GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host fish - 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host fish - 7:30

Post by vic »

Rumsfeld wrote: Canucks have scored 16 goals in their last 14 playoff games and haven't won at home since game 5 against Boston. Jesus Christ.
They've also only won 2 of their last 11 playoff games overall.

Like AV always says, you need excellent goal-tending to win in this league. For the Canucks, that means we can't win unless our goalie gets a shutout.

AV doesn't coach the goalies, it's Melanson's fault the team is in this downward spiral.

AV also doesn't coach special teams which have stunk for the past year and a half, so it's also Bowness's and Brown's fault.

AV is not in charge of player acquisitions, so add Gillis to the list too.

AV didn't hire Gillis, so throw while we're at it, why not blame Aquilini too.

Basically blame the entire organization, but AV.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I am deeply disappointed in our coaching, that to me is where our issues lie for the most part. People on here put together better lines and the ones that have shown success get split immediately. I am just frustrated...

garrison was starting to put fear into the opposing PK team in the last 4 or 5 games of the season..put him n the 1st pp unit for fucks sakes...

:crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Rumsfeld wrote:I sure hope Ebbett gets even more key offensive-zone shifts tomorrow.

Daniel Sedin doesn't even look like a second line forward any more. It's pretty amazing how quickly Sedin/Sedin/Burrows have gone from the best first line in the league to one of the worst.

Yeah, one of the worst. They are awful defensively, can't skate, have zero grit and they barely score.

Looking for something, anything, from Kassian tomorrow. Yeah he's young, but these are the kind of games where he should be making things miserable for our opponents.

Canucks have scored 16 goals in their last 14 playoff games and haven't won at home since game 5 against Boston. Jesus Christ.

Yes, if this post sounds really negative that's because it is. I'll be fired up again tomorrow and full of faith, not to worry. :)
:D I got crapped on all over this board for suggesting the Sedin's were going downhill 6 months ago..
They sucked big time last game.. Lets hope the "juggler" puts Burrows on the Kesler line and we will have 1 good
scoring line... Maybe put Raymond on with the Sedins? ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Tiger wrote: :D I got crapped on all over this board for suggesting the Sedin's were going downhill 6 months ago..
6 months?

You've been shitting on the Sedin's since the first time I ever saw you post.

I think the "crapping" may be partially due to the fact that people get tired of hearing the same drum being banged all the time.
DeLevering since 1999.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

donlever wrote:
Tiger wrote: :D I got crapped on all over this board for suggesting the Sedin's were going downhill 6 months ago..
6 months?

I think the "crapping" may be partially due to the fact that people get tired of hearing the same drum being banged all the time.
Was a big fan of the Twins until 2011... Not so much after game 7 against Boston..
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Tiger wrote:
donlever wrote:
6 months?

Was a big fan of the Twins until 2011... Not so much after game 7 against Boston..
No, you got crapped on for suggesting, no guaranteeing the Laughs will win the first 2 rounds... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Tiger wrote:
Hmmm, my bad then, I must be "mis-remembering" (thanks Clemens) or thinking of another....

Copious apologies.
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I don't think anyone has ever disagreed that the Sedin's are declining, however, they are clearly still very effective. PPG players are still top line players in this league.

What they need is some help!

The assumption is that the likes of Kesler, Roy, Higgins, Raymond, Booth, and eventually Kassian can step into a more promenant role and make up for the 15=20 points per Sedin that we are now lacking.

And of course the problem has been health.

The Sedin's are not the issue, when they are the only offensive threat out there (and that is declining slightly) it's very easy to key on them because there isn't any worry about the rest of the lineup.

Kesler needs to step up huge, hopefully he's over the flu and AV doesn't feed him any more of that salmonella laced raw meat!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Was a big fan of the Twins until 2011... Not so much after game 7 against Boston..[/quote]

No, you got crapped on for suggesting, no guaranteeing the Laughs will win the first 2 rounds... 8-)[/quote]

Nope.. not me Aaron.. that was paddy's post.. I suggested that if they got lucky and didn't have to play Montreal they might make it to the second round :).. But for the record I would love to see a Canucks/leaves Stanley cup final and watch the Canucks beat the living shite out of the dammm leaves :)