Kneecaps

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3368
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Kneecaps

Post by ukcanuck » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Topper wrote:Read the judgement, Burning Beard linked to it. Quite damning of Judge Griffin and her failure to interpret recent SCOC precedent and then backed by even more recent SCOC precedent.

It also highlights the BCTF and Judge Griffin's cherry picking of Straszak's testimony whereas in the whole, his testimony supports governments good faith bargaining.

Some very interesting comments defining the equality of strike action as less work for less pay therefore the government had every right to with hold wages or benefits during a work slowdown and also likening a calculated government action that may lead to a escalation of a work slowdown to a full strike to a unions ability to choose where and when to strike too maximize or minimize impact.

It also separates the government from being the teachers employer. School districts are and the bargaining unit is the BCPSEA who receives guidelines from government based upon government policy.

It will be interesting to see if the SCOC even hears the case.
Nice semantics by these lackey judges.
I'm sure you will gloat with glee IF the SCOC also in the pockets of right wing elitists won't hear the appeal.

Either way your hatred of teachers smells all the way over here and I'm sitting less than a mile from the largest landfill I've ever seen.

User avatar
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:16 am

Re: Kneecaps

Post by BingoTough » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:26 pm

ukcanuck wrote:I'm sitting less than a mile from the largest landfill I've ever seen.
That isn't a nice thing to say about London

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3368
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Kneecaps

Post by ukcanuck » Fri May 01, 2015 12:05 am

BingoTough wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I'm sitting less than a mile from the largest landfill I've ever seen.
That isn't a nice thing to say about London
I'm in Dubai, the wannabe free enterprise capital of the world

They haven't discovered recycling yet :)

Or common law for that matter !

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9387
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Kneecaps

Post by Topper » Fri May 01, 2015 5:24 am

ukcanuck wrote:Nice semantics by these lackey judges.
LOL

Yes, the five judge panel picked by the Chief Justice are corrupt and only Judge Griffin is truly unbiased. LOL

The question before the Panel was constitutional. Did the Government violate the BCTF's right of Freedom of Association with Bill 22?

The decision is an overwhelming no, the government did not.

The Panel found.
1)The Panel agreed with Judge Griffin that class size and composition are workplace conditions but found that they also "directly engage education policy" and that education policy is the privileged of the elected Provincial Government.

2) the Government held discussions with the BCTF prior to passing Bill 22 while parallel negotiations were taking place for a new teachers contract. The Government had asked for the discussion to be part of the negotiation but the BCTF had refused, hence the parallel discussions.

3)Straszak's testimony and notes showed that the Government was not only open to changing the proposed legislation but also did make some changes based upon BCTF input.

4) The Panel found that these discussion fulfilled the Government's duty to consult and used SCOC precedent to note that the consultation process was not limited to the contract negotiation process.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3368
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Kneecaps

Post by ukcanuck » Fri May 01, 2015 7:55 am

Topper wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Nice semantics by these lackey judges.
LOL

Yes, the five judge panel picked by the Chief Justice are corrupt and only Judge Griffin is truly unbiased. LOL

The question before the Panel was constitutional. Did the Government violate the BCTF's right of Freedom of Association with Bill 22?

The decision is an overwhelming no, the government did not.

The Panel found.
1)The Panel agreed with Judge Griffin that class size and composition are workplace conditions but found that they also "directly engage education policy" and that education policy is the privileged of the elected Provincial Government.

2) the Government held discussions with the BCTF prior to passing Bill 22 while parallel negotiations were taking place for a new teachers contract. The Government had asked for the discussion to be part of the negotiation but the BCTF had refused, hence the parallel discussions.

3)Straszak's testimony and notes showed that the Government was not only open to changing the proposed legislation but also did make some changes based upon BCTF input.

4) The Panel found that these discussion fulfilled the Government's duty to consult and used SCOC precedent to note that the consultation process was not limited to the contract negotiation process.
Perhaps corrupt is too strong a word but they clearly showed their bias

I don't want to get in a war of words with you, I know you're too set on your position for me to change your mind but I think it's only logical that teachers through experience are better equipped to know what class size and composition should be

Imposing a contract is by definition not bargaining

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9387
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Kneecaps

Post by Topper » Thu May 07, 2015 10:39 am

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9387
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Kneecaps

Post by Topper » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:04 pm

the hippie is done, his 3rd one year term ends in June, by acclimation or appointment as the commie teachers don't believe in democracy, is Vancouver teacher Glen Hansman.

Union members do not elect their President. Only delegates are allowed to vote. Hence a faction that controls the executive, known as the Coalition controls the voting process.

Union members complained about this when Susan Lambert was elected. Lambert was Iker's predecessor, and the last Coalition nomination to face electoral opposition. Iker's name was put forward by the Coalition and he ran unopposed just as Glen Hansman is doing this year.

An old Van Sun article from 2013 explaining Iker's election....nothing has changed.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3368
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Kneecaps

Post by ukcanuck » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Hey Topps,


Reach for a lump of coal and shove it right up your ass you Supreme Court of Canada piece of shit :)

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9387
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Kneecaps

Post by Topper » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 am

....and be careful what they asked for.

Watch the schools with lower populations close to cut costs. Four day school week. Teachers here love it, long weekend every weekend.....what do working parents do with their kids on that day?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3368
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Kneecaps

Post by ukcanuck » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:09 am

Topper wrote:....and be careful what they asked for.

Watch the schools with lower populations close to cut costs. Four day school week. Teachers here love it, long weekend every weekend.....what do working parents do with their kids on that day?

If the BC libels cannot run the education system without infringing on my constitutional rights then perhaps its time to admit this party is fucked.

Post Reply