US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 pm Image
:lol:

It's like the liberals have no idea how the real world works. They'd probably show up on sentinel island covered in spices because they want the cannibals to feel comfortable with their progressiveness
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-roa ... nic-voters
Biden roasted for 'Freudian slip' referring to immigration influx of 'Hispanic voters'

"It's even a bigger influx now in terms of Hispanic voters... or Hispanic - Hispanic citizens, who want to become citizens," President Biden said of the current migrant crisis.
Every once in a while Dementia Joe slips up and states the truth.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:27 pm https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-roa ... nic-voters
Biden roasted for 'Freudian slip' referring to immigration influx of 'Hispanic voters'

"It's even a bigger influx now in terms of Hispanic voters... or Hispanic - Hispanic citizens, who want to become citizens," President Biden said of the current migrant crisis.
Every once in a while Dementia Joe slips up and states the truth.
Doc regarding listening to Biden - “I simply close my beautiful blue eyes, sometimes, listen intently, and take it all in”.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:45 pm https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colleg ... e-gop-bill
College anti-Israel agitators could be sent to Gaza under new House GOP bill

A new House Republican bill would send any person charged and convicted for illegal activity on a college campus to Gaza for at least six months.

Rep. Andy Ogles, R-Tenn., introduced the bill on Wednesday alongside Reps. Randy Weber, R-Texas, and Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., in response to the ongoing anti-Israel demonstrations on college campuses across the country.

Several of those protests have turned violent, with clashes between police and activists, as well as [thousands] of activists being arrested across multiple campuses.

Just wait until they get a load of that famous Hamas Hospitality!
More theatre. What a waste of time.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:08 am More theatre. What a waste of time.
Since when is theatre a waste of time? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Theatre sucks. And who needs it when you have the antics of the Trump cultists to amuse.

They're now wearing diapers to support their incontinent orange leader :lol:

#Trumpypoo

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost-effective” - Kurt Vonnegut.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:45 pm https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colleg ... e-gop-bill

A new House Republican bill would send any person charged and convicted for illegal activity on a college campus to Gaza for at least six months.

Rep. Andy Ogles, R-Tenn., introduced the bill on Wednesday alongside Reps. Randy Weber, R-Texas, and Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., in response to the ongoing anti-Israel demonstrations on college campuses across the country.

Several of those protests have turned violent, with clashes between police and activists, as well as [thousands] of activists being arrested across multiple campuses.

Deporting US citizens? :shock:

Right, these people probably never gave two fucks about the constitution anyway, except for the second amendment. :|
Growing more and more Stalinist every minute; no wonder they love the Kremlin so much. :roll:

Or are they thinking conscription? Training and arming them first and then sending them on a peace keeping mission?
That would not be unconstitutional, I guess. And then Israel might have to be more careful about where they drop their bombs. :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Per wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:36 am

Deporting US citizens? :shock:

Right, these people probably never gave two fucks about the constitution anyway, except for the second amendment. :|
Growing more and more Stalinist every minute; no wonder they love the Kremlin so much. :roll:

Or are they thinking conscription? Training and arming them first and then sending them on a peace keeping mission?
That would not be unconstitutional, I guess. And then Israel might have to be more careful about where they drop their bombs. :thumbs:
More and more Stalinist? The bill is clearly intended as a troll, but regardless -- its a proposed as a bill that would become a law only if enacted by both houses of Congress and signed by the President; the law wouldn't do away with trials before a neutral judge; Gaza is not Siberia; and there's no kill list.

What's part of the Constitution is violated? Is there something in the Constitution that provides those convicted of crimes must serve a sentence in the United States? Its not express right in the Constitution, its certainly not an unenumerated right contained in the 9th Amendment reserved to the people as there is no longstanding common law tradition to not serve sentences extraterritorially. (Otherwise we wouldn't have Australia. Or Georgia (the state, not the country) for that matter.) Cruel and unusual punishment prohibited by the 8th Amendment? Possibly, but you see Per, that's part of the troll.

Love it or leave it is crude, to be sure, but there's a populist wisdom in exposing these knowing or ignorant anti-semites to life in Gaza.

But hey, queers for Palestine!
Hono_rary Canadian
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

UWSaint wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:47 pm
What's part of the Constitution is violated? Is there something in the Constitution that provides those convicted of crimes must serve a sentence in the United States? Its not express right in the Constitution, its certainly not an unenumerated right contained in the 9th Amendment reserved to the people as there is no longstanding common law tradition to not serve sentences extraterritorially. (Otherwise we wouldn't have Australia. Or Georgia (the state, not the country) for that matter.) Cruel and unusual punishment prohibited by the 8th Amendment?
Now, I'm not a legal scholar, but from what I understand it seems to be the 14th amendment:
Natural-born U.S. citizens maintain citizenship through the 14th Amendment, so they cannot be denaturalized or deported
https://www.lawfirm1.com/removal-procee ... itizenship.

I tried to look at the actual wording of the 14th amendment, but I don't really see where it says so, but numerous sites claim that because of that amendment, natural born US citizens cannot be deported, and naturalized citizens can only be deported if they received their citizenship on false grounds, and have their citizenship revoked. I guess it may have to do with how courts have interpreted the amendment rather than the explicit wording.

In my understanding, being sent abroad because of a felony or misdemeanor would constitute deportation.

Australia and Georgia were British penal colonies and would have little to do with US laws and/or citizenship rights.
British subjects in the 18th century did not have the same rights and protections as US citizens in the 21st (or even 19th) century.

And of course the Soviet Union deported its citizens left, right and center.
They never were sticklers for citizens' (or even human) rights. :|
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Per wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am Now, I'm not a legal scholar

Correct.
Per wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am but from what I understand it seems to be the 14th amendment:

Natural-born U.S. citizens maintain citizenship through the 14th Amendment, so they cannot be denaturalized or deported https://www.lawfirm1.com/removal-procee ... itizenship.

I tried to look at the actual wording of the 14th amendment, but I don't really see where it says so, but numerous sites claim that because of that amendment, natural born US citizens cannot be deported, and naturalized citizens can only be deported if they received their citizenship on false grounds, and have their citizenship revoked. I guess it may have to do with how courts have interpreted the amendment rather than the explicit wording.

In my understanding, being sent abroad because of a felony or misdemeanor would constitute deportation.
Where do you get that understanding? Deportation is a permanent concept, with reentry being a criminal act. That's not what the bill is doing, as I understand it. It merely is serving a termed sentence extraterritorially.
Per wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am Australia and Georgia were British penal colonies and would have little to do with US laws and/or citizenship rights.
British subjects in the 18th century did not have the same rights and protections as US citizens in the 21st (or even 19th) century.
And I'll remind you ...
Per wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am Now, I'm not a legal scholar
Correct.
The rights of Englishmen in the 18th Century is critical to understanding the unenumerated rights reserved to the people by the 9th Amendment. The 9th Amendment was enacted in the 18th century as part of the Bill of Rights. The American revolutionaries were asserting their rights a Englishmen (which were also natural rights, according to our founders), and all that could be "reserved" were those that were had. Even 8th Amendment (cruel and unusual punishment) doctrine makes contact with the original understanding of that right (though, to be sure, interpretation of the scope of that right has gone through a fair bit of jurisprudential modernization).
Per wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am And of course the Soviet Union deported its citizens left, right and center.
Did it? I was under the impression the Soviet disposition towards dissidents was to send them to Siberia (not deportation) or, at least during Lenin and Stalin, execute them. Far from forcing Soviet citizens out of the country, they often wouldn't let them leave.
Hono_rary Canadian
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

UWSaint wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:38 am
Per wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am And of course the Soviet Union deported its citizens left, right and center.
Did it? I was under the impression the Soviet disposition towards dissidents was to send them to Siberia (not deportation) or, at least during Lenin and Stalin, execute them. Far from forcing Soviet citizens out of the country, they often wouldn't let them leave.
True. Executions and prison camps in Siberia were far more common. But there were some cases of dissidents that were kicked out, stripped of their citizenship and not allowed to return home.
Voluntary and involuntary emigration allowed the authorities to rid themselves of many political active intellectuals including writers Valentin Turchin, Georgi Vladimov, Vladimir Voinovich, Lev Kopelev, Vladimir Maximov, Naum Korzhavin, Vasily Aksyonov, psychiatrist Marina Voikhanskaya and others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_dissidents

They also had a system of internal deportation. Many of the annexed and subjugated neighbours were forced to leave their traditional homeland and live elsewhere. Hundreds of thousands of Estonians, Finns, Ingrians and Latvians were relocated to Siberia and replaced by Russians, and the Crimean Tatars were also forced off the peninsula, mainly deported to Uzbekistan, and were only allowed to return in 1989. Ukraine has since granted them status as an indigenous people, but that status is not recognised by the Russians who invaded Crimea in 2014 and are still illegally occupying it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »