Team Canada Sochi

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Team Canada Sochi

Post by herb »

Topper wrote:.............but you win a bronze :lol:
A bronze medal is a hell of a lot better than fourth place.

There's no shame in losing to Canada by one goal. The USA has come a long way...a decade ago they were maybe thought of as the fifth or sixth best hockey nation, but now they are legitimately top three and arguably top two.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I'd say the bronze winner often walks away happier than the silver winner, as the last game you play is a win. If you can't play with some pride for the bronze, it's pretty sad. I agree with Herb.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

If Lou was in net, it would of been more dramatic cuz he would of given up a late 3rd period goal. :lol:

Hopefully, Hammer and Lou win a gold medal for doing nothing. Nice little vacay in Sochi, they need the rest and break anyways. :P
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:If Lou was in net, it would of been more dramatic cuz he would of given up a late 3rd period goal. :lol:

Hopefully, Hammer and Lou win a gold medal for doing nothing. Nice little vacay in Sochi, they need the rest and break anyways. :P

Did your mother drink rubbing alcohol during her pregnancy ?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Puck wrote:Or is Farhan still cheering for the Swedes? I can never remember...
LOL.

Not a fucking chance dude.

I "sold out" and have been cheering Canada ever since the Finland game.

After protesting and not watching the first two games of the tourney, I realized that I was acting like a gay homosexual and was only hurting myself by not watching.

Wasn't sure how I'd feel when Kesler played Canada, but as the game started, it was very obvious that I wanted Canada to win.

So yeah.................I sold out. But I'm human. :P

GO CANADA GO!

p.s._____________I bought a Team Canada Steve Stamkos jersey after the first period to further add to my hypocrisy. :D (I bought his jersey at an extremely discounted price since he's injured.

Browner, lol you have so got this sports fan thing ass backwards. I suggest a counseling session with the good Doc.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

herb wrote:... and arguably top two.
You say they are better than Canada?! :eh:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Fucking Doughty is a great player . Hard to say who is the top player from the 08 draft. Karlsson , doughty and Stamkos are all great players. Petrol isn't bad either
Yeah, Doughty and Karlsson the best defensemen in the game, take your pick.

And to think, Gillis drafted Cody Hodgson when he could have drafted Karlsson. What an idiot. That puts Nonis not drafting Kopitar to shame. Cause certainly, Kopitar isn't the best forward in the game, not even top 10, and I'm sure you could easily find 20 better forwards int he game than Kopitar. When you compare that to Karlsson being the best defenseman in the game??? Wow, what a draft day fuck up.

What's vic's thoughts on this?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Knight wrote:
herb wrote:Couldn't watch the third period because of work, but happy the guys got the win.

RD and Tuna must be pissed!
Tuna will be happy. He's a proud leaves fan, and a Canadian fan.

RD will be disappointed that he can't troll the forums (for now), but he's a happy camper. I've known RD since 2000 and so I can guarantee you he's as happy as all of us.

I took a huge gamble, rolled the dice, came up snake eyes. You win some, you lose some. You could say I pulled a Gillis, here - made a terrible executive message board decision.

Don't worry, I will continue with my mission here to completely flood the bed that Gillis keeps shitting on with my urine until the man is fired.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Wow! Teemu Selänne. What can I say? Wow! :o

Five frigging nil. Wow!

And I thought the US had a pretty good team...! :?

Bodes well for tomorrow... :wink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Suomi Suomi Suomi. My bet for gold is just 4th, is that a copper medal? :lol:

Happy for Teemu :towel:

Canada sucked the life out of the Amerks, i think they learned a lot out of that Latvia game. The whole team and i mean the forwards too were defending like hell. Go Canada!
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

The Americans obviously don't covet bronze as much as the Finns
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RK #17 will come back...just a tad CRANKY methinks...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:RK #17 will come back...just a tad CRANKY methinks...
When Dan and Roberto start flashing their hard earned lucre.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A trade demand by RK to get out of Canada is imminent. The bitterness is too much for him
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Fucking Doughty is a great player . Hard to say who is the top player from the 08 draft. Karlsson , doughty and Stamkos are all great players. Petrol isn't bad either
Yeah, Doughty and Karlsson the best defensemen in the game, take your pick.

And to think, Gillis drafted Cody Hodgson when he could have drafted Karlsson. What an idiot. That puts Nonis not drafting Kopitar to shame. Cause certainly, Kopitar isn't the best forward in the game, not even top 10, and I'm sure you could easily find 20 better forwards int he game than Kopitar. When you compare that to Karlsson being the best defenseman in the game??? Wow, what a draft day fuck up.

What's vic's thoughts on this?
Blah blah blah, hindsight is 20/20 RD. 14 players and SIX blueliners were taken before Karlsson. Clearly he probably should have been the no.2 pick overall. Doughty can't touch him imo, Doughty is good but not at that level. He's enjoying the extra space on the large rink but Karlsson brings it regardless of the rink size. Imagine how good he'd be if his achilles wasn't seared in half.

Atlanta took Bogosian 3rd
TO took Luke Schenn 5th!!!!
Columbus took Filatov 6th!
Nashville - Wilson 7th
Phoenix - Boedker 8th
Ilanders took Josh frickin' Bailey 9th!!!
Blackhawk geniuses took Kyle Beach 11th (hordes of Canucks fans everywhere were calling for Gillis to take Beach, maybe even you Dude....how could the Canucks have passed up Beach??????)
Buffalo lands a real gem at 12th w/ Myers <---imagine that! instead of Karlsson
LA steps up at 13th to secure their future w/ Colton Teubert! (the Kings could have had Doughty-Karlsson RIGHT THERE OMG!!!!
Carolina secures future HOFer Zack Boychuk at 14!

I hardly think its fair to rip Gillis on this one. I don't recall one single person wondering why we didn't draft Karlsson that day or even years after that. Easy to sit back now and point fingers. He wasn't alone. And if he was Karlsson would have gone 2nd or 3rd guaranteed.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy