GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: We got some BS calls for sure and the sharkies played better than us. It didn't help that our speciality teams totally sucked, our PP could barely set up and our PK stunk to high heaven.
Our PK was actually pretty decent when you think of the number of penalties in a row assessed. The 4 minute double-minor to Hamhuis was a great kill and generated momentum. The PP was horrendous. Has been all season and for the tail end of last season.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I think I would of played Lou in game #3, and #4 for sure, but it was AVs call. Schneids was ok, but wasn't great; he didn't look 100%. I thought Lou was definitely playing better. I thought the luxury of having 2 good goalies was to play the guy who is hot or playing better. AV failed there.
Yeah. But Vigneault is probably gone now. Thankfully.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Kes had a monster game #2 (a memorable performance), but I noticed that in game #3 he gets clipped in the head by Marleau early in the game. I wonder if that took the wind out of him (or banged him up a bit) cuz he was pretty average after that.
Yeah, he wasn't very noticeable out there tonight. But no excuses.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Bieksa didn't look 100%. It looked like he wasn't going all out and kind of playing hesitent (protecting himself) cuz he didn't want to get hurt. He did look better as the series went on though (ie - game 4).
No excuses. Casual Kev was just that.....too casual at times.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: And yeah, the Nucks are down 3-0 in the series and they get a penalty with 5 mins left and in OT. C'mon for crying out loud! Have some mercy. Our PK was so bad that giving them a PP was basically giving them a free goal. Nucks didn't play well for sure, but they got like zero breaks. The series could of easily been tied 2-2, instead we get swept. At least give the Nucks a chance to come back to pro-long the series a bit to make the series more entertaining.
More excuses. Reffing was shit. The Canucks didn't deserve the series when the puck dropped in Vancouver. The team has been destroyed all year by fast forechecking teams that collapse to the net on defense and pressure hard on the PK. The team never adjusted. No excuses.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Lancer wrote:I pick the Sharks to at least make it to the finals. God knows the refs were on orders to at least get them past the Canucks, so why not let it carry. SJ's been a solid soldier organization for Buttman and his mafia, they're in a sunshine market. OF-FUCKING-COURSE they're a shoe-in. :evil:
At least there are no excuses nor crutches to lean on or any glimmers to justify the status quo. Vigneault must go, and some core players have to go with him. :mad:
I hope SJ gets bounced in the next round. If they make it to the finals, there will be the excuse (i.e. we lost to the Stanley Cup finalists so therefore it's okay).

I hope that is the last time I ever have to watch AV coach this team. I'd wait to hire until summer and see if the rumours are true and Babcock is leaving Det. If so, I'd offer him my first born and anything else he wanted to come coach this team...

I'm not saying it is all AV's fault. There is more than enough blame to go around and hit the GM and the players too. But that is the first of a bunch of changes that need to be made to get this team back on track.
That makes it hurt a little more, that Sharks are simply not that great of a team, we were that bad.

If you have watched the Blues & Kings beat the fuck out of each other then you will see what befalls the Shanks....they won't win another series.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Its no excuse I know,I know...but what happened to the marble???

Mother fucker the Canucks were never going to win this series but for shits sake, couldn't they have at least let us have our last swan song on the up and up? Did they have to gift wrap it for the sharks and leave that as the last image of Canuck 2013???
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

With Schneider shitting the bed last night I wonder if elite goalies like Anderson, Emery, Crawford, Rask, Backstrom, Niemi, Elliott, Howard, Anaheims goalie, Holtby etc., would have made a difference cause apparently the team in front of these elite goalies whether good or bad have no bearing on how well these said elite goaltenders play
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

RoyalDude wrote:With Schneider shitting the bed last night I wonder if elite goalies like Anderson, Emery, Crawford, Rask, Backstrom, Niemi, Elliott, Howard, Anaheims goalie, Holtby etc., would have made a difference cause apparently the team in front of these elite goalies whether good or bad have no bearing on how well these said elite goaltenders play
...oh fuk off Dude.

Your constant whining and blathering is so far beneath you I can't even begin to explain to posters who don't know you how integral to the old board you used to be.

Every-fukin-body gets your fukin point.

You've said it enough.

You're like a braying fukin donkey on an audio loop .

Give it up for Crisssakes.
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:With Schneider shitting the bed last night I wonder if elite goalies like Anderson, Emery, Crawford, Rask, Backstrom, Niemi, Elliott, Howard, Anaheims goalie, Holtby etc., would have made a difference cause apparently the team in front of these elite goalies whether good or bad have no bearing on how well these said elite goaltenders play
...oh fuk off Dude.

Your constant whining and blathering is so far beneath you I can't even begin to explain to posters who don't know you how integral to the old board you used to be.

Every-fukin-body gets your fukin point.

You've said it enough.

You're like a braying fukin donkey on an audio loop .

Give it up for Crisssakes.
Ahhhhhh Donny, we all tried to save him butt it's of no use laddy, the drink has him and and it's the drink will na let him go...he is....The Most Despised and Hated Man on CC™ these days... :(
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)