GDT: R1G2 Canucks Vs. Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: R1G2 Canucks Vs. Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Tiger »

Gillis... wtf didn't you resign Torres .. he's a nasty beast.. but a beast..
AV.. wtf did you have the Sedin line out in the last minute regular time..You know they were going to pull the goalie.. and you know the Sedins are slow and not physical ?
SKYO.. have faith.. Kesler,Burrows,Hansen will win it in the Shark tank :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Holy fuck am I depressed ...

I tell you one thing its a fucking roller coaster ride this being a Canuck fan...

The heart soars and then its crushed time and time again, year after year, decade after decade. But fuck what a lot of fun!

I'm not giving up till its over!

Just got a keep working harder, its the sharks they will fold if they are pushed hard enough....
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I preface this by saying I know full well Luongo was excellent tonight, even if on the 2nd he'd probably like it back. Still, here we sit in the exact same spot as last year and it looks, barring a big comeback, we'll have to wait another year to see how this team would do in the playoffs with Schneider as #1 off the hop. It's no one's fault, he's injured, but this whole thing is just deja vu all over again...

...oh, and remember when SJS was the matchup we preferred, yeah, good times!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Just got a keep working harder, its the sharks they will fold if they are pushed hard enough....
You sound like Vigneault, "If we stick to our game and work real hard...."

It's a mantra that has worn out in Vancouver.

19 goals in our last 14 playoff games. We've been held to 1 goal or fewer in 7 of those games.

"Our game" is not working.....no matter how hard they work.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I would like to see them give Gaunce a chance in game 3, big body with offensive upside,,
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

TDA Rum wrote:I would like to see them give Gaunce a chance in game 3, big body with offensive upside,,

cant hurt us...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

TDA Rum wrote:I would like to see them give Gaunce a chance in game 3, big body with offensive upside,,
Put him on the blueline and sit Edler.....he couldn't be any fucking worse.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

For all that it matters, is Prab Rai available?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Maybe replace Raymond ? RayMay is trying hard but hasn't the size to be physical and the playoffs are all physical..
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Man, this really blowz. I thought we had this 1, Kes was carrying the team on his back. We had all the momentum, then Hansen misses the open net and I have no idea why Dank was diving all over the place in that game tying goal. WTF? Just feels like a wasted effort.

Really liked the Torres interview after the game. Looked like he felt bad scoring on his former mates and would of been happy to come back to the Nucks, but has to play for the jersey in front of his chest. 1 thing about torres though, deep playoff runs tend to follow him around in whatever teams he plays for.

I know it's a moot point now, but I just wish we had a guy like Manny in this series. Sharks have a bunch of guys so great on faceoffs, I didn't like seeing only Kes and Hank constantly out there taking all the draws. It would of been nice to have a guy like Manny to take some of the load off them and a guy who u can throw out there to defend the lead. Not throwing a guy like Dank out there for christ's sake.

Normally, I would say this is over, but Kes's performance gives me some hope. If a couple of other guys can score a goal to help out and Kes can keep this up, we have an outside chance. I really hope Zack is soaking this all in, watching a guy elevate his game in the playoffs. He's going to be a key guy for us in a couple years.
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

The Sedins have done exactly nothing in this series. Kessler put them both to absolute shame tonight. Obviously, there is nothing I'd like to see more than for the Canucks to turn this thing around, but if we are out in 4-5 games - which seems likely - it's time to start asking some serious questions about the future of this team. And I think those questions start with the Sedins.

Is there a more ineffective first line on any playoff team? Certainly not in the west. Even Minnesota beats us in that regard and that's saying something. Now I hope I am suffering from a massive over-reaction to a very disappointing loss, but we'll see.

I think we sneak a win in SJ but lose every home game and are done in five.

And while most here will be calling for AV and/or Gillis to go (AV yes, Gillis no) I'll be calling for something a little more drastic. A first line built around Ryan Kesler and a second line built from the returns from a Sedin trade. We're getting sweet dick all for Luongo.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Todd Bersnoozi said:
Normally, I would say this is over, but Kes's performance gives me some hope. If a couple of other guys can score a goal to help out and Kes can keep this up, we have an outside chance. I really hope Zack is soaking this all in, watching a guy elevate his game in the playoffs. He's going to be a key guy for us in a couple years.
Be nice if a couple of swedes followed Kes's example and laid it all out or maybe just gave Kes the "C" because he is the one showing leadership in all departments.. Unfortunately that won't happen.. For me this game got interesting when Kes knocked big Joe on his arse.. and then proceeded to hit 2 more sharks and got a shot on goal.. A great shift..Unfortunately we don't have enough centers.. ( MG ) and Kesler has to play in too many situations.. PP.. PK.. and is overused . ( 36 shifts to the Sedin's 30 ).. He gives and takes a lot of hits and even blocks shots.. No one on the Canucks comes close..
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

It was a better game than Wednesday but that almost makes it worse that we lost.

This team needs serious adjustment. The effort is there but the horsepower - apart from Kesler - isn't. I can't see this team pulling it off. AV puts all his eggs in rather weak baskets and it doesn't look like he knows how to direct the others. Kassian seems lost - he has no defined role and skates around with no direction. Poor kid. He could be ruined before he knows it. And poor Ballard - Corrado's inexperience showed but watch AV keep Ballard out of the line-up again in SJ.

Gillis is going to run out of time too. He hasn't done much to upgrade this team. It's aging and slowing with nothing appearing on the horizon.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Groovypippen said:
The Sedins have done exactly nothing in this series. Kessler put them both to absolute shame tonight. Obviously, there is nothing I'd like to see more than for the Canucks to turn this thing around, but if we are out in 4-5 games - which seems likely - it's time to start asking some serious questions about the future of this team. And I think those questions start with the Sedins.
Agree.. and building a first line around Kesler for next year.. and giving Kes the "C" if their performance doesnt radically improve in SJ.. not sure but think the Sedins could be a 1b line or maybe second line?

cjc said :
And poor Ballard - Corrado's inexperience showed but watch AV keep Ballard out of the line-up again in SJ.
"poor Ballard" had 140 games to prove just how bad a dman he is.. Corrado is the better of the 2.. wtf has Ballard done to give him a playoff spot?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

cjc wrote:It was a better game than Wednesday but that almost makes it worse that we lost.

This team needs serious adjustment. The effort is there but the horsepower - apart from Kesler - isn't. I can't see this team pulling it off. AV puts all his eggs in rather weak baskets and it doesn't look like he knows how to direct the others. Kassian seems lost - he has no defined role and skates around with no direction. Poor kid. He could be ruined before he knows it. And poor Ballard - Corrado's inexperience showed but watch AV keep Ballard out of the line-up again in SJ.

Gillis is going to run out of time too. He hasn't done much to upgrade this team. It's aging and slowing with nothing appearing on the horizon.
Yep, the Kass was nothing, make him the fucking third Sedin for fucks sake....it worked before, Burrows goes on 3rd with Raymond & Hanson.....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)