World Juniors 2017

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2017

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jesus the Wild have some nice young talent playing in the Semis.

Kunin , Eriksson Ek, Greenway and the Russian kid are all awesome prospects.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Americans will win the tourney. That's a hungry, determined, tight group they have. The swedes might be able to give them a good battle but the Canadians don't match up well against the yanks
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Jesus the Wild have some nice young talent playing in the Semis.

Kunin , Eriksson Ek, Greenway and the Russian kid are all awesome prospects.
Kaprizov ix the Russkie Wild project, very nice player but yeah those are 4 really nice players they have. Ek was a player I was hoping to daft but he went much earlier than his rankings, still happy we got Boeser. But really like Kunin and Greenway
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dylan the most overrated player in the tourney. An amazing individualist who can't do fuck all 5 on 5. As long as he is on the team we won't win gold. Still don't get his him and his bro are top 5 draft picks
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fucking Ingram. Jesus, but Ducharme needs to learn to rotate the goalies. Hopefully Hart can shut the door. As an asside Benson should be here and for fuck sakes how about a national junior team coach instead of rotating coaches every year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Dylan the most overrated player in the tourney. An amazing individualist who can't do fuck all 5 on 5. As long as he is on the team we won't win gold. Still don't get his him and his bro are top 5 draft picks
Dylan is a much better player than Ryan.
He's slow like Sedin or Thornton but his game will translate to the pros, just not until he's 22-24. Kid has hands and can pass the puck with the best of them.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Fucking Ingram. Jesus, but Ducharme needs to learn to rotate the goalies. Hopefully Hart can shut the door. As an asside Benson should be here and for fuck sakes how about a national junior team coach instead of rotating coaches every year.
I find it hard to believe Ingram is the one of the best under-20 goalies this nation can muster. That was some of the worst goaltending you'll see. He hasn't looked good all tournament.

Nice that Cirelli and Stephens are showing up, time for Dubois and Strome to take over a game (without the need for a PP).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It pains me to say but I like the Flames prospect - Dillon Dube, fast, skilled, gritty and smart
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Dylan the most overrated player in the tourney. An amazing individualist who can't do fuck all 5 on 5. As long as he is on the team we won't win gold. Still don't get his him and his bro are top 5 draft picks
Dylan is a much better player than Ryan.
He's slow like Sedin or Thornton but his game will translate to the pros, just not until he's 22-24. Kid has hands and can pass the puck with the best of them.
Stromes skating and gangly weak strength is not cut out for the NHL, he's a bigger bust than his brother. Both should have been drafted way late in the first round
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Starting to like Gauthier, for a giant the kid can sure wheel out there
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Lucky save by Hart. :(

Sweden needs to put more pressure on the Canadian D.

Good game though.
Both teams creating a lot.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Effing home crowd referee!

That penalty on Kylington is pure BS! :evil:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

And that stupid BS call may just have decided the game. :(
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You'd think of the 1,000's of shots he takes he'd eventually score, but again, another non 5 on 5 goal from Strome
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

If they at least had had the decency to make an equally soft make up call to let us back in. :(

Oh well.

Canada played a great game and got some lucky bounces.
Congrats on the victory.
Per wrote:From what I understand, at the World Juniors, Sweden has never won an elimination game vs Canada on North American ice.
And the streak continues...