Forsberg to canucks True or Faulse

Trade rumours from around the league. Think you have a source? Stand behind your rumours? You better, or don't post in here!

Moderator: Referees

Do u think that trade will happen?

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes: 16

canucks_fan2
AHL Prospect

Forsberg to canucks True or Faulse

Post by canucks_fan2 »

Now all i have been hearing for the past 2-3 weeks is Forsberg is coming to vancouver for morrison,cooke,and a 2 round pick but i have no idea where everyone is gettin this from.They all keep sayin they have heard it from nonnis but i watch tsn,sportsnet,everything and i have no seen once nonnis talking about tradeing for Forsberg.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Ya right...if we were going to rape them that badly Nonis better be taking Philly's GM out for dinner first.

"Here philly, take our two most underachieving players thus far, and we'll take a superstar in return. Thanks."
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Well the thing about Forseberg is that he is only worth probably 60 games a year max anyways because of injuries so there is a bit of risk with him ... considering that factor maybe this type of a deal may not be as far fetched as one would think.

How about the cap room etc. ?? Say that deal went through ... would we even have the room for him ??

Grizz
canucks_fan2
AHL Prospect

Post by canucks_fan2 »

Yes i know im not sayin that i belive this is goin to happen im just getitn sicka nd tired about hearin it cuz i know that nonnis wont do nuttin about it and we wont be able to with out capp.He screwed us over pretty good for this season we cant even get rid of some players that arent doin what they are bein paid for For example:morrison,cooke,bulis,kesler.
MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Re: Forsberg to canucks True or Faulse

Post by MeesterFeester »

[quote="canucks_fan2"]Now all i have been hearing for the past 2-3 weeks is Forsberg is coming to vancouver for morrison,cooke,and a 2 round pick but i have no idea where everyone is gettin this from.They all keep sayin they have heard it from nonnis but i watch tsn,sportsnet,everything and i have no seen once nonnis talking about tradeing for Forsberg.[/quote]

That is about the funniest thing I have heard all year ! Come on, the Phils would be getting Morrison who by far is one of the major disappointments on the team, and to think the Canucks would give up their top grinder. I say NO , that is a bucket of hogwash , if anything they would be stupid to give up both players and a draft pick. Think now, Forsberg hasn't had the greatest year either , so in my opinion he is only worth maybe either player and the draft pick, not both! To give up Cooke is not a good idea , he may not be a huge offensive player, but he never has been. Cooke is there to get under the other teams skin , forecheck, kill penaltys and set up somebody or score when the chance presents itself. That would be one of the bad choices Nonis or whoever could make and probably one of many to come.

I say NO!
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

give up Cooke is not a good idea , he may not be a huge offensive player, but he never has been.
Very true ... however in his contract negotiations it was brought up that he could in fact score more goals and had some offensive upside .... 1.5 mil a year for a grinder who doesn't score is alot.

I hardly even notice Cooke out there anymore ... does he even instigate ??? I think Rutuu contributed more than Cooke is now.

Grizz
MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Post by MeesterFeester »

I hardly even notice Cooke out there anymore ... does he even instigate ??? I think Rutuu contributed more than Cooke is now.

That is a good point and maybe i'm wrong. It may be time for a change for both players, but I still say that Forsberg is not worthy of two players and a draft pick. Canucks should and could get at least a minor league player as well. On the hand we have Rypien who i'm sure can take and fill Cooke's role. Then it could work as decent trade , but can't see it happening . I would hate to see Cooke go. I still say NO, the trade is far fetched, Although not as far as people think, I just read about on NHL.com in an article by Roger Philips.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

but I still say that Forsberg is not worthy of two players and a draft pick.
If he is at the top of his game and we know we can get 80 games plus playoffs out of him ... then yeah ... otherwise you are probably right. He is having an off year this year too but I think he isn't overly happy either.
I would hate to see Cooke go
I am not partial to him anymore ... I am very disappointed at his balking and talking over his contract when it came up and his now complete lack of production. I have always been of the thought that you should get paid on your performance - goals whatever - not on the speculation or on what you might do.

Now there are always some exceptions when you know certain players have the raw talent ie Crosby, Ovechkin (even that can burn you though ie Alexander Daigle) ... but Cooke has never really shown real offensive ability.

Grizz
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The only benefit of getting Forsberg would be to rejuventate Naslund. It would help to establish 2 decent scoring lines which is the one thing we need most.

I'd go for it - but don't see it happening.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
canucks_fan2
AHL Prospect

Post by canucks_fan2 »

so i see some ppl think it wont be a good trade and some see tha it will be a good trade.in my eyes i would love to see forsberg come to vancouver but as much as some ppl want its not goin to happen nonnis doesnt talk about it and as messterfesster said he say it on nhl.com witch if u dont mind could u post it were u seen it so i could read it im tryin to get as much info as i can about this.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Nonis would have to be absolutely insane not to make this trade if it were presented to him.

First, neither Morrison nor Cooke are anywhere near the player Forsberg is, despite his lacklustre season thus far.

Second, this would allow the Canucks to unload 2 overpriced players who are locked into contracts for next year.

Third, Forsberg could very likely provide some much needed secondary (primary) scoring paired on a line with Naslund. That combination has the potential to be downright dominant. Even if, Forsberg came here and sucked, the Canucks could free themselves of his services next year. Minus Morrison and Cooke, they would have considerably more cap space for next year.

I'm not sure why I spent so much time even responding to this because it seems highly unlikely that Philly would ever make this deal, but I just can't understand why anyone would not do this deal (from a Canucks perspective).
CanucksFan19
AHL Prospect

Re: Forsberg to canucks True or Faulse

Post by CanucksFan19 »

canucks_fan2 wrote:Now all i have been hearing for the past 2-3 weeks is Forsberg is coming to vancouver for morrison,cooke,and a 2 round pick but i have no idea where everyone is gettin this from.They all keep sayin they have heard it from nonnis but i watch tsn,sportsnet,everything and i have no seen once nonnis talking about tradeing for Forsberg.
we dont got the Capp Roommmm :shock: