World Championship 2015

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: World Championship 2015

Post by Tiger »

Per wrote:Pathetic effort by the Russians. :evil:

I mean, I've said all along that with a team like this Canada should win, but this is ridiculous.

At least we made you have to work up a sweat to beat Sweden.
Too bad we played like shit against Russia, because the way they've played tonight, they had no business being in this game.

Very deserving win for Canada, and Sidney Crosby becomes #26 to join the Triple Gold Club. :drink:
And Hamhuis is 2/3 of the way to joining the Triple Gold Club. :D . Not much chance of a Stanley ring though unless the Nuck management loses its mind and lets him go to a contender !
This Team Canada was without doubt the finest we have had for years.. All the forwards could play defensively. The Dmen did a terrific job Looking at the lineups there is no doubt the Russians had more "Star" offensive players . The first period showed how a good team can shut down the opponents offence.. After they got the lead the forwards continued to backcheck ferociously .. The ref's were fair and Smith deservedly was awarded "Goallie of the Tournament'" .

I was expecting a much closer game but Canada peaked in the final game and the russian stars, although they made some outstanding individual play did not play well as a team..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

some nostalgia..

The TV announcer said " 60 years ago today the Penticton V's won the World Cup " .. I remember it well.. Grant Bill and Dickie Warwick were the 3 brother heroes beating the Russians 5 - 0 :) I got drunk with them after they came back from Germany.. :) The only other international series that sticks in my mind as much is the Summit Series of 73 .
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Now we know why the Russians stay to play in the KHL, mush easier league.

I expected a closer game with more intensity, makes for a better win.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Tiger wrote:The only other international series that sticks in my mind as much is the Summit Series of 73 .
:hmmm:

Your nostalgia is broken.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hamhuis proving why he should stay and get a new contract, while we force trade Bieksa to the East.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.