Kneecaps

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Kneecaps

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 pm
2Fingers wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:02 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:46 am
5thhorseman wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:51 pm Looks Iike no-one wants to discuss this shit anymore.

Topper makes a joke to escape the debate, as usual.

Mëds has nothing to say, so becomes dismissive.

You can all have your echo chamber back then.
There's nothing to discuss.

There is no reason that racialization has any bearing on college graduates being unable to pass a grade 9 level math test.

Remove the test because it has no bearing on the qualification of the individual applying for a teaching job (when math is not what they will be teaching). No need to scrutinize it based on race.
The part that bothers me is that if you do not agree with some of these decisions you can be made out to be considered racist or something else. I am not involved enough to have a knowledgeable opinion but I hope there was a proper lens applied to the decisions vs. trying to stifle peoples opinions.
Fair enough Reef, but I don't think anyone here is accusing anyone else of being racist.

Anyone who is really interested in the reasoning behind this decision can read the court ruling here. It's not too hard to understand and you can skim some of it to get to the important parts. I wouldn't have commented on this issue without having at least understood the reasoning behind the court decision. Most people don't do that and that's a pity.

https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/wp-content/ ... by-all.pdf
So, as the article states, it is yet another activist court ruling forcing racial bias into the teacher certification system. If anyone can't pass a grade 9 math competency test after a BA or BSc and then a 2 year teaching program. Too fucking bad. You shouldn't be a teacher no matter what your racial background.

Getting rid of racial bias should be the goal, not entrenching it.

Lets raise standards and be a better society instead of dumbing down to the lowest 5th.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.