Welcome to the Refugees from "Central"

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Welcome to the Refugess from "Central"

Post by Hockey Widow »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's called Bountiful . :devil: :bang:
I haven't been banned from there yet 8-)
I have (been banned from Bountiful) but that was a while back when I had a different IP address... :hmmm: :thumbs:

OMG LB this is where you went. Nice to catch up with you again!
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Welcome to the Refugees from "Central"

Post by Arachnid »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:You will all like the Corner version of Royal, much more professional.
So you're going to be less like David Pratt then? :D
Ummm, you guys have no idea yet do you...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

HW.

Howd ya find us all ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

jackalman wrote:I am from Central and was know as naslund MVP there. thanks for the warm welcome and it is nice to see lots of Central posters here. I am wondering if any of the refugees know if hockey widow will be joining this board. I think I might love her.

Yes, I found you guys. You tried to get away but I am persistent. Give me a few days to learn how to navigate around here and I will be my usual know it all self!! :D :D
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Wooohooo HW made it!!!

Good to see you.

Now spill it!!

:D

Yeah we'll all vouch for expat, he's about as good a Flames fan as there can possibly be. It's still painful to admit I may like the opinions of a Flames fan and enjoy reading his posts.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:HW.

Howd ya find us all ?

You won't believe it! I went to Cow Puke and they have a thread and in that thread someone mentioned that this site exists and this is where everyone is showing up. So here I am.

That is how bad my withdrawal was I was at Cow Puke!!! Lurking. Feeling sorry for myself. All alone.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Hi HW. I'm glad you made it! I was a little lost myself earlier and then I found the Corner. It really made my day!

Don't be embarrased about it, thats how I found the site, too. Blaster might have known what he was doing when he mentioned it as it sounds like quite a few of us made our way over since then.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Chef Boi RD is going to cool down on the Machine Gun Grabner topic recycling. Coming here is about 'fresh new start'. My modus operandi here will be to be a constructive poster and not one who likes to kickstart hot-button topics to ruffle a few feathers, engaging a battle of the wits. You will all like the Corner version of Royal, much more professional. Stay tuned.

Don't change too much Dude. It will be more than I can take.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Howd ya find us all ?

You won't believe it! I went to Cow Puke and they have a thread and in that thread someone mentioned that this site exists and this is where everyone is showing up. So here I am.

That is how bad my withdrawal was I was at Cow Puke!!! Lurking. Feeling sorry for myself. All alone.
That makes me feel very dirty.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rudypoo
CC Veteran

Post by Rudypoo »

Hockey Widow wrote:Wow! I was caught off guard by the sudden change, well for me it was sudden. Saddened to see the end of the site but very very grateful to have found a new place to call home. Hope to catch up to some old friends and make some new ones!
Thanks for the welcome thread, I felt a little lost for a few days. :lol: :lol:
Glad you made it HW!

Sorry, I'm sure you don't know who I am, since I am mostly a lurker (gonna try to be more active here at CC) and I had to change my username in the transition. But I am one of the many who was hoping you'd find your way over here.

Man, I feel creepy! :oops: Anyway, hope you enjoy it here, seems like it's going to be interesting times as CC absorbs BCSC. A social experiment, of sorts. :)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The common ground between all these new posters is that they're Nuckleheads, win or lose, we luv our team. We can probably say that if the Nucks ever win the cup, ppl here can die in peace. :D Most of them are solid intelligent posters too with opinions u may agree or disagree with, but in the end, it's all in good fun. I think u'll like them in time Robert and it'll make things here a lot more interesting here for sure (much more traffic). :)
Robert wrote:Holy hell man... who are all these people?? Where did you all come from?... it's crowded.. I'm starting to sweat... I'm claustrophobic.. I need to get out... sorry mam was that your breast? I was just reaching for the door knob honest! OUch! Hey that was uncalled for... quick, get me my ativan!

Woot, welcome HW. The lady with inside scoop. So, is Gillis close to a trade or free agent signing? :D
Hockey Widow wrote:Wow! I was caught off guard by the sudden change, well for me it was sudden. Saddened to see the end of the site but very very grateful to have found a new place to call home. Hope to catch up to some old friends and make some new ones!
Thanks for the welcome thread, I felt a little lost for a few days. :lol: :lol:
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Hockey Widow wrote:
BCExpat wrote:So this is where all you "Central" refugees ended up. Anyway, hopefully they have room here for a non-trolling Flames fan :)

Glad to see you BCExpat!

For those that don't know him he is one of the good Flames fans. I know that is hard to comprehend but you'll have to trust me on that one.
Thanks HW - looks like pretty much everyone from CC is over here now. BTW - if the thread with the "Canucks Central Ceases to Exist" thread - I started it (FYI - I'm Shin Pad over there)
Last edited by BCExpat on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Howd ya find us all ?

That makes me feel very dirty.
YOU! How do you think I felt?

But I am thrilled to have found you guys. Thrilled that there is a space for all of us. Thrilled by the chance to get to know some new friends.

Not so thrilled at being an AHL Prospect. I tried to get a NMC but obviously it didn't work :D
dchrist2
AHL Prospect

Post by dchrist2 »

Long time lurker at CC, actually found it through this site so I was happy when I came back and saw many familiar faces had found their way too.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Rudypoo
CC Veteran

Post by Rudypoo »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: So, is Gillis close to a trade or free agent signing? :D
...and the truth comes out.

:lol: