Welcome to the Refugees from "Central"

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Welcome to the Refugees from "Central"

Post by wienerdog »

dbr wrote:Eyyyy! Welcome aboard vw. Or just w, I suppose. :)
Thanks, dave ;)

Good to see that pretty much the whole gang is here. Found you guys through HFB.

And yeah, it's just w now.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to see all the familiar faces. Strange to have CC go down like that but I'm glad to be a part of this community. Perhaps *now* we can win a cup? :lol:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Just another friendly reminder...

What happened at Central stays at Central

In other words, the feuds and the hates and the petty spats can be deleted along with the rest of the site. Please don't bring all of that here. Please don't continue to discuss it here. If you fee that there is some unfinished business, discuss it in PMs.

This is a different site, and while we understand that many of you are coming here with over a decade of history/baggage, the rest us here are hoping that you'll all get a "fresh start" and stop digging up the past.

Thanks,

Your suddenly busy mod.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

it took some time but i found a new home...i miss Eddy...wheres Eddy???
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

the Dogsalmon wrote:it took some time but i found a new home...i miss Eddy...wheres Eddy???
Words out dog..words out...glad u made it.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

i notice there are some rules on this board...can i use the "f" word???...or other colourful words???
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Only if we lose to calfuck, then have at 'er. 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:i notice there are some rules on this board...can i use the "f" word???...or other colourful words???
Yes, but like a lot of things, moderation is the key. Excessive swearing won't be tolerated, and you'll be asked to tone it down.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

i had to find the site that CoCo-canuck belongs to because i know he is missing my posts...if i could only get my goddamn avatar to work i could start tending this mogoloid farm*

*footnote to blob nckenzie i believe...
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Where is the Lions thread? I cant find it....can we make one or am I missing it somewhere?

I think the Leos might regret giving up(throwing away) Messam....but after I heard this quote its not surprising he was traded.
It was an unceremonious end to a troubled one-year tenure with the team that saw him break the jaw of popular receiver Paris Jackson in a locker-room fight and get convicted for beating up a bouncer at the Barking Frog nightclub in London, Ont.
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=371731

Big game tonight, dont want to go down 0-3 to start the season.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

You can go to bclionsden.ca if you wish.. start something there. Brian runs that site too.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Or not... :oops:
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Robert wrote:You can go to bclionsden.ca if you wish.. start something there. Brian runs that site too.

Um.....yah I cooooooooould, but what would be the purpose of talking about here then? :baaa:
Toasty_B
AHL Prospect

Post by Toasty_B »

Hi Fellow Canuckleheads,

I'm a "sort of" refugee from Canucks Central. Haven't posted there in ages, but was always an avid lurker. Enjoyed reading the insightful posts of Lever, Potatoe, Per, Hockey Widow and the like. I posted under the name "Toastbastard" when I was more active.

Like many of you, I was shocked to find out that Central had closed its doors after returning from vacation. (Judging from the responses about the subject, I'd rather not know the details.) I knew for awhile that Canucks Corner existed and attracted quality posters such as Strangelove and Lotus Blossom so I lurked here a few times to complement my Canucks fix. When I accessed this forum to see if there was any detailed news about Central's demise not only did I find it, but I was pleased to find most of the characters from Central have migrated over here.

I feel that Brian's commitment to keeping this forum welcoming and respectful as well as the addition of a wider range of quality posters and the promise of a fresh start will encourage me to post more often. I have been harboring feelings about how the Canucks handled themselves during the last Stanley Cup Final and wanted to express myself about these, but had to get over the pain of losing first and then took a 3 week vacation afterwards. Perhaps I can take this opportunity to reconnect with some of you, and also make new connections as we travel forward on the the good ship Canuck together.

Although I wish Chris well in his new endeavours, I look forward to contributing to this forum and making it my primary place for Canucks news and discussion.

TB
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Shocked but not at all surprised... if thats possible.

July 9th, I was half way down the Oregon Coast with the family when we got to a Fred Meyer with free wi-fi. Having major withdrawls from being cut off from any hockey news what so ever for 5 whole days I made... let the wife do the shopping so I could catch up........

Boom went the dynamite. :(

I'm now at a campsite in Anaheim with wi-fi and I finally got to hook up the Mac mini. Thanks to all of you who directed me to Canuckscorner. (I love you guys :blush:)

I don't have time right now to read all 16 pages in this thread but when I get back from dragging the kids and my new hip across Dinsneyland tonight I will definitely read all of it. I briefly saw a lot of familiar names here, recent and from the past, and I'm really looking forward to contributing (what I can) here.
2011..... the one that got away.