World Juniors 2016

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2016

Post by Per »

Rumsfeld wrote:Looked like a dive by Nylander
Nah, you must be thinking of Strome vs Finland. That was pathetic.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Per wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Looked like a dive by Nylander
Nah, you must be thinking of Strome vs Finland. That was pathetic.
Per, why are you being so hurtful? I'm trying to console you. I know you're disappointed in your team's lack of testicular fortitude, but that's no reason to lash out at 18 year olds.

Bad form Per.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Per wrote:Terrible game by Sweden today. They didn't put their heart into it. :(
Guess they weren't able to get over not being in the final.

The final is better. Now going into overtime.
8-3? That's fucking embarrassing, sorry 'bout that Per, seriously. It's hard to watch your team give such a gutless effort. You just don't see Canada lose like that, yeah! Brutal.

The Finns' top line is sick and so is this gold medal game!
I agree it's embarrassing, but if you say Canada never folds like that, you're either far younger than I figured, or your memory is beginning to go. Especially the second rate teams you often send to the world championships.
I remember seeing Sweden beat you 9-0 in Vienna 1987, 7-2 in Turku 1997 and 7-1 in Zürich 1998. Sure, it's rare, but it does happen.

It was especially frustrating watching this team lose this way though, because they had played so well earlier in the tournament; beat the Swiss 8-3, the US 1-0, the Danes 5-0, Canada 5-2 and Slovakia 6-0, and even if I was disappointed about their effort against Finland, it was only a 2-1 loss. Guess they couldn't work themselves up for the bronze game while the Yanks wanted payback for the loss in the group play and thus were a bit more pumped.

The Finns are worthy champs though. Great tournament.

Must feel good to win the gold against the hated Russians and in front of a jubilant home crowd.
And good screenplay too; scoring the first goal, then falling behind and trailing most of the game. Getting the lead with like five minutes left, then the Russians tie it with 6 seconds on the clock, and then the Finns win in overtime. It's Oscar winning stuff.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Per wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Per wrote:Terrible game by Sweden today. They didn't put their heart into it. :(
Guess they weren't able to get over not being in the final.

The final is better. Now going into overtime.
8-3? That's fucking embarrassing, sorry 'bout that Per, seriously. It's hard to watch your team give such a gutless effort. You just don't see Canada lose like that, yeah! Brutal.

The Finns' top line is sick and so is this gold medal game!
I agree it's embarrassing, but if you say Canada never folds like that, you're either far younger than I figured, or your memory is beginning to go. Especially the second rate teams you often send to the world championships.
I remember seeing Sweden beat you 9-0 in Vienna 1987, 7-2 in Turku 1997 and 7-1 in Zürich 1998. Sure, it's rare, but it does happen.

It was especially frustrating watching this team lose this way though, because they had played so well earlier in the tournament; beat the Swiss 8-3, the US 1-0, the Danes 5-0, Canada 5-2 and Slovakia 6-0, and even if I was disappointed about their effort against Finland, it was only a 2-1 loss. Guess they couldn't work themselves up for the bronze game while the Yanks wanted payback for the loss in the group play and thus were a bit more pumped.

The Finns are worthy champs though. Great tournament.

Must feel good to win the gold against the hated Russians and in front of a jubilant home crowd.
And good screenplay too; scoring the first goal, then falling behind and trailing most of the game. Getting the lead with like five minutes left, then the Russians tie it with 6 seconds on the clock, and then the Finns win in overtime. It's Oscar winning stuff.
Yeah it was a good tourney Per, and you're a good sport.

I guess we'll have to wait until the World Cup to cross swords again (no homo). Hopefully the prancing band of queers you assemble this summer can put up a better effort.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Per wrote: The Finns are worthy champs though. Great tournament.

Yeah it was a good tourney Per, and you're a good sport.

I guess we'll have to wait until the World Cup to cross swords again (no homo). Hopefully the prancing band of queers you assemble this summer can put up a better effort.
Guess winning the World Cup could be some consolation for the Sedins, whose hopes of ever winning the Stanley Cup seem to be growing more and more farfetched. :|

Well, unless of course Horvat, McCann, Kenins, Virtanen et al suddenly have some sort of epiphany this summer and report back as some sort of super stars next fall. Or some sort of trade suddenly turns everything around.
Guess we have to keep the faith, even as we walk in the valley of the shadow of death.
There's always next season. :drink:
Last edited by Per on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Good on Finland and it couldn't have been a better final on home soil. That's exactly what this tournament needs in Europe.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.