We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Topper »

Not to a few of us.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

:twisted:
Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:15 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 am Nothing to see here, just another $36.4 million for victims of vaccines administered after Dec 8, 2020.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ot ... ation-fund
Last fall I’ve had 3 vaccine shots within a week of each other for:

Shingles
Flu
Covid

I’m still here.
Are you though?
Yes…I am

Doc, my friend. Who’s side you on? Republican Moscow Marge or Republican Mike Johnson (Speaker of The House) regarding the $61 Billion in financial aid Mike Johnson approved for Ukraine with the approval of over 150 Republicans?

Trudeau approved $3 billion in aid

Who’s side? Moscow Marge? Or republican speaker of the house Mike Johnson and Trudeau?

If I were to guess you got Moscow Marge’s back?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:37 pm :twisted:
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 am Nothing to see here, just another $36.4 million for victims of vaccines administered after Dec 8, 2020.

Shingles
Flu
Covid

I’m still here.
Are you though?
Yes…I am
I mean mentally.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:37 pm :twisted:

Shingles
Flu
Covid

I’m still here.
Are you though?
Yes…I am
I mean mentally.
I could be slipping some, I’m on 60’s door
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:39 pm I could be slipping some, I’m on 60’s door
Nah, it's the shots. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:39 pm I could be slipping some, I’m on 60’s door
Nah, it's the shots. 8-)
I do find myself having vocal conversations while I drive. That’s the beauty of having Bluetooth, people in other cars think you’re on the phone with someone when you’re actually arguing with yourself.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 pm
Nah, it's the shots. 8-)
I do find myself having vocal conversations while I drive. That’s the beauty of having Bluetooth, people in other cars think you’re on the phone with someone when you’re actually arguing with yourself.
Jeezus Dude ... You should try abusing the giggle lettuce. It'll sort that shit out
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 pm
Nah, it's the shots. 8-)
Okay Dude, just be careful you don't end up like this...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Shingles
Flu
Covid

I’m still here.
Are you though?
All things considered, that’s a fair question.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Nah, it's the shots. 8-)
More specifically the vodka ones.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Premier League season done and some Brits have had enough of Middle East immigrants running rampant and are channeling their soccer energies elsewhere...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7uUykYI ... k3NHl0dw==
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Oh sleeping giant awaken.

Hopefully in time.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Canadian molecular biologist, Alina Chan, who specializes is gene therapy research, has written an article/opinion paper highlighting 5 key reasons why COVID originally escaped from the lab in Wuhan, China, and not from a natural mutation and transmission at the wet market via human/animal interactions.

She is testifying before Congress about this.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... -leak.html

Can also be found on National Post.

Might be behind a paywall so I'll drop the points here without the detailed explanations.

1. Coincidental starting point. The Wuhan Institute of Virology has been hunting for SARS-like viruses for more than 10 years.

2. A leaked document about a similar virus. In 2018 the lab submitted a gran proposal for a research project which aimed to create a SARS-like virus with a unique feature - the very same feature that SARS-CoV-2 has, and the genetic data suggests that the feature had been gained (gain of function anyone?) just before the pandemic began.

3. Sub-standard laboratory safety protocols. Labs working with these viruses can operate at one of four biosafety levels - BSL 1 is the lowest, BSL 4 the highest. An early draft of the aforementioned grant proposal suggested the Wuhan labe would operate at BSL-2 for cost savings. This was not close to the appropriate level of containment. According to one scientist: "Yes China has the right to set their own policy. You believe this was appropriate containment if you want but don't expect me to believe it. Moreover, don't insult my intelligence by trying to feed me this load of BS."

4. Market transmission lacks evidence. There was no strong evidence to support the theory and claim that transmission occurred at the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan.

5. Key information is still missing. Evidence that COVID emerged from wildlife trade is still missing despite intense search focused on animal trade and people linked to it.

In her conclusion she says: "It is undeniable that US federal funding helped to build an unprecedented collection of SARS-like viruses at the Wuhan institute, as well as contributing to research that enhanced them."

Apparently Fauci was lying his face off to a House subcommittee about his role in some of this.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Seems to me I heard Fauci himself calling BS on some of the safety implementations he imposed recently as well.

I think I also heard something about his bank account being grossly enriched throughout the process.

Allegedly.

Or.

Maybe it was all a dream.

Or a leversque unsubstantiated theorem.

(Insert Doc shrug emoji here)
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Put the conspiracy theories away. Remember that in the early months of the pandemic no one understood the virus and the response was very adhoc in an effort to avoid the Italian outcome. As we learned more of the virus responses generally eased (other than a few high profile public panic fueled political interventions - we saw it in BC as well).

Scientific understanding, like the virus itself, evolved.

I felt bad for Faucci. He was caught in an untenable situation trying to manage public health in a country that was born of suspicion of leaders and in the midst of an election where the incumbent was is a playground, name calling, blowhard, bully to anything he doesn't understand (whether hush money payments to hookers was a legal expense or something more akin to more like personal services - his hooker wasn't a lawyer).

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/ant ... id-origins
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.