE.
( Equivalent to a BC Dogwood diploma)