GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host fish - 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host fish - 7:30

Post by nuckster »

Canucks look disjointed and rather anemic offence wise... not very promising at the half way point
cc oldtimer
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Thanks Raffi.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Dumb dumb dumb penalty for Kassian. He's not playing well at all. The hits will present themselves if you keep skating (see: Hansen). Cost us a goal.
Hoss
CC Rookie

Post by Hoss »

Unfortunately I can only get this game on NBC sportsnet down here in the Greater Vancouver shopping district... The Sharks broadcasters are a joke. Drew Remenda? Maybe the biggest weiner in the hockey media. Le sigh...
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

At the game. Crowd is tense. I have no idea if I'm not seeing things properly from so far away but screaming "ref you suck" seems appropriate . Conspiracy theorists will be outin force. who wants the Sharks to advance? I can't even take the edge off with alcohol. Damn lucky no one has tried to steal my towel.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

A much better period. Out shot the Sharks 14-6. Tough to give one up on the PP like that but a great shot. I like our game but Dank needs to shoot the fucking puck!!
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

cjc wrote:At the game. Crowd is tense. I have no idea if I'm not seeing things properly from so far away but screaming "ref you suck" seems appropriate . Conspiracy theorists will be outin force. who wants the Sharks to advance? I can't even take the edge off with alcohol. Damn lucky no one has tried to steal my towel.
snuck some in did ya...lol good for you
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Canucks are keeping the crowd out of the game. This is painful.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

that was way better than the first...tough luck on PK...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

cjc wrote:Canucks are keeping the crowd out of the game. This is painful.
lots of good hits though...choppy game and no real flow..but we are hitting the shit out of them
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Sharks powerplay has looked far more dangerous so far.

That being said in terms of golden opportunities we've probably come out ahead so far.. well, tied (two posts and a greasy goal vs. the Sharks goal and the big Luongo stop on a second chance in the 1st).

Kassian is showing his age, Hansen has had a great game so far.

I like seeing the Canucks taking it to the Sharks defensemen, a couple good shots on Boyle and Vlasic, hope that adds up to an advantage as the series wears on.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I need a drink and someone I don't know keeps texting me. 90 sec timeouts are a real disruption to the game. Crowd would love to get into it but too many stoppages. Canucks seem nervous. You can almost feel it. We needed to get up 2-0 but at 1-1 this game will drag until a mistake is made.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not a lot of room out there. The Sedins are nowhere tonight. This series will be a goaltenders duel. This is actually the best 200 foot game I've seen the Sharks play in a while, they are a lot faster than I am used to seeing them. They are a determined bunch out there. If the Nucks don't match their intensity we are done.

Hate to pick on the kid but Kassian is a nothing but a 4th line player right now. He always seems be behind the play instead of ahead of it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rockjetty
CC Rookie

Post by rockjetty »

Hoss wrote:Unfortunately I can only get this game on NBC sportsnet down here in the Greater Vancouver shopping district... The Sharks broadcasters are a joke. Drew Remenda? Maybe the biggest weiner in the hockey media. Le sigh...
I was hoping NBC would carry the TSN feed... When the 'Nucks series were on CBC it was always just the CBC feed with an added banner. I would say Remenda is the more unbiased commentator of the two at this point, but that isn't saying a heck of a lot...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

To me the Canucks appear to be playing not to lose. They are however taking the body and playing tough hockey. They just haven't found a rhythm. Its one thing to get the big hits but they need more pressure. Although its hard to be upset with 14 shots in that period.
The only HW the Canucks need