World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Mickey107 »

Big test for Elias at 5pm against the Russians.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm The Canucks neeeeeeed elite skillset in the system for when the Sedins bust loose. Elias is that guy. I could care less if he isn't Ryan Clowe along the boards, we have others for that but the mere fact that he's dominating and was leading the Swedish men's league in scoring tells you he's no wuss
Wasn’t what I was saying. I said he needs to go to the high traffic areas more often ,for eg the front of the net and take the puck hard to to the net. That said that goal was him cutting hard to the net so that is very encouraging. I didn’t say dick all about crashing around the boards
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Do you wish Elias was more of a pugilist?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:52 pm Do you wish Elias was more of a pugilist?
No but I feel like a pugilist . And you must feel like Dana Murzyn after Shane Corson hammered him
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles keep working on those curls for gurls.

I've been slayin the wife's latest batch of limoncello. Finally cracked into it tonight. Just gunnin' it big time, I should be Otis from the Andy Griffith Show in about an hour
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dahlin is insane. We need to win the lottery this year
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That move was filthy and fuck are we overdue for some good luck. That kid is the real deal.

I’m on the Caesars, will chase down with some Andina craft beers, bottle of white with dinner. Nice rib roast doing it on the cue, baked potatoes, asparagus and a green salad. Later on some seafood appies and roll on down to a friends place .... nothing crazy Pacific Blue. Are you rolling down to the Patricia tonight ? Get the honeymoon suite with the hot tub? Errrrr sorry the one with the bathtub
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So why is Pettersson not playing center?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:38 pm So why is Pettersson not playing center?
Bubbles says he will never play centre, I'm going by that
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Much better game by Elias. Showing more willingness to work on the boards (still not winning many) and the way he fought off the hook on his break away and still got of the shot was note worthy. Also displayed some speed on the Sedin like long shot of the boards and beat the icing play.

He has that lazy looking big guy stride away from the puck were he looks like he's dogging it but likely isn't.

You could tell he was pissed with himself on the shootout effort.

Sweden's PP is far too stationary.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:32 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:38 pm So why is Pettersson not playing center?
No I didn’t
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:56 am
No I didn’t
Maybe not word for word
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:00 am
No I didn’t
Maybe not word for word
Lol I said he’s been playing wing this year which he has. I hope he goes back to centre but ultimately he should play where he plays the vest and produces the most. Right now that’s on the wing.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:11 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:00 am
No I didn’t
Maybe not word for word
Lol I said he’s been playing wing this year which he has. I hope he goes back to centre but ultimately he should play where he plays the vest and produces the most. Right now that’s on the wing.
Someone commented on this year's Swedish team that almost all the forwards could play at centre, which allows for the possibility to mix and match quite a bit, if you want to. Pettersson is generally listed as C/RW, but on the powerplay goal he scored on the Swiss, he and Nylander had switched sides, so he was actually playing LW for a bit. Not sure why. Maybe to mess with the opponents' heads a bit?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Better shooting angle.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.