Sochi 2014: Tre Kronor

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Sochi 2014: Tre Kronor

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote:
Per wrote:After a sketchy start, the Sedin - Bäckström - Loui Eriksson line has gradually improved, and today against Finland they were our best line! 8-)

Having Lundqvist in the crease feels good. He's calm, collected and delivers.
Here's hoping he delivers gold, come Sunday! :thumbs:
Fuck off, Per. ;)

Just joking.

No I'm not.
well Ocornian one...its kind of his thread i guess...

congrats on your win Per...

now fuck off...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Torts:
I hope Sweden wins, cause I don’t think Hammer is going to play, judging by what’s happened.
I don’t think Lui is going to play. So, I don’t give a shit about (Team Canada) right now because they’re not playing.
I just want them back here.

I hope Daniel scores two, Edler gets three assists and Sweden wins.
:wink:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

sagebrush wrote:Torts:
I hope Sweden wins, cause I don’t think Hammer is going to play, judging by what’s happened.
I don’t think Lui is going to play. So, I don’t give a shit about (Team Canada) right now because they’re not playing.
I just want them back here.

I hope Daniel scores two, Edler gets three assists and Sweden wins.
:wink:
Gotta love Torts! :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The culprit:

NHL and IIHF guide lines allow one tablet per day.
IOC says it's OK between games, but no tablets on game days and no more than 150 nanogram/litre of urine.

Apparently the team doctor has told Nicklas that one tablet per day is OK, which would be in accordance with NHL/IIHF rules but not IOC rules. Guess they messed up. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

When I lived in the tropics, and now when I visit. I survive on Zyrtec. Before finding it, I could have posed for a dermatologist's textbook.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Whenever I've had to take something with psuedoephedrine in it I certainly never felt like I was in an artificially enhanced state of performance....
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

This whole process was botched & the timing of it was for effect. Imagine if this was done to Toews?!? Why wasn't this done prior to the Finland game? ...since the sample was taken after the Slovenia match. This came up at the 2010 games but they allowed the athlete to do a subsequent test & he passed. They allowed him to continue competing. The same thing should have happened here. It doesn't take 5 days to get the results, c'mon. Since Backstrom declared he was taking this medicine the IOC should have warned him not to take any on game days (since their rules are diff from the NHL/IIHF). Apparently this isn't even something they routinely look for, and rightfully so it's not doping as in steroids. This wasn't handled the right way is a gross understatement.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ClamRussel wrote:This whole process was botched & the timing of it was for effect. Imagine if this was done to Toews?!? Why wasn't this done prior to the Finland game? ...since the sample was taken after the Slovenia match. This came up at the 2010 games but they allowed the athlete to do a subsequent test & he passed. They allowed him to continue competing. The same thing should have happened here. It doesn't take 5 days to get the results, c'mon. Since Backstrom declared he was taking this medicine the IOC should have warned him not to take any on game days (since their rules are diff from the NHL/IIHF). Apparently this isn't even something they routinely look for, and rightfully so it's not doping as in steroids. This wasn't handled the right way is a gross understatement.
Nice Pratt. why didn't you just quote the article
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It is a disgrace the way the IOC handled this. I remember when Ohlund tested positive before the Olympics, forget the year. He had been taking and had declared, steroid based drugs for his eye injury. They were able to get that cleared up before the start and he was able to participate, with controlled guidance, whatever that means. Then there was Jose Theodore and his prescription treatment for male patterned baldness, but that got cleared up too.

The IOC wants us to believe that cheaters will get caught and they target a non cheater who made a mistake, with medical advice. He should have been spoken to ASAP and allowed the explain. I am sure that if that had been done he and his doctor would have made sure he didn't "dope" before the Finnish and Canadian games.
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Topper wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:This whole process was botched & the timing of it was for effect. Imagine if this was done to Toews?!? Why wasn't this done prior to the Finland game? ...since the sample was taken after the Slovenia match. This came up at the 2010 games but they allowed the athlete to do a subsequent test & he passed. They allowed him to continue competing. The same thing should have happened here. It doesn't take 5 days to get the results, c'mon. Since Backstrom declared he was taking this medicine the IOC should have warned him not to take any on game days (since their rules are diff from the NHL/IIHF). Apparently this isn't even something they routinely look for, and rightfully so it's not doping as in steroids. This wasn't handled the right way is a gross understatement.
Nice Pratt. why didn't you just quote the article
Right. Keep on trolling.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow wrote:It is a disgrace the way the IOC handled this. I remember when Ohlund tested positive before the Olympics, forget the year. He had been taking and had declared, steroid based drugs for his eye injury. They were able to get that cleared up before the start and he was able to participate, with controlled guidance, whatever that means. Then there was Jose Theodore and his prescription treatment for male patterned baldness, but that got cleared up too.

The IOC wants us to believe that cheaters will get caught and they target a non cheater who made a mistake, with medical advice. He should have been spoken to ASAP and allowed the explain. I am sure that if that had been done he and his doctor would have made sure he didn't "dope" before the Finnish and Canadian games.
Well that's exactly it, if they had given him enough notice they could retested. It's absurd and clearly they wanted to make an example of him w/ no time for recourse. Apparently they had a last minute meeting but minds were already made up. Mickey Mouse, they should be embarrassed. This is as petty as going after Olympia Pizza.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

TeamSweden300.jpg
TeamSweden300.jpg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 13053 times
Less Canucks embarrassment please.