GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote:Tough to get them out of the system isn't it Donny. I'm nearly purged.
Damn. I did say we.

lol.

Yeah, I haven't watched a game this year at all Topper and I really, truly don't care which is stunning even to me, although I was close to this mindset last year as well.

The lockout was kind of the lol, fuk u guys final straw for me as I've stated in the past.

The only way I know even a semblance of what is going on is hearing stories from buds and the odd reading I've done here the last few days (perhaps the occasional snippet on the radio/news that I catch out of the corner of my eye type of thing).

The whole Canuck experience is like one big lifetime cruel joke at this point.

Of course the laughing stock the league and it's leaders have become adds to my disdain.
DeLevering since 1999.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

1-9 in our last 10 playoff games.

Think about that for a second, lads. I know it hurts but think about it.

One and cocksucking nine. :(

I know we're going to lose this series. I'm sorry but I can't see any way we win 4 straight against these fucks and the NHL at the same time.

All I can say is not today boys.

Not fucking today.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

NOT TODAY!!!

FUCKERS!!!
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

There is a small hopeful corner within my mind that I can imagine the Canucks coming back...

However,

They have shown nothing - especially in Games 1 and 3 - to fan the flames of that hope, and it seems inevitable to me that they will lose this Series.

And the championship futility continues 1970 - ?

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

6 -1 Sharks

Bieksa gets pummeled by big Joe and Raffi runs over Edler on his way to a hatty. AV has a good giggle and flaps his arms at the refs. Just get it over with. Let the gutting begin. :thumbs:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
AV has a good giggle and flaps his arms at the refs.
It is what it is.
DeLevering since 1999.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

donlever wrote:
Topper wrote:Tough to get them out of the system isn't it Donny. I'm nearly purged.
Damn. I did say we.

lol.

Yeah, I haven't watched a game this year at all Topper and I really, truly don't care which is stunning even to me, although I was close to this mindset last year as well.

The lockout was kind of the lol, fuk u guys final straw for me as I've stated in the past.

The only way I know even a semblance of what is going on is hearing stories from buds and the odd reading I've done here the last few days (perhaps the occasional snippet on the radio/news that I catch out of the corner of my eye type of thing).

The whole Canuck experience is like one big lifetime cruel joke at this point.

Of course the laughing stock the league and it's leaders have become adds to my disdain.
I don't mean to be disrespectful to either of you guys or anyone else for that matter when it comes to boots or hearts. But the Canucks from Renfrew St to Griffiths way is so much a part of my Vancouver that I can't see ever not caring. I get numb sometimes but when the inevitable wrong side of the handshake comes I'm seriously depressed for a day or two. The funny thing is, although I would not know what to do with myself if they actually ever win a cup. I still look back across the 40 years of losing with fondness, it connects the present with past...its certain kind of consistency maybe...

Either that or I'm just getting old....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:6 -1 Sharks

Bieksa gets pummeled by big Joe and Raffi runs over Edler on his way to a hatty. AV has a good giggle and flaps his arms at the refs. Just get it over with. Let the gutting begin. :thumbs:
:lol:

Mercy killing!

We all know they have it in them to bring a 60 minute game. Do they know it?

The fans still believe they can win 4 straight. Do they?

Either way, I expect a fight got damn it :evil:

I believe (until they lose) :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

We should see how much fight this team has now, tbh, I almost want them to lose just so we can get a better draft position. Where would be drafting if we lose tonight? 15th spot? BTW, I want AV gone, undecided if I want MG to stay.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Honestly, I think this is going to get ugly tonight - real ugly, blowout, laughing after their scoring while we we change goalies in the 1st period ugly - but what the hell, just for shits and giggles, I'll predict the Canucks win in double overtime, 2-1, winning goal by Andrew Alberts in a goal so flukey it'll make the "stanchion" look like a set play!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

theman wrote:We should see how much fight this team has now, tbh, I almost want them to lose just so we can get a better draft position. .
Pretty much guarantees a win tonight. :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

theman wrote:Where would be drafting if we lose tonight? 15th spot?
Nah, best we could draft is 23rd, I think.

Just like last season - the highest regular season finish outside of the final four playoff teams gets the 26th choice.

With Chicago, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Montreal, Boston, St. Louis, and Los Angeles finishing "ahead" of us in the regular season, it will depend on who makes the Conference Finals.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Southern_Canuck wrote:

Just like last season - the highest regular season finish outside of the final four playoff teams gets the 26th choice.

With Chicago, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Montreal, Boston, St. Louis, and Los Angeles finishing "ahead" of us in the regular season, it will depend on who makes the Conference Finals.

S_C
Fuck it then, I want a W!
HockeyGeek
CC Rookie

Post by HockeyGeek »

Just bought NHL 95 for the genesis. If the series ends the way I think it will I'll be sinking some of my days into going back in time to try and re-write some history.
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

Southern_Canuck wrote:

S_C
I thought it went the 2 teams in the finals get 30 and 29, then the division winners in order of knockout for 23-28, then the highest point total in the regular season. Still equals 23rd though. That said, i'm not positive, I may just be talking out of my butt.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Waffle wrote: Surely to god they can get themselves together to play 60 minutes of focused no screw up no dumb penalty hockey.
How is this possible when the refs can and will call anything they want?