Socks & Puppets

Trade rumours from around the league. Think you have a source? Stand behind your rumours? You better, or don't post in here!

Moderator: Referees

Re: Socks & Puppets

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:35 pm

herb wrote:"My dream is to one day become a member of the CC Hall of Fan." - Betamax

Sometimes dreams just aren't meant to be.

duh, don't bet against Betamax. My track record writes for itself. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:49 pm

BurningBeard wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote:I'm a lot of things but not a lip reader. Could you, duh, provide a transcript? :mex:

Lets say it twice:

via: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3409

Brian CC wrote:Here are the rules of this forum. The aren't hard to follow and I would hope you would respect them. If you can't you will have to find another place to hang out. Who put me in charge? I did :)

1. Please respect other posters. This forum is intended as a place to build friendships, Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This site is a hobby and people who make it a pain in the butt to run or any users who continually start squabbles and garner complaints will be punted from the forum.

2. Please remember that fans of all ages visit these forums. While I believe in free speech, excessive vulgarity will not be tolertated. Nor will racial slurs, sexually explicit content or threats made to any member of this site.

3. If you have a problem with someone, settle it via the private messaging system. There is debate, then there is childish behaviour. Even in private, threats, insults and rude behaviour will not be tolerated.

4. Defamatory comments made towards to any individual will not be tolerated and will result in you being permanently banned from these forums. I'm in this for fun like most of you, not to get sued. If you have no facts to back up what you post, do not post it.

5. The last rule? I reserve the right to revise these rules and make up new ones any time I see fit. :)

It's not rocket science folks, this place is meant for the enjoyment of mature Canucks fans. If you can't play nice, you won't be playing here at all.

duh, so does that mean that both Aaron and BurningBeard will be permanently banned from these forums? Fact or fiction? :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Betamax wrote:What say you? :mex:

Well if someone really wanted to they could redefine "sockpuppet" on that website you are linking. ;)

BurningBeard wrote:Really? Not even for defamation? :mrgreen:

Like I said, I'm perfectly safe and so is this website. I have my team on it, there is zero worry! :thumbs:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Betamax wrote:duh, so does that mean that both Aaron and BurningBeard will be permanently banned from these forums? Fact or fiction? :mex:

You mad bro? :mex:
What defamatory comment did I make? :mex:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Brian CC wrote:Here are the rules of this forum. The aren't hard to follow and I would hope you would respect them. If you can't you will have to find another place to hang out. Who put me in charge? I did :)

1. Please respect other posters. This forum is intended as a place to build friendships, Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This site is a hobby and people who make it a pain in the butt to run or any users who continually start squabbles and garner complaints will be punted from the forum.

:mex:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Cornuck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:58 pm

people who make it a pain in the butt to run or any users who continually start squabbles and garner complaints will be punted from the forum.

Since you're quoting the rules....

Eventually all socks wear out their welcome.

Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:

Well, I'm being disrespected around the forums. Being FALSELY accused of being some other poster(s) here. So, if I make a list and complain will they be "punted from the forum?" :mex:
Last edited by Betamax on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Cornuck wrote:
people who make it a pain in the butt to run or any users who continually start squabbles and garner complaints will be punted from the forum.

Since you're quoting the rules....

Eventually all socks wear out their welcome.

Well, in your sock hunt, I hope get your facts right.I can only assume you are obligated to follow the site rules as well, right? Or does that not apply to you?

4. Defamatory comments made towards to any individual will not be tolerated and will result in you being permanently banned from these forums. I'm in this for fun like most of you, not to get sued. If you have no facts to back up what you post, do not post it.

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:

How does that apply to me on this forum? Please explain. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Betamax wrote:
Cornuck wrote:A few changes are coming to the Corner.

For now, it's time to clean out the sock drawer. Any account that is an obvious or suspected sock will be disabled later this week. If you are worried that your real account might be in jeopardy, PM me and state your case.

I've allowed it until now due to the lack of real hockey news. With the upcoming draft, free agency, new coach etc in the coming weeks, it's time to clean things up.

With all due respect, your proclamation sounds like some sort of Kangaroo Court ran in a location like North Korea -- not Canada or the United States of America for that matter.

If you believe an account is "obvious" you should be able to easily provide compelling evidence that shows beyond a reasonable doubt that said account is, for a fact a "sock" if the (alleged) "sock" believes he/she has been charged with that offense he/she didn't commit and wants to show he/she is "innocent" or "not guilty."

This should be done in the public sphere among a jury of his peers. Not fellow (suspected socks) ...... but from a pool of long-time, "respected" members of CC Hall of Fan not "suspected"' of having "sock" accounts.

Furthermore, will there be penalties levied against those individuals here who have been on a witch-hunt that have publicly falsely accused other(s) here of having a sock account (as implied tacitly in this very own thread) when they are exposed to be more wrong than the Mayor of Wrongville? :mex:

Cornuck, if you can not or will not answer the question as I highlighted in bold, will I need to contact Brian CC for the answer? :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ClamRussel » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:23 pm

The sox always come out in the wash.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:Image

Haha yep...
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Cornuck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Well, since you asked.....

Sock or not, there have been enough complaints against beta ax that I am ready to disable the account. Brian doesn't really concern himself with the forum, but if you want to run to daddy, go for it. Beta ax, you're a troll, nothing more, nothing less.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Topper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:22 pm

But we barely got to know him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Trade Rumours