Now hear this: The Reminder

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

Brian CC
Site Admin

Now hear this: The Reminder

Post by Brian CC »

Ok everyone it seems as though some of you may need a little reminder about what this site is all about.

In this thread I took the time to remind everyone that this is not CanucksCentral.com and never will be:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7871

It seems some of you aren't respecting that or have strayed from your intentions to.

Personal attacks are not and will not be tolerated here. I think we're pretty relaxed otherwise, but I've been noticing some pretty petty personal issues between posters. A lot of you have been around these Canucks boards as long as I have, which means you're at least around my age bracket, yet some things I've been seeing leave me thinking I'm dealing with adolescents.

Don't drag you Central feuds over here, cause they are not going to fly. Come with an open mind and a fresh slate and don't make my life a pain in the arse. Central chose to have an anything goes policy, and it's a big reason why I started this site.

I don't solicit for donations, I've gone out of my way to welcome you all despite a lot of you trash talking the crap out of me and this site for years.

I hope you can respect how this is site is and always will be run.

Thanks
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Now hear this: The Reminder

Post by Per »

You're doing a great job with this site, I'm glad to be here and I hope I have not crossed any lines.
Just let me know if I stray from the straight and narrow and I'll be happy to mend my ways.

Thanks again for taking us in when we became homeless.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Glad to hear you are keeping this site friendly

Thanks Brain

Cheers

Trouble
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thanks Brian for the home and the welcome. And thanks for putting this out there. You are right, there were some pretty petty on going feuds and penis measuring going on at CC and it will be nice to see it stopped right here, right now!
Thanks again for the very warm welcome.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Roger that Brian...thnx
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

rats19 wrote:Roger that Brian...thnx
I'd rather just shake his hand personally.
2011..... the one that got away.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Good call.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Thanks Brian. I heard it when it first came out.

Leslie Feist is hot.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Why is this post and the other "warning to central posters" still sticky-ed after 2-3 months?

These 2 threads are not only insulting, but they basically give people free reign to start the "anti-central" threads that we have
all had to bite our tongs and quietly ignore. These threads seem to hover around for days right up until someone from central starts defending themselves, and then they are locked.

I cant speak for everyone but I know a number of us have basically had it with this stuff.

Either accept us or don't, at this point the double standard is pretty ridiculous.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

This thread was made August 17th , when things got a bit array. It's now Dec. 1st.

I locked that previous thread because it's rehashing crap that should have been dropped MONTHS ago.

I am always trying to get people to 'get along' but there are some people that just refuse.

How many more Corner and Central threads do there need to be? Wasn't this warning enough?

And Pot, this board is for the most part a peaceful board. Brian's and the mods objective are to keep that way without bringing up many insults of each other. Seems to me there are just some people that can't go through a day without insulting someone. Habit, I suppose.

I have come out publicly to say that we should all remember that there is only the Corner now and that we should all try to get along. I also think the busier board has made better debate for the hockey boards and a lot more fun in some of the other topics in the Bar and Grill.

Trust us mods when we say this, the Corner regulars have also been warned and banned. You don't see trouble here anymore do you? He's banned because he didn't abide by the rules as well. There is no double standard. We have yet to ban a former Central poster to my knowledge, but banned one of our 'own'.

This is a sticky made by Brian. If you don't like it, take it up with him. Email him, he gets it on his phone. We only enforce his rules not make them.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

LotusBlossom wrote: This is a sticky made by Brian. If you don't like it, take it up with him. Email him, he gets it on his phone. We only enforce his rules not make them.
I would say my post was "taking it up with Brian".

Those 2 posts were over the top at the time and it's utterly ridiculous that they have been there for 2 months, especially given that the people they are attacking, not only follow the rules, but are also responsible for the majority of posts on this site.

As far as the other "anti central" posts go I would hope that the mods delete them right away as they are very divisive.

From what I have seen it is not the ex-central people pushing the divide.

IMO we only refer to ourselves that way when put on the defensive.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I am a chronic ...let's get along guy...but I admire pot for his stance.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Potatoe1 wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote: This is a sticky made by Brian. If you don't like it, take it up with him. Email him, he gets it on his phone. We only enforce his rules not make them.
I would say my post was "taking it up with Brian".

Those 2 posts were over the top at the time and it's utterly ridiculous that they have been there for 2 months, especially given that the people they are attacking, not only follow the rules, but are also responsible for the majority of posts on this site.

As far as the other "anti central" posts go I would hope that the mods delete them right away as they are very divisive.

From what I have seen it is not the ex-central people pushing the divide.

IMO we only refer to ourselves that way when put on the defensive.
I emailed Brian your concern, with the link to this thread. He's been busy with BCLionsDen.ca this past month and has finally taken a couple of days to himself to get back to normal life. He will give you the answers you are looking for.

We just enforce his rules, we don't make them up, all we ask is you all abide by them. Makes our jobs easier, that's all. Since you have some angst with these issues, I forwarded the links to Brian.

ADDITION: There are more aspects to this site than just the forums that Brian takes care of, such as the blogging from various bloggers, the social media aspect and he's gotten in very well with the Canucks as a fan site. He works hard to provide a multi-faceted type of wesbite, which is why he asks us to monitor the forums as much as possible.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

rats19 wrote:I am a chronic ...let's get along guy...but I admire pot for his stance.
as soon as EVERYONE remembers that there is no 'us and them' just an us, things will go more smoothly.

I'm not the one putting the imaginary border war here, I've been a long time advocate of all of us getting along, but how many threads in how many various ways do we have to keep rehashing it?
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

LotusBlossom wrote:
rats19 wrote:I am a chronic ...let's get along guy...but I admire pot for his stance.
as soon as EVERYONE remembers that there is no 'us and them' just an us, things will go more smoothly.
I agree.

And I agree the key word is everyone.