Kneecaps

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Kneecaps

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: ramifications for Christy
8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote: And there will be further appeals no matter the decision from the Court of Appeal.
Yes but being found guilty this October in the BC Supreme Court of breaking the law and causing this mess

... will have ramifications for Christy & Co.

I believe the only recourse would be a singular appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada.

And the Libs know they will lose that one as well

... making a total of FOUR times the Libs have been found guilty of breaking the law.

This time on a national stage.

Then what happens to Christy's career? :drink:

Then what happens to the Libs next election? :(

Nah, there is a reason the Libs are desperately trying to negotiate class composition RIGHT NOW.

And a reason why the teachers have not been willing to negotiate class composition AT ALL.

Both sides know who is going to win in court eventually.

That's a given.

The government is Goliath in this battle, but for some reason they keep giving stones to David.

Like Goliath, Christy has a weak spot: Making things personal + her tendency to resort to heavy-handedness.

The Libs should have dumped her a long time ago.

Skyo posted this link in another thread today:

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/opinio ... s-educator
Topper wrote: Also much of the reason they will not legislate the teachers back to work.
If they can't get the teachers to let them off the courtroom hook (by cutting a deal on composition)

... they'll probably impose a contract in early October (and pay for that decision in court eventually as well).

Kinda like a soon-to-be-convicted fraud artist thinking "Well, if I'm going away for fraud, what's one more..."
Topper wrote: $3000 dollars annually for massages was a BCTF demand in the Spring, they were embarrassed enough by it that they reduced it. But how did it make it in the demands in the first place?
Well that's not completely accurate, but THE POINT IS Christy had her facts completely wrong...

as of TWO DAYS AGO (there was the "extra day off per year" thing as well).

So... is she stupid, incompetent, or a bald faced liar?

No matter, the teachers are more determined than ever now.

You know me Tops, I lean to the right, but I've pretty much had it with this beaatch!

If the teachers are patient... and don't get starved out... they will take down this Goliath eventually.

Her press conference the other day only served to make them more resolved to do just that.

Another stone for David....
I fear the Libs will get the boot in 2017 because of this mess. Too many people don't remember the reign of error under Harcourt, G Clark, Sihota and Dosanjh. Ten years under those retards again will be too much to handle this time. A four year clusterfuck will be enough to hold the Liberals feet to the fire but not enough time for the NFG to drive the province into the toilet again.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote: And there will be further appeals no matter the decision from the Court of Appeal.
Yes but being found guilty this October in the BC Supreme Court of breaking the law and causing this mess

... will have ramifications for Christy & Co.

I believe the only recourse would be a singular appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada.

And the Libs know they will lose that one as well

... making a total of FOUR times the Libs have been found guilty of breaking the law.

This time on a national stage.

Then what happens to Christy's career? :drink:

Then what happens to the Libs next election? :(

Nah, there is a reason the Libs are desperately trying to negotiate class composition RIGHT NOW.

And a reason why the teachers have not been willing to negotiate class composition AT ALL.

Both sides know who is going to win in court eventually.

That's a given.

The government is Goliath in this battle, but for some reason they keep giving stones to David.

Like Goliath, Christy has a weak spot: Making things personal + her tendency to resort to heavy-handedness.

The Libs should have dumped her a long time ago.

Skyo posted this link in another thread today:

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/opinio ... s-educator
Topper wrote: Also much of the reason they will not legislate the teachers back to work.
If they can't get the teachers to let them off the courtroom hook (by cutting a deal on composition)

... they'll probably impose a contract in early October (and pay for that decision in court eventually as well).

Kinda like a soon-to-be-convicted fraud artist thinking "Well, if I'm going away for fraud, what's one more..."
Topper wrote: $3000 dollars annually for massages was a BCTF demand in the Spring, they were embarrassed enough by it that they reduced it. But how did it make it in the demands in the first place?
Well that's not completely accurate, but THE POINT IS Christy had her facts completely wrong...

as of TWO DAYS AGO (there was the "extra day off per year" thing as well).

