World Juniors

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
I see him as a 2nd line type as well. 50 - 60 point guy who can play the whole ice. Like an O'Reilley or a Bergeron.

Hopefully he is better than Morrison . B Mo was 5ft 9 standing on a phone book, soft and was certainly not the glue to his line. With a good centre those guys would have put up some scary numbers.
And that's not a bad thing, far from it. I see RoR and Beregeron and Richards written all over this guy. He's the guy that you want on the ice at crucial parts of the game and in big games. I really like what I see from the kid. I could see him being a first line centre, down the road. Like Beregeron he does the little things well that his linemates will benefit from not too mention that the kid can put up points as well, every GM covets this type of player.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Interesting end to the Russia vs USA game.
You sort of get the impression that those two teams don't really like eachother. :hmmm:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote:Interesting end to the Russia vs USA game.
You sort of get the impression that those two teams don't really like eachother. :hmmm:
That is classless taunting the other team and I am glad the USA player did that.

Yea I am a dumb ass and if a Canadian player taunted like that it would not bother me if he was wacked as well. there are other ways to taunt and you don't need to skate in front of the other team.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The taunting is what it is, everyone trash talks, at least between Canada, USA, Russia, and maybe even Sweden a little.

Americans are notoriously poor losers, and they are arrogant winners.

Russians are often no different.

The slash is dirty, dirtier than the flyby cheer to the USA bench by the Russian player. But if you're gonna do it, make it count, that was soft. :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They're kids.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Nice block by Horvat.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Yup. Canada will win this.
The Swiss sorely needed to score on that power play. Instead Pouliot gets a fourth goal for Canada as soon as they are equal strength. No way they can lose now.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

They are kids, but this sort of thing happens way too frequently at the World Juniors.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Adolescent males, no matter what species, are jerks.

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

If the American's had any sack, there would have been a 1987 World Junior replay.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

BurningBeard wrote:If the American's had any sack, there would have been a 1987 World Junior replay.
+1
Mëds wrote:But if you're gonna do it, make it count, that was soft. :P
+1

If you're going to get knocked out of the tournament, and the other team is going to pull that stuff you can either take the high road and show that you at least have more class in the loss than the other team in winning.

Or

You can stop down to their level but if you're going to do that, at least make it memorable and make it count in more reasons than one. For many of the Americans, this is their last kick at the cat internationally so what would it matter for them to get some games of suspension in international play? Go all Piestany on them and go down swinging.

Not that I'd necessarily advocate the above course of action over the former, but at least it would make the re-match a bit more must-see TV. :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

6-0. Game, set and match Sweden! 8-)

Still a perfect record.

Now we have to take on the Russkies again while Canada plays Finland.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Lancer wrote: You can stop down to their level but if you're going to do that, at least make it memorable and make it count in more reasons than one. For many of the Americans, this is their last kick at the cat internationally so what would it matter for them to get some games of suspension in international play? Go all Piestany on them and go down swinging.

Not that I'd necessarily advocate the above course of action over the former, but at least it would make the re-match a bit more must-see TV. :roll:
When the Canadians did it, they threw away a medal opportunity in the process. All the American had to look forward to was a plane ticket home.

I suppose times were different back then... and Fleury was probably having a Graham James flashback.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BurningBeard wrote:They are kids, but this sort of thing happens way too frequently at the World Juniors.
Heh, was just a little love tap, he deserved that much, he started it by taunting them. They are told not to do that.

On to more pressing things...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Ironing your girlfriend's blouses.