GDT: Canucks @ Coilers, 7pm PST - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Coilers, 7pm PST - CBC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Reefer2 wrote: Luo's last game as a Canuck shows really why he is leaving the team.
I don't know about that. Lou played great. The team in front of him played well for most of it, but the Oilers had the far better roster tonight.

With Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Alex Burrows, Alex Edler, Jason Garrison and Dan Hamhuis out of the lineup, the Oilers sure as fuck better beat the Canucks.

I'm sure they took it like a slap in the face that we dressed a roster that would finish last in the league, and they should.

The Canucks are going to the playoffs, it's a nothing game and the Canucks certainly treated it like one.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thank God none of our Team Canada members got hurt tonight. Thats all I was worried about going into this one. Keep those Canadians safe. Whew...I just feel so much better now.

Ya Luongo should have been pulled but perhaps he would have been pissed. Who knows what AV was thinking but if the rumours of Cory being hurt are true why keep Luongo in to get shelled like that.

Man that has to be a hard game to play though. Just wanting it over.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Reefer2 wrote:
Luo's last game as a Canuck shows really why he is leaving the team.
Huh?

Are you stoned Reefer?

:drink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Now is it just me, or did CBC forget we didn't dress our top line or our top-3 dmen?

Do they honestly think the Canucks will dwell on this one? And if they do, isn't that MORE motivation for game 1? I can't fathom a scenario where Vancouver gets discouraged after that game.

I think the Oilers happiness in this one indicates their level. They seemed pretty happy to be where they're at. Big celly's after goals and after the game. Or was that "YAY THE SEASONS OVER!! I CAN GET THE FUCK OUT OF EDMONTON"?
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Jovocop wrote:I feel sorry for the Oilers' fans. They seem to be able to score when games are meaningless... :lol:
Missed most of the game in favour of a good book, turned it on in time to see us get shelled rather hilariously. 5 goals against in 3 1/2 minutes has to be some kind of record. Oilers acting like they are winning the Stanley Cup, but if you're playing against the lineup we dressed tonight, that had no interest in playing D for a full 60 minutes, you'd better win!

So nobody got hurt right? Didn't like the fisticuffs at the end.... we don't need Lappy to break his hand.

3-1 LA with 7 minutes to go... do you know the way to San Jose?
Last edited by darren on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

darren wrote: ... do you know the way to San Jose?
We can just follow them home with a 2-0 lead 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Glen Healy said it best. A great night to pad the stats but went hey wake up tomorrow they are still out of the playoffs.

I had no expectation of a win tonight but heading into the third it looked good. I just hate when they fall apart it all but It was a meaningless game for most of our players. The fringe players should have been fighting to show they deserve to start in the playoffs and some of them did.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Contrary to everything he's said I think Luongo has mentally moved on from the Canucks. The worrying thing is that this means we don't have the stellar back-up for Schneider going into the playoffs. Lu is an emotional guy who puts his heart and soul into what he does. I think he's held it together and made a huge effort to concentrate on the professional approach to his situation but I think this is too hard a situation for him to handle.

I feel really bad for him and think this leaves the team in a very tough spot. If they was fargile in front of him before, they will be bone china going into next week. Better hope Schneids is on the mend and stays healthy for the entire run.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Played pretty good till mid third period considering it meant nothing. You would have thought it was game 7 of a playoff round and not minutes before golfing after the goals but whatevah..Fuck you coil :evil:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote: Ya Luongo should have been pulled but perhaps he would have been pissed. Who knows what AV was thinking but if the rumours of Cory being hurt are true why keep Luongo in to get shelled like that.

Man that has to be a hard game to play though. Just wanting it over.
Do we have a coach or a doormat?
Does he not comprehend that letting the goalie get bombed in a meaningless game isn't going to help the GM work a trade? :mad:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, for the luv of God, Lou has given up, the team has given up... make a goalie change!!! There's a chance Lou will be starting game #1 of the playoffs cuz Schneids might not be 100%, do u think Lou will be totally feeling confident after getting lite up by the Oilers? Throw in rookie Joe to change things up for crying loud!

Zamboni Driver wrote:WTF is with our idiot coach?
After 5 he was done, get him out for F**k sakes!
Why does AV keep hanging him out to dry? :evil:
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Vigneault has a real edge to him. You see it in how he treats players and what he says. Why couldn't he have called Lu over and asked him what he wanted to do? After how classy Lu has been, couldn't the coach have reciprocated?

I'm getting tired of AV. I wonder if he gives a damn.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

We were missing the Sedins, Burrows, Garrison, Hamhuis, & Edler. A kick in the ass can serve as motivation.

AV is a funny guy. :look:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They said in a matter of 12 minutes Luongo had taken off his equipment, showered, dressed and left the dressing room by himself. Tells me he is pretty upset about something. Not the way he wants to end his run in Vancouver no doubt, being a back up in a meaningless game with a bunch of scrubs in front of you.

OK, let the real season begin, bring on the Sharks. Now we will get to see if we can score at all.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

The rabble lineup held it together longer than I thought it would. If I had a spare $100 I would have put it all on the Oilers. I don't know what the hell AV is doing anymore and I fully suspect that he will be gone in the summer unless the Canucks win the cup.