So... is she stupid, incompetent, or a bald faced liar?

No matter, the teachers are more determined than ever now.

You know me Tops, I lean to the right, but I've pretty much had it with this beaatch!

If the teachers are patient... and don't get starved out... they will take down this Goliath eventually.

Her press conference the other day only served to make them more resolved to do just that.

Another stone for David....
I fear the Libs will get the boot in 2017 because of this mess. Too many people don't remember the reign of error under Harcourt, G Clark, Sihota and Dosanjh. Ten years under those retards again will be too much to handle this time. A four year clusterfuck will be enough to hold the Liberals feet to the fire but not enough time for the NFG to drive the province into the toilet again.
Those retards have never had a fair shake from big business in this province.
It amazing that otherwise intelligent people can't see that the economic downturns that have coincided with the few NDP governments have been engineered by big business and resource industries.

The province is in the shitter now and no one seems to notice. When the NDP were last in power I lived in Oliver BC and played in the beer league there. That little town had enough working stiffs employed in local industry, construction, aviation and agriculture to have four full rosters a night. There was meaningful work, a living wage and a good home with three bedrooms cost 250,000. Guys could raise their families there.

Then the liberals got in with that drunk driving immoral Gordon Campbell, and one by one the local industries dried up, were sold off, to be cannibalised down south, the cost of living has gone up every year, and what jobs are left are privatized minimum wage part time garbage work.
The beer league struggles to find enough guys because now the same house costs 500,000 and the boys gotta fly up to fort Mac to make ends meet. Their wives have become oil patch widows and their kids now can't into school because the liberals want to privatize education and squeeze the little guy out of more money.

Those liberal zeros and their corporate buddies have been stealing the province blind.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

The province is in the shitter now and no one seems to notice. When the NDP were last in power I lived in Oliver BC and played in the beer league there. That little town had enough working stiffs employed in local industry, construction, aviation and agriculture to have four full rosters a night. There was meaningful work, a living wage and a good home with three bedrooms cost 250,000. Guys could raise their families there.

Then the liberals got in with that drunk driving immoral Gordon Campbell, and one by one the local industries dried up, were sold off, to be cannibalised down south, the cost of living has gone up every year, and what jobs are left are privatized minimum wage part time garbage work.
The beer league struggles to find enough guys because now the same house costs 500,000 and the boys gotta fly up to fort Mac to make ends meet. Their wives have become oil patch widows and their kids now can't into school because the liberals want to privatize education and squeeze the little guy out of more money.

Those liberal zeros and their corporate buddies have been stealing the province blind.
- UK Canuck

I live in Penticton and work in Oliver and Osoyoos. I very much agree with your over-view of the Liberal political landscape in small town BC. Just so you know UK Canuck, Oliver is going to do ok economically cause Chief Louie has helped land a new correctional facility - to be built in the industrial park over behind the Vincor Winery. The thinking is that there's going to be a fair number of decent long-term jobs, many of which will involve employing people from other areas, but there are a certain percentage that will be made available for locals.

A lot of locals are acquiring blue-collar jobs in the tar sands; fly up for 10 days or so and then back home for a week. As much as I am against 'big oil' for a lot of things, I have to admit that it's helping to keep a number of locals out of the 'poor house'. So lots of ironies. I despise Harper and neo-conservativism, but no doubt he has a hand in the promotion of big oil, and people (locals - BCers) are reaping the rewards of it.

Unfortunately for the OK region, (in my opinion) much of the population is comprised of tight-fisted Alta. and BC retirees who are inclined to be quite conservative politically. I don't think it will matter how fucked up the Libs perform provincially, or the cons do federally, the aging locals are primarily sold on right-wing policy that promotes security, conservatism (minimal spending), law and order, and recognition of the bible. Hallelieuah. :mad:

PS Given the aging demographics, did I mention how horrifying it is to drive the hi-ways around here!!? Unfuckingbelievable. I bet you don't miss that UK Canuck?
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah there aren't too many 500 k cribs in Oliver ukcanuck. The average price is up maybe 100,000 since you lived there. It's a tiny town which happens to be the ugly sister of the Okanagan with a mud puddle for a lake, a lousy golf course and a few wineries. A lot of old money is going to the Okanagan . Can you blame them ? They earned the right to live where they choose and if it drives prices up who gives a fuck ?

