Bill Guerin rumour - Sportsnet TV source

Trade rumours from around the league. Think you have a source? Stand behind your rumours? You better, or don't post in here!

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Bill Guerin rumour - Sportsnet TV source

Post by mattola »

Cheech (John Garrett) mentioned that a rumour of Bill Guerin to the canucks was around.

anyone hear this outside the game tonight? wonder what would be offered for that?

Scheinder and a pick?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

They want a first rounder and a prospect. I don't like it, for strictly a rental.

I would much rather go with a guy like Carter/Modin, not an individual game breaker, but still an improvement, without trading away one of our prospects. If we want to do a trade like that, better to do it at the entry draft so we can actually get something solid out of it for longer than 20 games.
Farhan Lalji

Re: Bill Guerin rumour - Sportsnet TV source

Post by Farhan Lalji »

mattola wrote:Cheech (John Garrett) mentioned that a rumour of Bill Guerin to the canucks was around.

anyone hear this outside the game tonight? wonder what would be offered for that?

Scheinder and a pick?
I don't like the idea of giving up Schneider and a pick for Guerin. Although the Canucks seem to be set in goal now (for years to come), using that as a basis for trading Schneider for SHORT TERM help does not make sense to me.

St. Louis' asking price for Bill Guerin is way too high IMO. Let the Wings go get him. :)