US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 pm Record Weather and wild fires and droughts and typhoons all over the planet and the Donald doing nothing about it

Although global warming may be occurring ATM

… there is no scientific consensus as to whether humans can do a damn thing about it.

Also, most astronomers will tell you the next Maunder Minimum (mini ice age) is just around the corner.

Such an alarmist UK, tell us again about how the evil Jews are running the world. :lol:

"Donald Trump is an evil money grubbing narcissist who is complicit in the future death of billions!!!" Image

After all his daughter married a Jew and he seems to like Israel right? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:45 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 pm Record Weather and wild fires and droughts and typhoons all over the planet and the Donald doing nothing about it

Although global warming may be occurring ATM

… there is no scientific consensus as to whether humans can do a damn thing about it.

Also, most astronomers will tell you the next Maunder Minimum (mini ice age) is just around the corner.

Such an alarmist UK, tell us again about how the evil Jews are running the world. :lol:

"Donald Trump is an evil money grubbing narcissist who is complicit in the future death of billions!!!" Image

After all his daughter married a Jew and he seems to like Israel right? Image

Alarmist as in five alarm fire this summer?

Yeah I know there are people who deny that there is any scientific consensus and subscribe to an impossibily huge conspiracy to create a global size catastrophe.
Apparently to create a one world government...

I think people that believe that trump is an enemy of the environment probably find it easier to believe that 9 billion driving 18 billion cars, feeding fuck knows how much livestock, drilling and fracking for oil and depleating ground water at an unprecedented rate is a lot easier to believe than it’s all one big conspiracy.

As for the Israel, it’s hard to get a guy to see reason while he’s waiting for the jew to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem so that we can officially be in the end times ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/09/03/ ... th-errors/

and

I'd post links about astronomers and the next Maunder Minimum but if you actually wanted to know it's an easy google...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:07 pm .
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/09/03/ ... th-errors/

and

I'd post links about astronomers and the next Maunder Minimum but if you actually wanted to know it's an easy google...
I googled your first link and found your man is on Exxon Mobil’s payroll.
I’m not saying he is completely wrong but I’ll take what he has to say as having ulterior motives.

“According to the News Journal, "the Union of Concerned Scientists published a study listing Legates among several scientists it described as 'familiar spokespeople from ExxonMobil-funded organizations' that have regularly taken stands or sponsored reports questioning the science behind climate change warnings."[13] Legates is a senior scientist of the Marshall Institute,[14] a research fellow with the Independent Institute,[15] and an adjunct scholar of the Competitive Enterprise Institute,[16] all of which have received funding from ExxonMobil.[17][18]”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Ian Plimer, on the payroll of the mining industry, is it surprising that this atheist has a vested interest in claiming his nest egg is harmless ?

Doc We probably could go nack and forth all day but in the end it seems only common sense to me that we are changing the globe as surely as yeast consumes sugar in a barrel to poison itself into wine.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

We can go "nack and forth all day" because indeed there is no scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate change. :wink:

Climate change has been occurring since long before mankind was a factor.

The Paris Agreement had zero chance of reversing the current climate change trend.

The scientific consensus among astronomers is that a new Maunder Minimum (mini ice age) is on the horizon.

You can believe whatever you want, but you should be vigilant in this day and age to ensure you haven't been brainwashed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strange argues just for the sake of arguing.

Ever notice he is involved with “EVERY” major discussion and always on the wrong side?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:02 pm Strange argues just for the sake of arguing.

Ever notice he is involved with “EVERY” major discussion and always on the wrong side?
Would’ve been more PC so say... always on the other side.

To say always on the wrong side is just arrogant
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:06 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:02 pm Strange argues just for the sake of arguing.

Just having fun with that part, but the rest is true.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:06 pm

and wrong.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Climate change has been ongoing for over 4.6 billion years. The catastrophic events in earths history are due to geologic and or cosmic events. Species have come and gone. Mass extinctions have occurred. Earth kept rolling along as did life on Earth. To think our insignificant species can have a lasting effect is to be on the arrogant side of the debate.

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:40 pm Climate change has been ongoing for over 4.6 billion years. The catastrophic events in earths history are due to geologic and or cosmic events. Species have come and gone. Mass extinctions have occurred. Earth kept rolling along as did life on Earth. To think our insignificant species can have a lasting effect is to be on the arrogant side of the debate.
Straw man. No-one is trying to make a lasting effect in terms of millenia. For the most part people are thinking of the immediate future, i.e. their kids and grandkids.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:28 pm .
We can go "nack and forth all day" because indeed there is no scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate change. :wink:

Climate change has been occurring since long before mankind was a factor.

The Paris Agreement had zero chance of reversing the current climate change trend.

The scientific consensus among astronomers is that a new Maunder Minimum (mini ice age) is on the horizon.

You can believe whatever you want, but you should be vigilant in this day and age to ensure you haven't been brainwashed.
No consensus according to those that don’t want there to be a consensus you mean.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:35 pm
Topper wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:40 pm Climate change has been ongoing for over 4.6 billion years. The catastrophic events in earths history are due to geologic and or cosmic events. Species have come and gone. Mass extinctions have occurred. Earth kept rolling along as did life on Earth. To think our insignificant species can have a lasting effect is to be on the arrogant side of the debate.
Straw man. No-one is trying to make a lasting effect in terms of millenia. For the most part people are thinking of the immediate future, i.e. their kids and grandkids.
Princely the shortsighted arrogant belief that natural processes can be reversed in order to perpetuate a species in stasis.

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 am
5thhorseman wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:35 pm
Princely the shortsighted arrogant belief that natural processes can be reversed in order to perpetuate a species in stasis.
I doubt anyone seriously believes natural processes can be reversed but I think it’s clear that most people not in oil and gas and mining and heavy industry can admit the common sense in limiting our footprint as much as possible.

The situation reminds me of the stories about lamplighters in the 19th century, they fought electric lights tooth and nail, coming up with the same types of arguments but in the end electric lights won out and lamplighters are gone.