Forum Rules: Please make yourself familiar.

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

Brian CC
Site Admin

Forum Rules: Please make yourself familiar.

Post by Brian CC »

Here are the rules of this forum. The aren't hard to follow and I would hope you would respect them. If you can't you will have to find another place to hang out. Who put me in charge? I did :)

1. Please respect other posters. This forum is intended as a place to build friendships, Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This site is a hobby and people who make it a pain in the butt to run or any users who continually start squabbles and garner complaints will be punted from the forum.

2. Please remember that fans of all ages visit these forums. While I believe in free speech, excessive vulgarity will not be tolertated. Nor will racial slurs, sexually explicit content or threats made to any member of this site.

3. If you have a problem with someone, settle it via the private messaging system. There is debate, then there is childish behaviour. Even in private, threats, insults and rude behaviour will not be tolerated.

4. Defamatory comments made towards to any individual will not be tolerated and will result in you being permanently banned from these forums. I'm in this for fun like most of you, not to get sued. If you have no facts to back up what you post, do not post it.

5. The last rule? I reserve the right to revise these rules and make up new ones any time I see fit. :)

It's not rocket science folks, this place is meant for the enjoyment of mature Canucks fans. If you can't play nice, you won't be playing here at all.
Last edited by Brian CC on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

While I'm sure you don't need my comment/support here, I'd like to say thanks anyway, for refreshing everyone's memory of the rules.

There have been a number of posters MIA lately and with comments like "I have posted less", and topics being hijacked, I for one hope this will put canuckscorner back on track as the best canuck site out there.

Thanks, Brian.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Thanks Brian. Now lets get back to :towel: Hockey!
R.I.P. Luc.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Thanks Brian,

I've found myself posting less and less, and avoiding what would otherwise be fairly intelligent threads due to the amount of trolling and childish banter going on lately. This is still the best Canucks forum on earth, lets not reduce it to a site for silly name calling. Seriously, life is too short to waste it arguing with people about pointless things over the internet.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

levelheaded wrote:Thanks Brian,

I've found myself posting less and less, and avoiding what would otherwise be fairly intelligent threads due to the amount of trolling and childish banter going on lately. This is still the best Canucks forum on earth, lets not reduce it to a site for silly name calling. Seriously, life is too short to waste it arguing with people about pointless things over the internet.
Well, posting less and less won't help the site get back on track either. :D I can't be here 24 hours a day and neither can the rest of the mods. We do our best to keep things up to standard, but with a board this size, there will be problems from time to time.

Some people seem to think it should never be that way.

Keep posting and show others what this board has been and should be like. If someone gets silly, report them to us, ignore them and move on. ;)
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

My apologies to the site, I got myself too wrapped up in some discussions, got carried away and I should have known better! :bang:

I realized that I've got better things to do with my time then get wrapped up in childish arguments online.
I'm sorry, and here's to keeping this site the best Canucks forum on the net! :towel:
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Brian,

Thanks for the reminders. This is a great place to discuss the Canucks and it is a fun place to debate and joke around with fellow CC members (in a good way that is).

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Hockey_roo
CC Veteran

Easy rules!

Post by Hockey_roo »

Thanks Brian, I maintain a soccer website and have tried to model by forum on this one, as I think it is the BEST one out there ( hockey or otherwise).
I have recently had some negative posters on my site and have borrowed your easy and concise rules. Keep up the great work!
Hockey_roo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Forum Rules: Please make yourself familiar.

Post by Cornuck »

Didn't think I needed to a new rule, but do not post NSFW content or links.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."