Pretty much all the Okanagan towns aren't flush with high paying jobs and never have been. There are ebbs and flows sure, but this province turns on its resources .

I shudder at the NDP coming back into power because I like my own money in my pocket. I will get hammered another 5- 10 thousand per year when the lefties take over. And what exactly will it be paying for ? ESL , Welfare increases, EI increases, Nurses for $50 per hour, hospital janitors will make $35 per hour, teachers with 12 kids in their classes and 20 pro d days a year. As I said I think most people are gun shy about the mess from 1991-2001 so if its for one term everyone will suck it up and then get a govt back in that runs the province like a business.

There is a reason the lefties have been in power for only three terms in this province. They are incompetent.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ukcanuck wrote: It amazing that otherwise intelligent people can't see that the economic downturns that have coincided with the few NDP governments have been engineered by big business and resource industries
Sure, Bill 31 was a creation of the resource industry.

CORE was also their creation I assume.

Ohdee's bullshit is more believable.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hear hear...bloberino
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah there aren't too many 500 k cribs in Oliver ukcanuck. The average price is up maybe 100,000 since you lived there. It's a tiny town which happens to be the ugly sister of the Okanagan with a mud puddle for a lake, a lousy golf course and a few wineries. A lot of old money is going to the Okanagan . Can you blame them ? They earned the right to live where they choose and if it drives prices up who gives a fuck ?

Pretty much all the Okanagan towns aren't flush with high paying jobs and never have been. There are ebbs and flows sure, but this province turns on its resources .

I shudder at the NDP coming back into power because I like my own money in my pocket. I will get hammered another 5- 10 thousand per year when the lefties take over. And what exactly will it be paying for ? ESL , Welfare increases, EI increases, Nurses for $50 per hour, hospital janitors will make $35 per hour, teachers with 12 kids in their classes and 20 pro d days a year. As I said I think most people are gun shy about the mess from 1991-2001 so if its for one term everyone will suck it up and then get a govt back in that runs the province like a business.

There is a reason the lefties have been in power for only three terms in this province. They are incompetent.
Ahhh poor UK, the farms of Oliver have all been bought up by East Indians. nice pink Sikh Temple just south of town goes well with the big 20 family 5,000 square foot homes.

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: It amazing that otherwise intelligent people can't see that the economic downturns that have coincided with the few NDP governments have been engineered by big business and resource industries

I know you don't believe it topper, you believe that poor are lazy and deserve their fate, you believe that you shouldn't have to help those who are needy because, you believe in the phrase " I'm alright jack"

You believe that kids with learning disabilities should be warehoused in order to keep them away from your child.
And don't raise taxes to do it either,ale the bastards pay for their own bullet and bill the family eh :)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:

I know you don't believe it topper, you believe that poor are lazy and deserve their fate, you believe that you shouldn't have to help those who are needy because, you believe in the phrase " I'm alright jack"

You believe that kids with learning disabilities should be warehoused in order to keep them away from your child.
And don't raise taxes to do it either,ale the bastards pay for their own bullet and bill the family eh :)
Trying to find a balance is impossible.

A large part of the population of our society essentially wants to see the government provide a way for them to live a life of irresponsibility, maximum pleasure and minimum work. They think that money grows on trees and they should just reap all the benefits. It's a ton of bullshit.

Listen to the liberal side when asked about budgets and the economy. The NDP essentially said just spend and spend and operate at a deficit. :shock:

Wasn't it Justin Trudeau who said the budget will eventually balance itself? :roll: (Yeah, I know he's Federal and not Provincial).

So just tax the shit out of everyone and hope that the wealthy don't exercise their free right to leave and protect their assets as best they can?

I think that health care and education should be at the top of the expense sheet.....but how do you pay for that? It's like they have no concept of economics.

People in the private sector are always going to be against the left wing public loving governments until such a time as those governments grow a brain and learn how to steer the ship a little closer to center.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:

You don't know what I believe.

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:

You don't know what I believe.
That's true, but I know what you said in the past
And it's not hard to infer from that "mr kneecaps" :)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:

And don't raise taxes to do it either, make the bastards pay for their own bullet and bill the family for the funeral eh :)
Trying to find a balance is impossible.

A large part of the population of our society essentially wants to see the government provide a way for them to live a life of irresponsibility, maximum pleasure and minimum work. They think that money grows on trees and they should just reap all the benefits. It's a ton of bullshit.

Listen to the liberal side when asked about budgets and the economy. The NDP essentially said just spend and spend and operate at a deficit. :shock:

Wasn't it Justin Trudeau who said the budget will eventually balance itself? :roll: (Yeah, I know he's Federal and not Provincial).

So just tax the shit out of everyone and hope that the wealthy don't exercise their free right to leave and protect their assets as best they can?

I think that health care and education should be at the top of the expense sheet.....but how do you pay for that? It's like they have no concept of economics.

People in the private sector are always going to be against the left wing public loving governments until such a time as those governments grow a brain and learn how to steer the ship a little closer to center.
This is what I'm talking about Mëds,

It's called the cycle of poverty. It's generational and burdens young people with zero upward mobility and shackles many with mental illness and substance abuse from the womb.
They grow up enough significantly disadvantaged and have more children who do the same.

These people can't hold down jobs and they are victims and they must be looked after in a tolerant society.

No matter what some of our less tolerant citizens would like.

Making it sound like there is a zombie apocalypse of welfare bums just waiting for hand outs and throw us all into bankruptcy is only fear mongering by those that don't feel a responsibility.

At the end of the day, the entire budget for the ministry of social development is 2.4B a year out of a total 40 billion dollar budget.
That is not onerous.

(That's 2.4B for the entire social services budget not just income assistance)

http://www.bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/Annual_Re ... ry/msd.pdf

Just doesn't sound like a zombie apocalypse coming to bankrupt the economy does it

Barely 5%...

Put another way , out of a GDP of 215 billion, money diverted to the poor accounts for about 1%

Still think it's such a huge issue if the left want to spend a little more to ease peoples suffering.

Think about the cost of crime? How much would we save if fewer people had to steal your shit to survive?

As for big business running away to avoid their share...

Are they taking the trees, the oil and gas the gold, copper and coal out of the ground with them?

They can threaten and they do manipulate like a bastard when it comes to it, but at the end of the day if voters did not buy the bullshit and allow them there scare tactics they will have to come back when they have raped everywhere else first.

In the mean time, no one is asking for them to hand over the means of production a la Karl Marx. Just a better piece of the pie for social programs is all. Nothing drastic.

A great example:

Topper points out that good ol Dave Barrett once tried to make mines pay taxes for the total wealth of a mine a company owned, not for what they pull out of the ground in any particular year. Sounds completely in business like on the surface.

But it seems to me the mines have themselves a tidy little line of credit they are paying no interest on.

They know the total worth of the ore in that mine and they can calculate world prices and make withdrawals as they need to. Plus they can bank on that value and borrow against it. They own the licence to it, no one else can touch it and the province share?
Not so much..

I think ol Barrett was on to something there.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

#BREAKING: BC Nurses Union will make "major announcement" regarding teacher's strike tomorrow morning
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Will Deb Macpherson be front and centre ? The nurses are well compensated and they can make all the fucking announcements they want. They are an essential service so their lip service will do little other than fire up an already angry govt.

As Ferris Bueller said ; "I've said it before , I'll say it again" : The Teamsters ( Longshoremen) are the ONLY union in the province with any teeth. Any of the other unions these days are little more than a paper tiger . I know unioncanuck is not happy with this but it is the cold, hard truth.